f

Sunday 20 February 2022

I N S P I R E D B Y T H I E R R Y M U G L E R | Tribute Review

Here we are at the final Tribute of the season! Thierry Mugler is another new brand to our collection of Tribute releases - it's not a brand I'm very familiar with or look up the collections of, so I'm coming at this one with quite a fresh set of eyes, lets get into the store:
I was a little hesitant to post this as a review, as I think the store is a bit limited and overall the styles aren't so much to my taste, but in the end I've decided to go for it, though it may be on the short side! There is one floor to the release but it's quite full of 7 looks to choose from - the one thing I do love about this release is the colour scheme, that works well for me^ First up the accessories, which will be a very short section as there aren't many, with no bags or jewellery included in the release. And even though there are shoes, there are only 3 pairs! The most stand out pair are the Mugler Inspired High Boots and they're pretty impressive, I'm a little tempted to try them. They have a nice pointed toe and a slim heel but it's the design of the gold metallic wrap all around the leg that is stunning! These have really been very nicely done. Then there are the matching Mugler Inspired Black and Beige Pumps, much more a minimal style but really a classic design that will be easy to wear with a number of looks. With the colouring on these I think I prefer the black over the beige pair, but both will be versatile shoes to style.
And now for the clothing. Whilst tights can be great layering pieces, I'm just not a fan of the store display of these, I'm afraid I just don't find it appealing - I'm sure both the Mugler Inspired Stripe and Black Tights will look great styled outwith the store though. I think we all know that cutout designs aren't really my thing, but I certainly can appreciate a well-done cutout design, unfortunately I think the ones here aren't so great, but that's just my opinion. I think the beige Mugler Inspired Jumpsuit had so much potential, it looks pretty decent in RL, but on the doll I just don't think it works out quite as well - I would have loved this to have come as separate top and trousers, because I love the trouser part to it! I do think the outerwear pieces in this collection aren't too bad, whilst a posed style like the Mugler Inspired Black Blazer isn't my thing, the blazer itself looks good and a classic piece, and I know this is something a lot of people will like. The Mugler Inspired Body Jacket had a lot of potential if only it were a cropped piece and wasn't a 'body' design, for me it completely puts me off, however the colour is a nice neutral one. But, I have so much love for the Mugler Inspired Green Coat, hands down, this is 'the' piece of the collection for me. The colour is stunning, we've not got anything in a similar colour and the overcoat style is an incredibly popular one. I also love the sheen! This is the piece that first caught my eye when looking at the store, it might even be my favourite piece of this whole Tribute season! And the last piece to mention is another good one, the Mugler Inspired Black Pants which were the second piece that caught my eye - these are one of the more wearable pieces in the release, a classic loose pair of black trousers but with a fun little touch of the cutouts at the waist. The design of the cutout means they're fitting with the rest of the collection but it's also a cutout thats easy to cover and hide if you don't want it on show. I really like these and think they will last well in my black trouser collection^

F E A T U R E S
First feature comes from Elrry styling up the Mugler Inspired Green Coat - I fell in love with this look as soon as I'd seen it, a green dream! The colour of the trousers is absolutely perfect with the coat and the cord texture works well against the sheen. The layering of the blazer is super fun, the colour is along the same lines but I think the contrast works well highlighting the coat and trouser combination. The accessories are great, the bag works perfectly and I adore the shoe choice, these stand out so nicely and I think are a great fit with a good balance against the sunglasses =)
Next up is Mia1435 who wears the Mugler Inspired Body Jacket in a super impressive way and makes it look alright to wear! It looks super smart paired with this skirt, the colour and style of the two are surprisingly almost matching despite coming from separate stores. The layering under the jacket is great, I love the orange touch tying in with the accessories, such a great pairing for this neutral base =)
Now we have millaxx styling the Mugler Inspired Black Pants in a very sleek way. I love the silhouette of this look, the corset top really works great with them giving the top half of the look a fitted vibe converse to the loose fit of the trousers - the hem design of the corset also works very nicely with the cutout design of the trousers, the two are very complementary to each other =) The white shirt is super smart, I love that with the trousers too. And the accessories are fab, the black sheen is perfect with the look^
And the final feature is from Natasasitsa styling the Mugler Inspired Black Tights - this is exactly how these should have been styled in the store, I think it really sells them well =D They look great with the leather pieces and the rock-chick vibes, the pointed studded heels look fantastic and I love them paired with this belting, super cool! The oversized white shirt is a fab base for the fun tights and the leather accessories. Also love seeing this vest being styled, it looks so cool here!

S T Y L I N G S
I have just picked up two pieces from this release - I'm not sure there are any pieces I would go back to pick up, and I'm pretty pleased with the pieces I've picked. First up the Mugler Inspired Green Coat which I styled so quickly, there were so many pieces which looked good with this piece in a range of colours and styles. For this first time styling I opted for white, I think it really pops against the dark of the green and makes the look stand out - I also really loved the metallic vibes of this bag together with the coat, I will repeat the pairing for sure! I kept the top minimal, I really like the look of navy with this coat too and also wanted to give it a try in this look - I really like how it works =D And then there are the Mugler Inspired Black Pants, at first I struggled a little with the hem of the trousers and finding a pair of shoes, but as soon as I tried these gold ones I was really sold, the two work well together. Finding a top was no problem, this off-shoulder piece is great in many looks, and with these trousers is another combination that works; the cutout panels are still shown off with this piece. I loved adding some little gold accessories to work with the shoes, these delicate pieces help to keep the focus on the trousers rather than the colour and I love it =D

No comments:

Post a Comment