f

Monday 13 December 2021

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Revisited 36-37

Time to revisit more LE! This time I'm looking to the 36th and 37th collections which came out in 2018 - I will disclaim that these two don't pair together well at all, but I needed to include LE36 with another collection as it was a tiny release of 1 floor and a handful of pieces. I only have 1 thing from this release but it's something I really like so wanted to make sure I could show it too. LE37 is definitely a favourite of mine, so much Chanel inspiration and it's a collection that I have quite a number of pieces from - I had more but have sold some of the shoes as I think I went overboard at the release and bought them all, but I think there's a piece or two that I'd love to try out. On to the looks:
First up is the Marant Inspired Cropped Blouse (36th Collection), the only piece I have from this collection. I do think it's a super cute piece, but it's definitely not the easiest to style for me. I struggle with cropped pieces a lot and this is definitely one of those, plus the colours are not the easiest to work with - I love the green a lot, but I don't have too many pieces to match with it. Having said that I'm quite happy with this look, the print on the piece has reds, pinks and beige tones, so I opted for a beige trouser and I think the two work ok together - I really didn't want to wear a coat or jacket with this as it would really have covered a lot of the cute details, I love the ruffle trim to the sleeves and hem. For accessories I picked my best greens to match, this bag is a surprisingly good fit, I'd completely forgotten I had it, but am so glad that I do as I really like it with the top. The shoes do, but could be a better colour match. Overall not too bad, but I think there's much more potential for this piece. Next up is the Cozy Pattern Sweater (37th Collection) which I think is such a lovely fancy sweater, but is something I've really never worn. I think that's down to me really wanting to wear coats in the Winter season, but this piece really should be a focal point and not hidden under something else with all of those details - the pattern is nice and the sleeves are standout. I really love this look for it, super simple but I think quite stylish. I love the velvet texture of the trousers with the texture of the sweater, and I highlighted the beige of the pattern with the accessories, which finishes the look nicely, I really like how it's worked out and I definitely need to make more effort with this piece again in the future!
Next up is a set styled separately - I love these two pieces, but they're quite fancy so not so much in my 'everyday' regular clothing items that I reach for a lot. First is the Chanel Inspired Jacket (37th Collection) which has so many details, I love all of those trims on it, the beautiful collar and the split sleeve design, all so great! The white/cream trim gives the perfect opportunity for pairing other pieces, and I love these flowing wide leg trousers with the jacket, the colours and styles fit together nicely - in fact I'm surprised I haven't worn this pairing before. For accessories I started with these glam shoes, I love the nude colour with the little sparkling brooch addition and had to continue that silver theme with the clutch and glasses. I think it's lacking something, I didn't have the perfect pair of earrings for this one but I think they'd be a nice touch. And then there is the matching Chanel Inspired Skirt (37th Collection) which again is such a beautiful piece. I have styled this a couple of times, so more than the jacket, I certainly find it easy to style outside of being worn with it's partner. I love these sheeny boots with the skirt so much, the colours and vibes are perfect. I kept it super simple with matching coat and top, but for the accessories I tried something different, there are little blue touches in the tweed design so I decided to try that out for the accessories - the bag and glasses are a good fit together and I think they don't look too bad at all in this outfit! A surprise to me, but a pleasant one of course - I think I would definitely try something like this again =)
For a pair of darker looks now, first up the Armani Inspired Embroidered Jacket (37th Collection) which is just one of my favourite LE pieces of all time, I love this a lot and have styled it quite a few times. I decided to try something different this time, I don't think it's quite worked out how I imagined it, but I'm still glad I tried it. I really like this skirt, but I don't think it's a great choice for this piece, the black is a little too matte against the black of the design on the jacket. I do love these boots with the jacket, they really work well with this LE collection as a whole. You win some, you lose some - this combination isn't a winner! Moving swiftly on to the Silver String Midi Skirt (37th Collection) which despite being quite a glamorous piece, it's one I've worn quite a few times. In my stylings with it I do think they're all quite similar so I tried out a different top here, I love this open neck one, I think it looks great on its own and with this skirt. The silver belt works well between the two and helps to add a bit of a waist to the look, it also balances the silver well with the addition of these fun hooped earrings in the top half of the styling. I stuck with simple shoes, but so many pairs would work well with this skirt. I'm super pleased with this styling =)
And for the final two stylings, back to light colours. On the left are the Ecru Ankle Boots (37th Collection) which I've really not worn much, I think this style is something quite basic, and you can't go wrong with a pair of white booties so they're always handy to have around. I really love this outfit a lot - these trousers work well with colour and style, I love the matching roll of the hem with the roll on the boots. I kept the jacket the same colour but played with brights in this bag and the top, any colour could work well here but I was feeling the Autumn vibes when putting this together; I really love it a lot! And the final piece, probably my most worn item ever, the Satin Shimmer Trousers (37th Collection) which I'm sure you're all familiar with as I style them all the time! They're very much my go-to piece for so many outfits, they've really been a great item to have. I tried to go for something a little different with them, I love them matching the base colour of this coat, the two are perfect together and the coat brings in some great extra detail with the coloured sleeve - I used the black line details to add to the look, the basic black top keeps the focus in the right place and I love these simple shoes and bag, they go with so many styles and pieces, alike the trousers they're also classics. For sure this is a look I would repeat in the future^

No comments:

Post a Comment