f

Saturday 22 January 2022

3 BY 3 | Sequins

It's been a little while since one of these 3BY3 posts but with us in the midst of the festive party season I thought it was the perfect time to bring out these pieces - the theme is sequins! Sequins can be so fun in a look, but also can be tricky to style so I'm challenging myself today to style each of these in 3 ways - the Floral Sequin Jacket (still available in Windows On The World via the Plaza Catalogue), Dolce & Gabbana Inspired Glitter Coat (Inspired By Dolce&Gabbana)and the Sequin Midi (still available from Nelly). I have worn each of these pieces at least once, so lets see what I can come up with today!

F L O R A L S E Q U I N J A C K E T
This Floral Sequin Jacket is such a cute sequin piece for Spring with the light colours it has all over it, the mix is super cute and it's a lovely piece - it's just definitely one that falls into the 'tricky to style' category for me! I've really no idea why that is, but I also don't think I've seen anyone style this, so perhaps others feel the same. Once I got going and found a few pieces that I liked with the colour scheme and style of the jacket it wasn't too bad - whilst I do think that there will be other great ways to wear this piece, these are an alright start for me. In the first look I really loved these mint trousers with the jacket, the base colour is a great match for them and I think the styles are pretty nice together. It's pretty simple but I think it's an effective look. Next up I knew I wanted to use these sequin booties, to make them stand out I went simple with white between them and the jacket which I really like. I added more green to the styling with this cute top and the bag which I think both work well. I also love these sparkly earrings, they're a really nice accessory to use with this piece. And in the final styling of course I had to include the matching dress to the jacket, a perfect pairing^ I think this is my favourite outfit of the trio - I styled the dress more as a skirt and I really love it like that, the white shirt works well with it and introduced the colour to use in the accessories. These shoes are super cute and I love being able to use this shoulder bag, it's one of my favourite that I don't wear often enough anymore!

D O L C E & G A B B A N A I N S P I R E D G L I T T E R C O A T
This Dolce & Gabbana Inspired Glitter Coat for sure is one of the hardest pieces I own to style, I have tried so many times and either come up with the same look over and over again or just can't get away from pairing it with a couple of the same pieces - this set of looks took the longest to put together, and it really made me want to quit with this post, but I persevered! I'm glad I did though as the looks I've put together are completely different to what I've tried with this piece before. The looks are all bright and focus on colours in the sequins that aren't navy or the dark purple which takes over most of the coat. I really love these white trousers in the first look, they're a bright white but definitely have a blue/purple hue to them which I why I picked them over other pairs. The dark top helps the look not to be too bright, and accessorising was easy combining whites and purple, I love these shoes here especially, they really pop against the trousers. The second look also has some white pieces but includes lilac, such a beautiful colour pairing and I think the lilac is beautiful against this coat^ I like this silk skirt a lot with the heavy sequins of the coat, for sure this is a texture combination I would do again. The final look is maybe a bit wild, but there are indeed some yellow in the sequins on the coat, so I went all out! I love this look a lot^ The trousers are super fun and I loved that I had some perfect colour-matched pieces that worked well with the style of this look, love adding these boots and the bag and it's great to include these fabulous sunglasses =)

S E Q U I N M I D I
And the final piece, not outerwear, this time the Sequin Midi which I've had since it's release and perhaps styled once or twice - it deserves more limelight, how cool is a gold sequin midi skirt! I do think this was the easiest of the three pieces to style. First up is quite a classic black and gold styling, two colours which look great together so this outfit was easy to style. I kept the clothing simple black and added gold in the accessories, which are all great pieces^ Next up another classic with white, it's another combination that I really like to wear, but this is more a Summer style - this shirt is a great piece to style with gold with its own gold necktie detail. Super simple with the rest of the look, I love getting to use this cute little gold crossbody bag, it's been a staple in my gold bag collection for years! The final one was a bit of a wildcard styling, I love this white overcoat with the skirt so much, especially including these trainers in the look, they're a real winner in this set of pieces. I love being able to make use of the green gold chain shirt, and I do think it goes well with the skirt but I'm not sure it's perfect with the rest of the styling. I like the accessories here though, the necklace is great layered with this shirt and the little bag is pretty cute^

No comments:

Post a Comment