f

Saturday 2 December 2017

S U B C O U T U R E | Release Review

Yesterday brought us brand new Subcouture, it definitely came as a surprise, but generally I always find some good pieces so I'm naturally excited for this! The homepage add looks decent, it shows a range of styles and colours - I think it sells the store reasonably well =)
Highlights So the store does seem a little more limited than I expected in terms of the styles it offers and also in terms of how much is there, although it's pretty similar in terms of numbers of pieces to the previous releases. There is a range of styles, but it's not covering all of them, so I do think some people might struggle to find something that works for them!
Accessories I was disappointed with the very small number of accessories, it's really small, there are just 4 pieces! So that was a bit of a let down as the accessories in the past have generally been good. There are two pairs of shoes, the Felt Pen Pumps and White Studded Booties which I think are pretty good, although I have a huge preference for the boots, they are just amazing! I love the style of them, it's perfect for what I'm into right now, the colour is just right, they look good on the doll, what's not to love! There's just one bag, the Hot Pink Crossbodybag, which is inspired by a Marc Jacobs piece (hint to Stardoll, I'll take more where that came from please^^) - I'm glad I really like this piece! The colour is cool and vibrant, and I like the style difference between the body of the bag and the strap. It also sits nicely on the doll. The final accessory is the pair of Marble Cat Eye Glasses which look very cool and current, and look good in the store, but when I try them on I find they don't suit my doll at all! She just looks odd!
Clothing And the clothing, which is the focus of the collection. I do get quite the street vibe from this collection, with a little bit of glamour added in some of the dress pieces. I have to say it's not my favourite selection of clothing, but it's also not the worst that there's been. Dresses and skirts comprise most of the collection, and they're pretty smart and dressy really! There are 3 smart dresses, and they really fit that category to a T, the Mesh Floral Aplique Dress, which has an over the knee length, inserts and then a sheer top and skirting with some very pretty floral embroidery, which looks beautiful but I don't work well with sheer pieces like that, then the Lilly Of The Valley Dress, which has an Asian feel to it, made of beautiful navy silk with a pretty off shoulder sleeve design and a great fit as well as a fab floral pattern on it, and lastly the Ribbed Slit Dress which is the most minimal piece, in navy with straps and two large slits up the legs, I really quite like the idea of this piece, but I know it's one I wouldn't get the wear out of. And then there's a casual dress, the Bows For You Knit Dress, which is actually pretty adorable and I like it and I like the colour, but I know for a fact I wouldn't wear it much ... I wanna see someone wear it though, and if you wear it really well it might convince me to buy it! Then skirts of which there are two, a knee length option in the Love Subcouture Skirt, which I've actually seen a few people wearing, however I know it's not for me because of the length, I think it could look a little awkward styled in the wrong way, and then the maxi option in the Tuille Spotted Skirt which is really very glamorous in black with the netting and the sparkle that it looks like it has, my issue with this is that it's just that little bit too long and billowy for my doll! I want it in midi - sure I could resize, but I think I'll need some good convincing over the next few hours to make the purchase =) While on the top of bottomhalves, we'll quickly talk about the other one you can buy, the Paint Splash Denim, which are a light boyfriend style denim jean with swirls of pastel paint on them. I'm not a fan, and I've not seen anyone wear them yet. There's just one piece of outerwear too, but it's fantastic, the Sunny Biker Jacket, which is a leather over-the-shoulder jacket in such a bright yellow-golden tone, just dreamy perfection! This is easily going to be the most popular piece from the collection and I can see it being worn for many seasons to come, even though it's not the most seasonal right now. And lastly the tops - there are 7 of them to choose from in a mix of styles and colours. There's the Off The Shoulder Top in Black and also Rose, these pieces are ok, and I can see a lot of people using them as wardrobe basics, but they're not really too much for me. There are two pieces with sheer to them, the Rose Mesh Top, which I'm not a fan of, then the Pouf Pouf Blouse which just has sheer shoulders which are puffed out, and this is a piece I'm undecided about. I quite like it, I think the style is nice as is the design, but I'm unsure on how I would wear it. Another piece I'm still undecided about is the Oh My What Frills Top (I just love that name!), which I think is great in style and colour, but it would also be best in spring and summer and I know it might be easily forgotten by the time they come around ... help me decide! Then there's a Glitter Bustier, something I find myself overlooking easily, I think if it was more of a top than specifically a bustier it might do better. The final top is a sweater, the Rolled Up Subcouture Sweatshirt, which I think is quite fun, and I'm quite tempted. It'll layer quite nicely, and I think with a little work it'll style into non-super-casual looks quite well =)
Prices This release ranges from 16 to 43SD's, and most pieces are well priced within that range for what the piece is. Nothing is limited in terms of number, just in terms of time, you have until midnight on Sunday 3rd to get what you want from the store! And there is just one piece that is SS only, so the majority of the store is available to everyone =)
Styled Outfits So far I've been very minimal in my purchases from this release. First up the White Studded Booties which I think I'll be able to style in a hundred ways they were that easy! I love them with this checked blazer, the two work well in colour, and so I kept up the print with the snake-style bag that I chose, and I thnik it works well with the black handle being quite prominent. And I kept it a little casual with the jeans, I really it =D And secondly the Sunny Biker Jacket which I did my best to style in some sort of a winter way, I think it was reasonably successful as I love the tone against that of this sweater. Not sure the culottes work that well with it, but nevermind, because I think I did manage to accessorise reasonably well too^ And finally the Hot Pink Crossbodybag, which is in a 'typical me' look with this pink coat and these white jeans, but look, it fits into my wardrobe and my style perfectly! I did try with a range of different pink pieces, but I did actually find the pink of the bag quite hard to get an exact match with in terms of shoes, nothing was perfect, but I think I just need to do a little more searching. Anyway, still loved styling this bag, and I think it's a really good addition to my bag collection =)
Features So many looks to choose from for the features, so there is quite the range! First up is belindaSempre wearing the White Studded Booties and the Subcouture Mens Tshirt which looks pretty good on a female doll! I like the tee with this draping jacket, I think they look really good together and the look really sells me this shirt^ The jeans are a great choice for both pieces, and the boots look fantastic there =D
Next we have a couple of looks with the Sunny Biker Jacket, both are pretty classic styles but also pretty cool - firstly France25 going with black and white and embracing the biker theme with the cool use of extra chains and jewellery, I really like it and it fits well with the piece. These culottes look great with the jacket, much better than my choice!
And then also with the Sunny Biker Jacket but from Mabepa, going for an all white styling, totally my thing^ I love these wide leg trousers with the jacket and I think the more classic feel of the clothes brings the jacket a little away from the biker theme which is nice to see working too. Absolutely adore the Fendi belt with the look, this is totally 'me' as well! The blue accessories are beautiful and stand out really well in the styling =)
Next up wearing the Lilly Of The Valley Dress is Marta-43, and this dress does all it needs to on its own! This shows off just how well the dress fits and looks on the doll, and it does include the back piece for the dress as well. I love the accessories with this one, the fringed earrings look fab and I like the minimal shoes along with the up-do chosen for the hair, very classic =)
And finally beyzaasde wearing the Off The Shoulder Top in this dark look. I think the top does stand out with this look, the off-shoulder jacket helps well with that. The red skirt looks good and also stands out in the look. The accessories look good too, and I really like the use of the dangling sparkling earrings to take your eye to the top of the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment