f

Tuesday 20 July 2021

M U S E U M M I L E M I U M I U T R I B U T E | Tribute Review

Not gonna lie, I was getting a tad worried about Tribute season happening this summer, but it's here! And starting off with a bang (and in the classic way now in Museum Mile) with a brand new designer for us - Miu Miu! I absolutely love having new brands included in the 'Tribute family', it's the best, and I'm stoked that it's Miu Miu as the designs are usually stand out and recognisable - let's get in and see what it's all about:
The retro vibes that Miu Miu has won't suit everyone, and whilst all of the styles in the store aren't so much to my taste, I have to say I really love this collection as a whole - I think it gets the Tribute season off to a great start! This release is based on the SS21 Miu Miu collection which is a great collection overall and you should check out if you have some time. There is just one floor to this release with 6 looks to choose from. Starting with the accessories, these were what drew my eyes across the whole collection - I love the mix of designs and colours available which will suit a lot of different people. There are 3 pairs of shoes, all in a mule style which I just love so much. I've bought 2 of the pairs (so far), the Miu Miu Sandals Silver, which actually look very baby blue and pink to me, but I thought were so cute for Spring/Summer and I love the low heel design, and then I also got the Miu Miu Inspired Sandals which are the classic mule style in a dusty pink with a criss-cross jewel pattern across the front, again loved the chunky heel design on these and while they're quite simple they'll look great with quite a few of my favourite pink pieces so I had to have them! There are also the Miu Miu Red Sandals, I'm a little tempted by these as the shape of these is really interesting, I'm just not 100% sure I'd actually wear them yet. With the bags, there are 4 choices for us and they really bring in some of the classic Miu Miu design features that are very recognisable as Miu Miu. I've picked up 2 so far, but I'm still tempted by the Miu Miu Blue Clutch, the royal blue colour is beautiful, but how the doll holds it looks a bit odd to me. The pieces I did buy were the Miu Miu Black Bag and the Miu Miu Inspired Bag Rose - these are just such classic designs^ The patent black looks amazing on this dinky structured piece and I adore the silver jewel design on the front. I knew I loved it already as there have been both a Hotbuy and an LE piece a few years back in a similar design and I adore those, so adding another piece to my little collection is great =) The ruffled/gathered design of the pink is stunning, I'm not sure I remember having a piece like this in the Plaza before, so I'm quite excited to try out this amazing design - the colour is also great, it's one I know I'll wear, so that's also a great bonus for me! There are also a couple of other pieces in the accessory category, the Miu Miu Pearls Sunglasses which are pretty cute and in a retro rectangular design, plus the pink colour is super cute; there are also 2 pairs of earrings, the Miu Miu Pearls Earrings which I think look beautiful close up but the design really gets lost on the mannequin and viewing not zoomed in, and also the Miu Miu Plexy Earring which are quite unique and I really like them for that, love the detailed design on the long chain, but again that gets a little lost - so I'm still thinking about whether to purchase these or not!
Now for the clothing, which at first I was very 'mixed bag' about, but after some reflection I think it's better than my original impression =) The sport-style pieces aren't so much my thing, and I'm not the biggest fan of little shorts/miniskirts like the ones in the store, I do love the colour of the Miu Miu Knit Shorts Turquoise and the intricate jewelled design on the Miu Miu Pink Skirt, but I know I wouldn't wear them so it's a 'pass' from me this time. So far I've actually just bought one clothing piece, that is the Miu Miu Inspired Satin Coat which is such a beautiful piece, the pattern and fabric is just so delicate and elegant, it's stunning on the doll! I think it will make for a perfect Spring piece. There are also 2 very nice dresses in the store, the adorable Miu Miu Yellow Ribbon Dress which is another classic-design piece from the brand, and one that I think it super lasting in style. The baby blue, yellow and gold are perfect together, it's a great piece, but something I know I wouldn't wear often at all. And also the Miu Miu Inspired Chiffon Dress, which really isn't my style at all, but there's something about it which I like - the colours are great, love the mix of red with pink especially, but again it's something I know I wouldn't get the wear out of. I lastly want to mention the tops in the store, because I'm really considering making a purchase from this selection. Firstly is the Miu Miu Buckle Top which is a great Summer style with the red and white stripe design. I think it's quite a smart looking piece with the fitted design and the cute collar and I like the trim of the slimmer stripes at the sleeve cuffs and the hem. Plus with the buttons, it really comes across as a short sleeved cardigan, which is something I could get on board with, so I'm really considering getting this piece^ Then lastly are the Miu Miu Voile Top and Miu Miu Voile Top Yellow which are a cute pair of pieces, but I'm really on the fence about. I like the idea of the gold detailed collar, but I think there's something about the yellow-ness of the gold that's putting me off. The puff sleeves and design down the front of the pink one are both very cute and I'd love the give that a go - so I'm a little tempted there, I think I need to see someone else styling it first for me to make up my mind =D

T S L T O P T H R E E
Miu Miu Black Bag | Miu Miu Sandals Silver | Miu Miu Inspired Bag Rose
It just had to be accessories that won the top picks really, they're just too good! These are pieces that I'm really pleased to have in my wardrobe and that I'm so excited to style up and share those looks with you =)

F E A T U R E S
First in the features is GirlEwelina styling the Miu Miu Yellow Ribbon Dress and looking super cute and ready for Summer^ I love the addition of these white sleeves, it makes the dress have an 'everyday' factor to it and seems easier to style now. I also love the minimal yet fitting accessory choices, these blue heels are just perfect for the colour of the skirting, and the little yellow bag is the perfect balancing finishing touch =)
Next up is Proenza styling the Miu Miu Pearls Sunglasses, Miu Miu Plexy EarringsMiu Miu Inspired Sandals and Miu Miu Pink Bag - these pieces are fabulous together^ The dusty colour of the pink looks great with this beaded bralette and then all together they work well to pair with the bold pink of the blazer, I really love it, I think it works perfectly! The neutral trousers are a good choice to balance all the pink. Overall really perfect for showing off the collection^
Looking perfect for Spring is our next styling from kate17Elegante who wears the Miu Miu Pearls Sunglasses, Miu Miu Inspired Satin Coat, Miu Miu Pink Skirt and the Miu Miu Sandals Silver - what a set that looks amazing all together! The satin of the coat is perfect with the pink outfit underneath, the two are very complementary to each other and the jewelled detail on the skirt is carried throughout the look with the accessories. I particularly love the green sparkly tights added, so perfect to pair in with the detailed pattern on the shoulders of the coat, so much love for that detail in the look!
And the final feature to share is from aby400 who styles up the Miu Miu Inspired Chiffon Dress and does a great job at trying to convince me to buy it - I love this outfit so much! The simple style is perfect to highlight all of the design-aspects of the piece, I love the use of the turquoise bag, the colour is perfect with the top of the dress, and the beautiful red shoes (also Miu Miu inspired, and I have regrets that I used to have these but sold them!) are a great balance with the trim on the ruffle of the dress along with the earrings. Plus those delicate fishnet tights are great against the sheer sheen of the skirt - so much love for this look, it's a winner =D

S T Y L I N G S
And lastly for my stylings! First up is the Miu Miu Black Bag which is for sure my favourite piece from the release. I didn't have any solid ideas for this one when I started styling, but searched in my wardrobe for other Miu Miu pieces and when these fabulous trousers came up, the idea formed immediately! I don't mind blues with black, so I think this outfit works out pretty nicely particularly as the blue is very dark. I love these patent heels with the look, they're a great match for the bag and I know I'll repeat this combination for sure. Finished with my favourite sunglasses and a few silver-based accessories in the belt and earrings, I really love it all! Next up is the Miu Miu Inspired Satin Coat which I think was the most difficult piece to style in terms of finding items to work well with it - I did find it quite limiting. But I'm pretty pleased with the look in the end, I think this white skirt and the pale pink silk top look nice together and suit the style and colours of the coat. I focused on the pinks with my accessories, and I think these shoes are perfection with the coat, but a bag was incredibly difficult to decide on. I really wanted to wear some green with the coat to highlight the details on the shoulders, but I really have nothing in that shade to include, so that's for another time! And lastly are the Miu Miu Sandals Silver, and these actually gave me the hardest time for styling - I wouldn't say they were difficult, but I kept finding a piece or set of pieces that I liked with the shoes but could never find other perfect pieces to complete the look. But I'm pretty happy with this styling in the end, I particularly love these trousers with the shoes, I think they're such a good pairing! I really like this oversized shirt with this pairing, and the bow detail still gives it an interesting but subtle touch - it's the perfect sort of piece to help try and stay cool in the hot Summer! Accessories were another palavor of trail and error, in the end I'm pretty happy with my choices, the purple hues in this bag work very nicely with the greys and really bring a lilac feel to the trousers and sandals, and these silver heart earrings are just so sweet^

1 comment:

  1. WOWWWW love this so much! Thank you for post my outfit! Best Fashion Blog ever! xoxo Kate ♥

    ReplyDelete