f

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Acceptable in the 80s

When Christmas is over, it doesn't matter how cold it is, I just assume it's Spring. All the florals and pastels start creeping back into my wardrobe (as if they ever left).

I was looking through my extensive collection of pink and spotted this Cynthia Rowley inspired dress that I spent ages looking for in the bazaar, but have never styled. I think it's probably something to do with it reminding me of the late 80s/ early 90s style tabards that the ladies used to wear when I went to pre-school...


Audreyhepburn. styled this beautifully as a midi skirt, but I wanted to see if I could reconcile myself with the dress as a whole. I think I just about managed.

The wonky sweatshirt sleeves give it a bit of attitude and the boots help to elevate the colour scheme to something a little more sophisticated. I wanted to throw in some purple to pick up the detail in the dress, but that would probably have been too much. I know I said I wanted to keep up with colour this year, but sometimes you have to back away...

Ingredients / You Will Need

Dress Inspired By Cynthia Rowley | Archive
Paris Lover Sweater | Hot Hot Buys (Christmas Calendar)
Sleeveless White Turtleneck | PPQ of Mayfair
Alexandre Vauthier Inspired Metallic Boots | Limited Edition
Twisted Huge Hoops | Antidote
Mint Leather Belt | Bonjour Bizou
White Gabriel Bag | PPQ of Mayfair
Blush Jewelled Jacket | Callie's Picks
Loved Earring | Subcouture

No comments:

Post a Comment