f

Tuesday 11 January 2022

A R C H I V E | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Our recent release into the Archive store brought us back some pieces from past Tributes, there's a mix of Prada, Valentino and Tom Ford pieces included, I for one am glad for the mix and it's not just a complete re-release of one of the stores. So I already have a number of pieces that are included in this release and I don't think there's anything there that I'm missing that I'd like, so I'll be styling up the original pieces after a couple of cool features first! Here we have HeraKowall styling the Balmain Inspired Embroidered Shirt Black and the Black Liquid Stockings which look pretty fabulous together and in this outfit as a whole^ I love the skirt added to these pieces, the different velvet texture added is very nice, and I the shirt works well with it and on a female doll too (this piece is designed for the male doll). I'm especially loving the gold accent details as added in the accessories, the belt and earrings are awesome, it really was them that pulled me into this sheer lace design of the shirt, and I think this combination would work well for a lot of different outfit ideas =)
And then we have Mery.- styling up the Quilted Crystal Bag in another chic look ready for the Winter^ The silver of the bag really stands out with the use of silver in the rest of the accessories, love these earrings, the slim-framed glasses and the shoes with it, and even the rings added on the opposite hand, it's a lovely balance. The black base of the clothing works really nicely, and the lined details on the top is a nice touch which also draws into the silver. The trench is a fun touch, and I think the beige tone works nicely with the outfit as a whole^
Next up my stylings, I don't have any of these particular clothing pieces (neon isn't so much my thing as I'm sure you know!), but I do have a number of the accessories that have come out in this release and so had quite a few pieces to choose from for these looks. First up are the Crystal Hoop Earrings and Quilted Crystal Bag (originally Tom Ford) which are such a nice pairing, they look good together and separately and I've worn each at least a few times before. I love the more muted tone the silver has, it's not too bright and I think that really helps make them easy pieces to style. I opted for navy with them and I think they're great with this dress, so stylish! I added some long sleeves to keep it Wintery but stuck with sandals rather than boots for footwear, the striped pattern to these works very nicely with the bag even though the silvers are different. I really like this one! Next up is the Valentino Tribute Tote, which you can also get the matching Red Rockstud Pumps with (originally Valentino) - I would love to style these together, but the bag has silver studs and the shoes have gold, I just can't get my head around working with that! So I opted to focus on the bag because I've had it since the original release (2013!) and I know I can count on one hand how many times I've included it in a styling - which is ridiculous. I'm not entirely happy with this look in the end, it covers too much of the bag which is completely my own fault for adding this coat, but I loved that it had silver buttons to tie in with the studs on the bag. I also used silver in the trousers, these I really liked with the bag before the coat, but again the coat covers a bit much of them - so lesson learned, don't always wear a coat! The colour of the bag is a pink-red tone, and I have no other accessories to match this, these shoes aren't perfect however I love the silver jewel detail on the front with the silver on the bag, so I can overlook the colour mis-match this time. This needs some work, but I think the bag has more potential than I was giving it a chance at! And the final outfit, pairing the Prada Inspired Bags and Flame Patent Leather Wedge Sandals Pink (originally Prada) - these shoes also come in Orange which I have too and actually this outfit worked equally with either pair of shoes, I just opted for the pink because I think I've never styled these before (also shocking!). I did find it quite tricky looking for other pink pieces to match the shoes, the colour is very specific and I don't have a lot of it, but thankfully I have this coat and I think it's fabulous and makes for a fabulous outfit^ I kept the clothing underneath plain black to let the colours shine and it works well. The coat bring a lot of different colours but there is mostly pink in there and it's not too close to the shoes to notice a colour-clash. I also added the bag to this styling, I've worn it before with this coat so I knew it was a combination that would work - and I love it =D

No comments:

Post a Comment