f

Saturday 27 January 2018

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | January 2017

And now looking back a year to the 2017 Hotbuys! I think this months Hotbuys had such a cool vibe about them, like there was just something about that slicked back red hair and the fabrics and styles chosen for the pieces - I don't think I'm quite cool enough but I really liked buying from this selection of HBs! I've sold a couple and pieces, and recently styled up the Red Metallic Bag in the Bag It Up Challenge, and the Vintage Stone Washed Denim sure get their fair share of stylings, so for this post I've gone with the Velvet Ballet Top, which I don't mind at all, and the Graffiti Skirt, which I have been really wanting to style for a few months now so this is the perfect opportunity!
I enjoyed working with these pieces, and didn't find it too tricky to come up with a look for each of them. With the Velvet Ballet Top, I think I have worn it maybe once or twice over the year before now - I like this look, I think it works nicely for the top, but I don't think it's the absolute perfect way to wear it. I think a skirt would look good with this piece, feminine style for something with 'ballet' in the name; but I'm not unhappy with my look, love the burgundy against the pinky tone of the top. The neckline is pretty open, so I'm not sure about that aspect of attempting to include it in an everyday wardrobe. I absolutely adore my styling with the Graffiti Skirt - totally not what I was imagining for this piece, but I love how it's ended up =) I feel like my first styling was very dark, and this is the complete opposite, I think this means there is a lot of versatility with this piece, hopefully I'll style it up again soon! The white tights and shirt really make the graffiti printing stand out from the denim and I think it looks pretty great!

No comments:

Post a Comment