f

Tuesday 30 April 2019

A P R I L 2019 | Hotbuys Review

Wow this has come around quickly - here are the April 2019 HB's! The month has gone past super quickly and now we've had all of these bright pieces. I love orange, so was immediately drawn to these items but wasn't so sure about the other items - I'd say it's a mixed bag of HB's, lets see how everything fares!

F I R S T I M P R E S S I O N S
Yellow Shoulder Bag - This is such a sweet piece! I'm a huge fan of yellow, so this was immediately purchased and I love it^ It's a small shoulder bag and the design means it does kind of have to be worn like that, which I don't mind as it works well for me like that. I love the chain detail and the sweet detailed V on the front, a perfect new piece for the Spring and Summer seasons for sure! It Girls 22SD's
Versace Inspired Pumps - Another super cute accessory, these heels are gorgeous! The colour is a beautiful red/orange, it's not something we have a lot of so I think it really stands out. The golden sparkly detailing on the front is so pretty, I think it pops nicely. Love the thin stiletto heel an the pointed toe - I'm so excited to use these =) Pretty 'N Love 23SD's
Versace Inspired Stockings - So I knew from the get-go that these stockings wouldn't be for me, they're just not an item I really wear very much and the colour is pretty bold. I like the lace trimming at the top, it's definitely cute, but the turquoise (for me at least) makes them even less wearable, so it's a 'no' for this one. Velvet Orchid 15SD's
Versace Inspired Shorts - These are very much like the stockings for me, the same tight idea, and while I love pink, this shade is a touch too much for me for a piece like this. Again, love the lace trim, I think it could work in a very nice layered style, but for the cost, it's not worth it for me. I do also like the waistband though^ Original Future 17SD's
Embellished Mini - I'm quite undecided about this piece, on the whole I think it looks great, love the style of the wrapped design, the long sleeves, the little cutout section up top, and those jewel details are beautiful - but when I put it on my doll I just don't find it a flattering piece. I even don't mind the colour, it's quite fun for the piece, but I just find my doll looks larger at the chest and shoulder region which I'm finding off putting. I do think I could be swayed seeing the right styling with it though! Rio 27SD's
Versace Inspired Bag - Definitely a solid favourite of this months HB's! This is an amazing bag and I am delighted with it, and so are quite a few of you as I've seen it styled so many times. The size is perfect for a handheld piece, it's not too big or small. I love the hanging strap for sure, and again it's got great jewel detailing on the V on the front. Such a winning piece that I know will last =D Bizou 25SD's
Strap Orange Bra - Ok so on it's own, I'm not 100% on this one, but layered up I could go for it. The colour, for one, is amazing, it's perfect for what I like and what current trends are. For me it's all the strap pieces that I don't like, but that's completely personal preference, it will work well for some of your styles. However it is quite pricey for what it is, a factor which I think may stop some people from purchasing. Fallen Angel 25SD's
Silky Orange Sweater - So much love for this sweater, exactly my style - it's a stunning colour and a polo is a perfect and easy piece to style. It's got a great fit on the doll too. It does seem more like an Autumnal piece, but we're managing to get wear out of it now too, I look forward to seeing all the looks we come up with in the Autumn for this! Bizou 19SD's
Versace Inspired Shoes - Yet another pair of great shoes^ These are a little more simple, but I love them just as much as the first pair. Of course, the colour matches the above pieces perfectly, so naturally I love it, and there's even gold detailing, an extra bonus! The pointed toe is very nice and I really like the overall shape and styling of this piece, they look great on =) It Girls 22SD's
Duchess Satin Skirt - And the final piece, ending on a high I think, this skirt is awesome! Again the colour matches these other items, but the design on it is amazing. I'm so glad we have this piece^ The layering is fab and the golden chain looks great. The design of the piece is very current, and from my WEARING and PLAZA PICKS posts this month, this fits right in with my current style vibes, so glad to have this! Velvet Orchid 23SD's


F E A T U R E S
First up we have anaritamiranda styling up the Yellow Shoulder Bag in this cute look with it standing out beautifully against the black and white base. The bag looks super smart with the white shirt, the cycle shorts add a casual touch, and I love the use of the layers of belts, those are fab!
LakostaS does a great job with the Versace Inspired Stockings, in fact the colour match with this bag could be almost enough to change my mind^ The colour works well with the other blue tones featured in the styling, and the leg on show is minimal by good use of layering, they definitely look cool in this look!
Next up we have Velve styling the Embellished Mini which I think is looking really good - I think the long hair covering one side of the shoulder and chest really works to the dresses advantage because the dress looks great here^ Love the lengthening of the dress but this tulle skirting, such a fun idea, and the matching green heels, those look fab =D
There are two pieces styled in this look from RiManiKordenty, both the Versace Inspired Bag and the Strap Orange Bra in an all orange styling. This dress is a great combination with both pieces! The strapping on the top work well adding detail and I love the addition of the gold jewellery too^
And the final feature, Jacquemus wearing the Silky Orange Sweater which is looking stunning worn as a cropped piece - what a cool idea! It works so well like that and I think a lot of people will be on board with this for Summer looks. The colour is great with these brown trousers, which I'm over the moon about, I'll definitely want to pair them in Autumn, a great job with this one!

S T Y L I N G S
And now for the Guest Writer looks, which are all about those colours! So much fun^ Miloshki is all about the prints, layering up the Strap Orange Bra with this fun dress, the design of which is perfect to highlight the top which I love. Those perspex accessories are also super fun. AurdreyHepburn. styles the Versace Inspired Bag which pops against the black. This top is a great piece with the fun colours to match the bag well^ Also with a few florals, vogue_veronica wears the Versace Inspired Pumps which are such a perfect colour match to these trousers, so great! The touches of other colours are great too, especially this fringed coat, it's a great piece with the shoes. And finally cinderela23barb wearing the Silky Orange Sweater which looks great with the white, it really stands out. I particularly love the brown accessories with it, the belting and this bag both look fantastic with the colour =)
And for my looks now! First up the Versace Inspired Pumps in a look which I actually had originally styled with the Versace Inspired Shoes then realised the Pumps worked so much better with the colour, the peachy red tone of the skirting is just right for the shoes! I stayed in a Summer type of styling with this cami, I definitely think the black works well and isn't too bold. Love the touch of bright with the bag I've added, it's super cute^ Secondly I've really piled a lot in - the Silky Orange SweaterVersace Inspired Bag and the Versace Inspired Shoes, but hey, they all look great together. This skirt is a good balance for the pieces, it contains a little orange, enough to make it fit, while it is still light and the design really makes it an interesting piece with detail. Really love this look! And finally the Yellow Shoulder Bag, again really loving this look, the yellow based tulle skirting was perfect for this one and I think the bag does well to stand out against the skirting. The white base was perfect for it, but I think a darker black base would also look great with this styling =)

No comments:

Post a Comment