f

Saturday 10 August 2019

S U B C O U T U R E | Release Review

I've been waiting ages for this - we got a brand new Subcouture release yesterday, and it sure lives up to expectations! The advertising is super fun, it shows off some cool pieces on one rather fabulous background of leopard print^
Highlights This release is 2 floors of 10 looks, and while not everything looks great on a leopard print interior, this is a very strong release and I think the collection works well as a whole! There's a lean to more minimal styles of items, which I'm all for as these are the most versatile to work with =)
Accessories For the size of the collection, there are quite a lot of accessory pieces. There are 3 pairs of shoes, all are heels, but in very different designs. The Cream Court Shoes are the most minimal, these are a beige pair of chunky heels which look very versatile, the Graffiti Sandals are a more fun printed pair which are sling back kitten heels, I also love the little square toe on these, and lastly my favourite pair, the Dot Gold Mules which are just beautiful! I love the square toe, the red heels, and the polka dot segment with the golden clasp, they're really something special. I'm not so much a fan of the bags in this release, but I can see the Belt Bag Black will be a real hit! There are also 3 pairs of earrings in the collection, which is pretty good^ Being a fanatic about gold I naturally am drawn to the Gold Loop Earrings, these are super cool with 3 hoops and intricate pearl detailing. Then there are also the Fishbone Earrings which are very much as they are called, and the Lemon Earrings which are a cute mismatched pair, one a lemon and the second a spiral, these look pretty cool! 
Clothing There is a heavy influence of Jacquemus in this release - I have no complaints there, I love the style of these types of clothes^ Starting up with dresses, there are 2 very different ones available, the Slip Dress which is a super minimal white mini, with super slim straps and a slight gathering at one side to give an asymmetrical hem. While I love a minimal piece like this, I don't think it has the best fit compared to the original piece, I think the longer hem side is a little long and it's not quite snug enough on the body. There is also the Feather Dress which is a super interesting piece with a lady lounging in a chair across the front, and also has feathering around the hem - while I'm not sure I would wear it, I do quite like it and that it's a little different, there's definitely a retro vibe to it if that's something you like. Now onto skirts, which really are amazing in this release. There are 3, the Dotted Skirt, which looks very close to a leopard print which is a midi length with a slight hankerchiefing to the hem and also button details down the front and a belted detail around the waist, then the Yellow Ruffle Skirt, which is gathered at one side to show off one leg but also the longer length of one side and I love the neat and minimal ruffling that it has, and finally the Cream Ruffle Skirt which goes all out on the ruffling, and also combines the asymmetric hem vibe that's going on. I really couldn't pick a favourite out of these, they are all great pieces! The collection has so many tops and sweaters, which is awesome for mixing and matching styles. I'll start briefly with the awesome sweater, the Beige Sweater which will be perfect for Autumnal stylings, I love the chunkiness to it and the really thick roll of the neck, plus the half tuck, I'm all about that^ I also want to mention the Blue Blouse, because I really want to love it and wear it but because of the shape of the wide open neckline and the shade of blue, I just think I won't wear it very much at all, so I wanna see you guys styling this one! The pieces are very much split into two. The first category is more a t-shirt style, with the Cream Top which is like a super classy version of a tee with beautiful shaped sleeves and ruching on one side, and then the Marni Inspired Tshirt which is going to be a popular one, it's oversized with a half tuck, a cool print on the front and it's in yellow - so much to love about it^ Then there are some very dressy tops which I really love the vibe of, the Ruffle Blue Top is in a trendy style which is looser on the top and is fitted around the waist, I also love that it's in navy, and then the Dotted Top which is cream with big black dots in a cool wrap style with just a single thin strap across the chest, I love the style it has and I think it's really one that looks awesome on everyone! And finally for what I think might become one of my most worn pieces from the release, the Pink Coat! I love a good pink coat and this one really ticks all the boxes, it's got such a dusted colour, a very nice fit on the doll, and a great overall shape - I'm so excited to have this one =D
Prices This release ranges from 12 to 35SD's, which is about right for Subcouture, and I think everything is priced about rightly for what it is. Nothing is SS/Royalty limited, however the store is time limited - it's only available this weekend, so you have until the end of Sunday (UK time!) to make your purchases!
Features Stylings will come your way soon, but for now, the features! First up Thing039 wearing the Pink Coat and the Cream Court Shoes. I love the casual vibe added to these pieces with the jeans, the blue denim really pops and it definitely drew me into the styling. The shirt adds a smart vibe and I love the off-white hue paired with the pink of the coat. The shoes are a perfect neutral touch, and I love the other accessories, especially the gold buckle belt^
Secondly we have Bianca.Vos styling the Speed Hunters Tshirt in a cool mixed styling. The shirt and paired trousers have a casual vibe, while the heels say otherwise! I love the light colour of the trousers brightening the look which could have been very dark. The silver and perspex jewellery looks great against the tee, and I adore the use of these futuristic style sunglasses with the tee, a perfect combination =)
Next up we have a couple of features with the Cream Ruffle Skirt. This first one is from Scarpin, who styles it up incredibly glamorously, just look at that silk blouse and the furry stole - beautiful! I love the belted piece, the jewels really make it perfect, and it fits perfectly with the shimmery clutch. And those sunglasses are also a great addition, I love the hue to them =)
Also with the Cream Ruffle Skirt is turkiye, adding the Gold Loop Earrings and the Cream Top to the styling - I love it! The blue is such a contrast, and a fun one at that, it works really well and makes a good background for the cream tone to really pop. I love the addition of extra ruffles with the base piece in white and gold, it really all works well together^ 
And the final feature, millaxx wearing the Beige Sweater in a look ready for the Autumn season! The vertical texture down the piece looks great with the pleating design on the skirt, plus this colour combination is super cute^ The accessories are classic pieces, from patent pointed courts to the tied belt. Plus the bag is the perfect finishing touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment