f

Saturday 29 January 2022

S A I N T L A U R E N T A R C H I V E | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

In quick succession to the last Archive release, we have another - this time bringing us back pieces from the Saint Laurent Tribute Summer 2017 and Winter 2017 releases. This is a nice mix, I do prefer having one brand released at a time into one Archive release like this over having several mixed together like the last one, but that is just my personal preference. These were both collections I liked and there are some great pieces in this re-release that have lasted in my wardrobe and I style a lot - so there's some good investments to be made with this one! But first up, the features - this look is from Brevis who styles up the Heart Shaped Victorian Body in such a beautiful way, this styling is stunning, I can't get over it! The body is layered beneath a pretty lace white dress, the two are a perfect fit with all of those lace details, it looks like they were made for each other. The open neck and sleeveless-ness of the dress is perfect to highlight the beautiful details of the body. And it's been accessorised to perfection, simple yet stunning earrings, intricate shoes and such a cute bag styling to make this DIOR piece on a chain; I love it all so much =D
And our second feature is from HeraKowall who wears the Crystals Blouse in such a fun and eye-catching way! This was a piece I hadn't really thought about buying/styling before, but this look is kind of convincing me to try it out, it could be super fun. The navy is such a great pairing with the bold pink, the sparkles hold their own well against this suit, the suit and shirt being a classic winning combination, the colour making it super modern^ The yellow touches are also super fun and completely my thing, I love it =)
Now for my own looks! I have quite a few of these pieces already and love using them - for example the Oversized Coat and the Heart Silhouette Clutch, both of which I high recommend, so this time I'm styling up some of the other pieces. First up is the Lace Victorian Puff Blouse which is the only new piece I've added to my wardrobe from this release, this is such a delicate sweet piece and I'm excited to use it more. I decided to try out contrasting textures, the intricate lace of the blouse with these leather trousers and I think it's a nice pairing, I didn't tuck the top because the trim is super cute. The rest of the look is super simple, the white accessories are perfect to make sure it's the top highlighted rather than the trousers and it works nicely. Next up are both the Tuxedo Shoulder Bag and the Black Classic Belted Pants - these trousers have a silver belt buckle attached, which is one of the reasons I really don't wear them often because I prefer gold, but on this occasion I found the perfect top to hide that, actually this top is a great style fit for the trousers, I must remember that! Anyway, the top has a tiny gold detail at the neck so it makes for a nice addition to the gold in the accessories - I love this bag a lot, and for sure need to use it more often as I think it's reasonably versatile as well. The final styling uses the Saint Laurent Inspired Body, which I rarely use because it always gets a little forgotten stored as a jumpsuit and that's a category I don't style often - but it makes for a great top! Of course it calls for silver accents, these pieces were easy to pick out and I particularly love these shoes with the look, the style is perfect and the length of the trousers is just right to show off all of the design elements. For sure a classic look that I will repeat^

No comments:

Post a Comment