f

Sunday 9 January 2022

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Revisited 40

Now heading back to the 40th LE collection - this was released back in July 2019 and was the perfect Summer release. I still love the vibes of this one, I can't get enough of it and it's definitely one of my favourites of the more recent LE releases. Myself and the Guest Writers put together a great set of stylings for this releases, it's a set I love so much! I have quite a number of pieces from this relatively small release, and actually there's a couple of things I'd love to pick up in the Bazaar to try out for the next Summer season. But onto what I do have:
Now I did want this set of looks to be Winter-appropriate, but some Summer styles have slipped in. I'm kinda glad they did though as I really like these first two outfits. First up are the Strappy Sandals which are such a pretty pair of Summer shoes, I love the delicate straps paired with the chunkier heel, and the light colour makes them very versatile. The heel has a green tone so I picked this up for the clothing, I really thought this blazer was a good fit for that, I'm quite pleased to get a wear from it^ For Summer I kept it light with these pale green trousers and white shirt, super simple but something different for me. Simple accessories too but fitting with the look, I love adding these shiny earrings, they're pretty perfect with the blazer I think. So pleased with this outfit! Next up are the Pink Blazer and Two Belt - I've worn this belt quite a lot since getting it, it's a pretty great one to have in my collection. The blazer not so much, I have styled it up maybe once or twice but not regularly at all. I looked online for some inspiration with pink blazers and found a great option, I just didn't have any similar pieces to recreate the styling, haha, so I improvised and think I've done an ok job. I really like these white shorts with the blazer, the style of the two fit well together and I like the length of the shorts below the hem of the blazer. I kept the top simple to fit in with the shorts, and matched the shoes to them - I spent a long time on both the shoes and the bags as I had quite a few options, in the end I think these pieces worked best together with the clothing I'd already picked. With the black print on the bag it was perfect to add the belt into this styling too long with black sunglasses. I'm so happy with how this outfit has worked out, totally not my regular style but I'm so glad I tried it out!
Now into the more seasonally appropriate outfits that I was imagining! Here are the Checked Trousers which are such a cute pair of trousers, I really like these but totally don't give them as much attention as they deserve. I did find quite a few items that looked good with the trousers but then struggled to make a complete look with it, I love brown boots with these but then none of my tops or coats worked out well with the rest of the look - so I've gone down an all-white styling route and I think it works nicely and the trousers are highlighted well^ I like trying out the oversized trend with the clothing, and I like it on my doll in this look, the pieces work together well. The accessories were simple to choose, love the tiny gold details in the bag and with the earrings. This is something totally wearable, I'll for sure be reaching for this combination again =D Then is the Pelle Shirt which was a well-worn item in my wardrobe for quite some time, I haven't worn it so much in the last year or so. Without thinking about pairing it with this other brown and white look, I thought brown would be a nice choice for this piece, these trousers are a great style fit for the shirt. The coat does cover it quite a bit, but it really helps to make the styling, so I had to leave it in there! Accessorising with white helps the shirt pop, I loved choosing this different white bag for a change, I think it works well with this outfit.
And onto the final two looks - first is the Yellow Shirt Mini which I attempted to work into a Wintery styling, I think it's reasonably successful but it definitely will look better in other outfits. I think the black and light tan colourings look fab together, and I love this thick belt to cinch the waist - thus other black accessories were easy to add, I love this bag here, it's got those little touches of gold too and I think the style is such a cute and current one. I don't think this look will be for everyone, but I think it works well for me =) And the final piece, the Hat Bag, which I've only ever styled back when it first came out and I've been tempted to sell it in my Bazaar numerous times - right now I'm glad I didn't go through with selling because I love this outfit! I knew I wanted to style a skirt with this bag and I tried quite a few that looked very good before settling on this one, I love the pleating and the colour, I think it works well for the bag. The boots were also an easy choice, I love adding that patent shine to the outfit! I did struggle a bit choosing a top/coat for the look, nothing was working out quite right so I've opted for super simple and classically me with this beige poloneck - it works, and also is a good base for adding a necklace, but I think there is definitely a better piece out there that could be added to this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment