f

Monday 5 August 2019

Summer Dresses | S T Y L E D O U T F I T S

When I've been browsing my wardrobe recently, I knew I wanted to do some sort of styling post with Summer dresses, and I found it easy to come up with a theme as pale blue pieces kept coming up and I kept saying 'Oh I need to style that, it's been too long' - and so this post of blue Summer dresses stylings was planned^ I thought it would be fairly easy, I love wearing blue ... well, I love wearing navy shades of blue, turns out I'm not so great with baby blue^ I found this quite tricky, so I think there is a little work still to be done with these pieces =D
First up the PEARLS Powder Blue Pleathed Dress (11SD's) which is such a smart and feminine piece in blue. I like the pleating details, the knee-length skirting, and the trim on the top half with the intricate pearl details. I spent a loooong time with this piece, it was the trickiest of the three - I really tried to incorporate the black bow detail it has but choosing some black accessories but everything was working out too dark and chunky for the piece as a whole. Then I tried pearl accessories, but I didn't quite have something that was perfect, in the end I went with white piece, and I still love the inclusion of this bag with the black trim, it's not to overpowering for the dress. It's not a perfect look, but I'm pretty happy with it for now. Secondly I've styled the Royalty Royalty Big Bow Blue Dress - this one isn't available still, but you might be able to find it in the Bazaar. Again it has a bow detail on the front, but I think I prefer it as it's continued from the dress and it's so contrasting. This piece has a shorter length, and I love the sheer-esque long sleeves, they're such a pretty detail. These tied heels are the perfect blue colour-match for this dress, I had to just go that little bit crazy^ The pink in the shoes gave me my highlight colour for accessories, this bag and the sunglasses are perfect to finish off the style =D And the final piece, maybe cheating a little, it's got black, white and orange too, the Roksanda Inspired Midi Dress from MM Fashion. It's a longer piece, but also sleeveless, and has a striped pattern of colours all across it. I like the fitted bodice with the more full skirting, I think the mix of style, print and colour works really nicely. With the hint of black stripes I knew I wanted to try out black accessories with this one, and that went well! These booties are perfect for a Summer style and it was easy to choose other pieces to add =)

No comments:

Post a Comment