f

Thursday 30 December 2021

M U S E U M M I L E O F F - W H I T E T R I B U T E | Tribute Review

I'm so glad that the Winter Tribute season has arrived! First up we have a release into the Museum Mile store, which has become a bit of a tradition - these releases do hang around longer than the typical Tributes, so you'll be able to pick up pieces from this Off-White Tribute for some time to come =) This is a perfect place for a new Off-White release and very fitting to be the first Tribute of the season to the late Virgil Abloh. Let's get into the store:
This release is 2 floors with 6 female and 2 male mannequins across them, I think it's a nice balance and an alright number of pieces for a Tribute release. For the purposes of this review and that I have a female doll, my focus is on these pieces. The release is based on the Resort2021 and AW2021 collection - these both have so many great pieces that I would have loved for my doll, so I would take another Off-White release based on these if it was on offer! First up looking at the accessories, there are quite a lot on offer in the store. There are 5 pairs of shoes which is split between heels and boots - I really quite like the mix that's on offer. I picked up both pairs of heels, the OffWhite Inspired Sandals which are the black lower heel shoe are such a classic design and I think will be great in Spring/Summer look, and the OffWhite Inspired Bow Sandals are just adorable, love that bow detail and the white colour works well for my style - again these will be great in Spring/Summer. Of the boots I've just picked up one pair so far, the OffWhite Inspired Blue Boots because I think these are just fabulous, you can't miss them at all! The colour sold them to me, but the design of them is also very nice, I love the sheen and the loose fit around the leg is quite perfect and fitting for current trends. I'm also quite tempted by the OffWhite Inspired Black Boots, the slightly chunky design isn't usually my thing, but these only have that thick platform heel and are quite fitted on the foot and ankle. Plus I also very much like that sheen! So I think I might pick these up to give them a try too. There are 4 bags in the release, I haven't bought any of these yet but there are two which are tempting me. I love the look of the OffWhite Inspired Blue Bag - who doesn't need a fluffy blue bag in their wardrobe?! This piece is super fun and I think it will look great in the right outfit, think I just need to see it styled on a few dolls to have me convinced! Then also the OffWhite Inspired Black Handbag which has such a classic design and style to it, really a timeless piece that looks great - I'm just wondering if I need yet another black bag. There are some other accessories in this release, the jewellery pieces are really very nice - I love the OffWhite Inspired Chain Earrings which are a nice chunky gold pair and you can also get the matching OffWhite Inspired Chain Necklace, and the OffWhite Inspired Blue Earrings are pretty stand out!
And for the clothing - again I think it's pretty good! I haven't picked up too many pieces yet, but after seeing a couple of the features below I think I will be making some more purchases. Starting with my favourite pieces of the release, the OffWhite Inspired Blazer and Skirt set, this caught my eye immediately - it's completely up my street in terms of style and colour and I think it looks great on the doll. The pieces also seem very versatile so will work well as separates too. Also as a very cute set are the OffWhite Inspired Checkered Blazer and Skirt, again these will work well together and as separates, my only hesitation with this set is the low slung style of the Skirt, it's designed to sit on the hips which isn't my preference, but with resizing I think it could still work out nicely. The checked pattern is really nice and the Blazer design is fab, it looks so good on the doll so I'm quite excited to work with this one. The OffWhite Sequin Jumpsuit isn't so much something I would wear but it's quite a cute piece, I thought it looked pretty cosy and could make a nice Winter layering piece. I love the smokey-style printing on the OffWhite Inspired Shorts and OffWhite Inspired Dress, it's so pretty especially with the pink - but I'm going to pass on these pieces because when I first saw the Dress I thought it was a top and skirt together, and as separates this was perfect for me, so I'm a bit disappointed there. But never mind, there's still some fabulous pieces to be had in this release!

T S L T O P T H R E E
OffWhite Inspired Bow Sandals | OffWhite Inspired Blazer | OffWhite Inspired Blue Boots
These really were the first pieces that caught my eye in the store, and were the first ones I wanted to style when working with the pieces. These have beautiful designs and I think will be pretty good for year-round stylings for a long time to come!

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features is Tangera styling the OffWhite Inspired Blazer and matching Skirt - super cute and super smart styling^ I love the addition of the belt, it looks great against the white of the blazer and I think it pops nicely, adding to the look but not distracting from the pieces. The shoes and bag are both very fitting for the style, but I particularly love the floral brooch and tulle scarf, so adorable and great style-fit for the new pieces!
Next up is Proenza wearing the OffWhite Inspired Shorts and the OffWhite Inspired Black Boots making for a very cool dressed up street style look. The boots look particularly awesome in this styling, I love them with the socks and the shorts are a perfect length to go with this pairing. The meshed top is a nice balance with the socks, as is the leather jacket against the boots, I love the oversizing of it, and it looks great with the mesh top. Love the hair and beauty look too, perfect finishing touch for the outfit =)
This feature comes from Mia1435 styling the OffWhite Inspired Checkered Blazer and Skirt set which is really kind of tempting me to pick up this co-ord! This is such a cute outfit, I love the detailed mesh pattern of the tights, it's fun against that of the clothing. And the dot cut out top looks fab, again adding to the details. The boots are a little balance to this with their studded details. The accessories are so cute, love the belting and also the jewellery^
And the final feature for this post is from DieForDIOR who styles up the OffWhite Inspired Minidress and OffWhite Inspired Blue Boots - this look is a lot brighter and lighter than the others, so it really does stand out! The dress layers very nicely with the white shirt ontop, the off the shoulder design works perfectly and the dress peaks out well. Love the white tights too, all makes for a perfect background for these blue pieces to really pop - the boots look amazing and I love the bag with its added pearl chains, so creative!

S T Y L I N G S
Now for my own stylings - I bought quite a number of pieces and so have paired items together where I could. First up the OffWhite Inspired Skirt and OffWhite Inspired Sandals, these look good together and actually the skirt would look good with any of the shoes I got in this release. I thought this printed blazer would work nicely to tie the pieces together, I think it's a pretty nice piece with both of these new items. I'm lacking the perfect necklace to fill the neckline of the blazer, but otherwise sticking with simple black accessories works nicely for this look. Next up are the OffWhite Inspired Bow Sandals, these looked good with many different clothing items that I tried out so I'm looking forward to using them again already! I loved them with this belted skirt, the colour of the shoes and belt are a perfect match. Again kept it super simple, the black base is great to pop the white colour in the look. So so simple, but so effective, I really love this one^ And finally pairing the OffWhite Inspired Blazer and OffWhite Inspired Blue Boots which were such fun pieces to style. These trousers are a great fit for the blazer in terms of both colour and style, which I'm super pleased with as they are on of my favourite pieces. The boots gave the perfect reason for more blue in the accessories, this bag is a fab and fun piece to add, it looks great with the boots, and this necklace is a great piece to fill the neckline well. This is a smart-glamour styling, something a little different for me but I really love the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment