f

Saturday 25 December 2021

S U B C O U T U R E | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Starting off the festive weekend with a brand new Subcouture release! This was a bit of a surprise, I hadn't expected any other 'special' releases this month. Now this collection isn't so much my style but there are a couple of pieces that I think I can make work for me - so I'm not leaving the store empty-handed, and it sure helped to fill up my Gift-O-Meter bar. You guys seemed to quite enjoy the collection however so there are features to share from this release too, just not a full review.
First up with the features is ayselevi who styles up a number of the pieces, the Corset BodysuitTwo Stella BagsBlack Belt and the Off White Inspired Earrings - it's a lot, but I think they all come together very nicely here in this mountain-ready look, I'm getting all the ski vibes from this one! The print of the leggings breaks up all the black in the styling and I think it does that very nicely to highlight all of the different design aspects that the black pieces have. I love the belting design, the bag works very nicely as a piece to hang there, really something different that I hadn't thought of for the piece =)
Next is a styling pro - proenza wearing the Shoulder Coat. This is a piece I couldn't imagine how to style upon seeing it in the store, the flowing design looked quite tricky to work with - in this styling it looks effortless! This look is perfect Winter glamour, the texture on the coat is really highlighted in the outfit, and I love the sparkling addition of this top with it. The trousers are a perfect neutral, while the shoes are genius - the spike design is a great balance for the peaked shoulder design of the coat, I really love it a lot!
And the final feature comes from DIORian, this layering-pro styles up both the Red Dress and Highwaist Skirt to make one very sleek styling. This outfit really sells the dress to me, I love the bold wine colouring, but have been a little one the fence about it, this styling is super convincing. The dress layers beautifully, the ties add some nice detail, whilst the dark bold-shoulder jacket beneath adds a great base to style the piece lower on the body. It really works beautifully^ The white shirt and boots combination make a great base, the light colour really makes to highlight the other pieces in the look. Accessorising is spot on as always, love the draped necklaces and this adorable Chanel bag =)
I think after spotting these stylings I will need to make some additional purchases at the store! But for now styling up the pieces that first caught my eye in the release. First up are the Silver Boots High - I think one can never have too many awesome pairs of high boots in their wardrobe, and silver?! Something that will be stand-out forever. I found these super easy to work with, I had a lot of options to choose from, and decided that this snake-print skirt was something a little different, the two make a good match but also the boots still stand out. I kept the rest of the look with plain black and that works well highlighting the print and silver combination - I really love this one! Next up is the Corset Bodysuit, this sort of design is similar to some pieces we've had before and I've sometimes had regrets about not trying them out, so I'm not missing out this time^ I really loved the idea of white on the bottom with this to make the corset detail stand out, I had plenty of choice but loved this pencil midi in particular, adding the boots balances the colours well. Kept it simple with black and white accessories to complete - again, I really love this look =D And the final piece, the Two Stella Bags which is the only bag choice in this release. This is a design I really like, I love the two together, the round design and the black and brown colour combination - the piece really ticks a lot of boxes and the design/style is something new for the Plaza, I'd take more of this for sure. I stuck with the brown and black in my styling and am so pleased with the outcome, this shirt and trouser set really work well with the brown on the strap, and the black of the bag is really highlighted well. I struggled to get a jacket/coat to fit the look well so that the bag wasn't hidden, this short one just about works and I love the matte texture to it in the look which I continued with in the boot choice. Again, I love this look - this set of 3 really is one of my favourites, they all work very nicely together and despite not loving the collection as a whole I think I've done quite well from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment