f

Saturday 12 February 2022

C A L L I E S P I C K S | Styled By Me / / Styled By You

Callie's Picks 137 brought us an interesting collection of pieces with the theme 'Love Story' - I'm not sure what sort of story this is because there's a whole range of pieces available in this store, which are all older Hotbuys pieces. For a February/Valentines theme some focus February Hotbuys may have been a good idea. But still, the collection has some nice pieces included. Before my own stylings, a feature, mrv93 styles up the Citrus Stud Belt which is a fun neon piece that I'm not sure I've seen styled in a long time! This jacket looks amazing with the belt, the colour is spot on with the trim of the belt and layering more neon green to match with the polo is perfection, what a set of pieces! I also love the addition of this train to the jacket, what a glamorous way to style it. The shoes and one of the bags are a perfect neon fit got the styling and I think the brown trousers work very nicely as a neutral component to the green, plus I love the purple touch in there too^
I actually had quite a number of pieces from this release already, one which I've used quite a bit over the years, the Hotbuys Golden Resort Purse which is such a sweet piece and I can really recommend, and others which I've not styled so much. So first up is the Bilbao Dotted Maxi Dress which has already been re-released into Archive which is where I picked up mine from and I don't think I've styled it before. It's for sure a challenging piece, it's not easy to layer with any other clothing items because there's a lot to the shape with the ruffling and the mixed patterns, and also I want to show those off! I did try out some blue heels which I love with the dress, but for a bag I had better options in red so I switched to some red boots and I'm very pleased with the outcome, I think these pieces work so well together =) I was also able to find some perfect earrings for the look, this red and navy pair are perfect for the dress, I love it! Next up is the HotBuys Brooch Jacket which I've had for such a long time and perhaps styled only once or twice. It's another tricky one to style, the purple is really quite bright which I think is where I struggle. I used blacks and whites for this one which I think works well with the design on the piece. I added some glamour in the bag and I think it suits the styling very nicely. But something isn't quite right with the look, I don't quite love it yet, so need some more time with this one for sure. And the final piece, the HotBuys Gucci Inspired Gown which came out back in April 2016 and has managed to cling on in my wardrobe for that long despite the fact that I rarely wear gown pieces, I'm glad I still have this one though =) I've worn this a few times and think I've always styled it quite similarly and as a skirt rather than a dress, which is much easier for me to work with. This time I've gone for something warm, I love this sweater with the dress, the colours are pretty much perfect together and the base of pink allowed me to focus on some of those additional colours for accessories - I opted for red but the perfect green would also look fabulous (I just didn't have the right pieces to work with the green). These are simple sandals and I love the floral earrings I've used, I think they're spot on for the styling =)

No comments:

Post a Comment