f

Sunday 18 August 2019

V O I L E | Release Review

We recently got a brand new Voile release in the Plaza, I'm certainly happy with this as usually I can pick up a couple of really nice pieces, either accessories or clothing^ The advertising is getting super lazy, it's the same as last time and tells us nothing of the release.
Highlights The release is the usual size of two floors, and it has 9 looks. I'm really loving the minimal monochrome vibes running throughout the collection, with a couple of flashes of colour - I think it's really effective for the collection and makes these good and easy pieces to work with. 
Accessories It's a fairly small collection of accessories, but they're pretty strong. There are two pairs of shoes, the Silk Voile Heels in Black and White, although the White looks very silvery, which I like. These are pretty shiny, have a pointed tow and have 3 ankle straps - a pretty solid shoes choice. Then there are also 2 bags, the Three Edge Purse White which is a trend piece, while I don't like the writing on it, I do like the triangular shape, so will definitely be making use of resizing this, and then also the Golden Handle Handbag which is a fun drop-style bag with a cool structured gold handle, that really drew me in, I'm a sucker for a gold accessory!
Clothing The clothing is all very 'VOILE' and pretty fancy and elegant, which is fun to have pieces for. The theme very much sticks to black and white, so these are versatile items which should work out well in a lot of different looks. There's definitely some cool shapes and designs in there that make the pieces step away from minimal design. In terms of dresses, I love the white pieces the best, the Sheer Flowy White Dress looks super cool with the sheer panelling on the front and in the sleeve design, but I don't love it on my doll, so I look forward to seeing others wear this. What I do love and love on my doll is the Soft Lines Long Dress, it's super pretty, I love the neckline and the long sleeves plus the gathering of one side leading into the long flowing navy portion, that's such an eye catching interesting feature which makes it stand out in the crowd. Next onto the skirts, it's all about longer lengths which I'm all for, the High Waist Silk PennSkirt is such a trend piece, I'm sure you've all seen people all over the place in these silk midi skirts, so I'm delighted to have this neutral one for my doll. It's super flattering on and the design is definitely smart rather than being thrown together. I'm also really liking the High Waist Black Skirt, this one is super pleated and super high waisted, I love that there's no waistband, that really makes it an attractive piece. And lastly talking about some shirts - these really are a focal point of the collection as they're all pretty extra! There are 2 in white, the Oversized Tulle and Silk Top which has super blouson tulle sleeves and a cool gathered design down the front, and then the Sheer Seashell Top which is sheer all over with a loose design and great detail around the neckline - I think these will both be super fun pieces to work with. And then there is also the Oversized Silk Puff top, which I just think looks so beautiful with the taupe toned silk sleeve design. It's a cropped piece with a bralette on the bottom and a flowing blouson sleeve design ontop, totally different to pieces we've had before, it will definitely bring attention to a styling!
Prices This release ranged from 11 to 33SD's which seems about right, with only a couple of pieces at the top of the range. None of the pieces are limited to SS or Royalty only.
Styled Outfits I was in my element with all of these black and white pieces added to my wardrobe! First up the High Waist Silk PennSkirt which is super sleek, I styled it all white, but it will look great with every colour of the rainbow - the knotted shirt adds a little interest and I added some stylish mules - I also used the Three Edge Purse White which works better re-angled for my way of styling. Secondly the Golden Handle Handbag, super easy to style with some of my favourite pieces with golden details. This bag can definitely be dressed up or down, I particularly love it with these boots! And finally the Sheer Seashell Top which I definitely needed to spend a little more time with, but got there in the end. I played with adding a whole layer beneath or just the bralette, and in the end I think the bralette looked better. I love the flow of the piece with the design of these trousers, they're super complementary pieces to each other^ 
Features Now for the features, the first one is from ajenkam styling the Oversized Silk Puff in this cool edgy styling. I love the layering with the sheer black polo, the styles are really perfect together. The texture of the silk looks great with the leather trousers, the pieces work together really well and I like the strength added in the chunky belts^
Next up we have NukaCola styling the Soft Lines Long Dress and the Silk Voile Heels White in this stunning style. I simply adore the use of these smart navy trousers beneath the dress, it balances the colour of the dress and makes such a smart styling. The shiny accessories are pretty perfect to really pop in the look =)
And the final feature from --kayley wearing the High Waist Mermaid Skirt which looks stunning paired with an equally voluminous shirt! The muted tones of the colours work together well for these pieces, I like the oversizing of the whole styling, which is continued in the bag too, then played against with the delicate heels and the fun earrings. Also loving the beauty look here, the dark lip is perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment