f

Sunday 18 November 2018

L E S K I R T S | Save or Sell

I really liked looking through my LE trousers for last months SAVE OR SELL post, so this month some more LE - the skirts! I have a complete love-hate relationship with skirts, I like to think I wear them but I really don't do so often. And it's worse with LE skirts as they're that little bit more expensive that from regular stores and they're usually something a little bit special or styled a little more trendily too. So lets see how I get on with some of the pieces I've hoarded in my wardrobe =)

F A U X P O N Y H A I R S K I R T
So first up this pretty old piece, the Faux Ponyhair Skirt from the February 2015 release, and it's a pretty formal basic skirt. The length is something I've always found awkward in stylings, being above the knee, but not mini, which is why I think I've avoided it. I like it with these boots, and actually I'm really happy with this styling, but every piece I tried with it looked very similar, there were a lot of dark colours involved! I think this piece might get some more love in another home, so it's a S E L L for this one^

L A Y E R E D P L I S S E S K I R T & G R A P H I C S K I R T
A pairing of two skirts this time, the two of colour in this post. Firstly the Layered Plisse Skirt which came out not too long ago in March 2017 and also came with a matching top (as styled in this look) - I just find when styling separately that the top is much easier to work with that the skirt, again it's got a bit of an odd length and sit on the hips to style with tops and shirts - for sure it's likely easier as a summer piece, but I didn't wear it this summer, so I think it's unlikely I'd wear it next summer. I do like this styling a lot, but it was a struggle to put something together. The Graphic Skirt is even newer, it just came out this Summer, but it's a piece I've styled once and never felt the inclination to do so again! I'm not sure if it's, again, the odd length, or if it's the selection of colours on the piece, they're not so typical for me, and I struggle to pick out one to focus on. I love the skirt with these boots, but never seen to have anything else to style it with after that! So both of these pieces will be a S E L L I think.

M A X M A R A I N S P I R E D R I B B O N S K I R T
The final piece, the Max Mara Inspired Ribbon Skirt is also from this year, but the Spring release - it's something I wasn't completely sold on at the time but thought I'd give it a try, and I really haven't done that so far! I styled it up once at purchase and then haven't since! I did manage to come up with a couple of options for this skirt, and I do quite like these looks I've picked to show you, but there was a lot of similarity in the colour palates and tones I was using, this piece isn't as versatile for me as I'd hoped or that I'd want. It's another that I think someone else will really love when I S E L L it in my bazaar =)

No comments:

Post a Comment