f

Saturday 31 August 2019

A U G U S T 2019 | Hotbuys Review

This month the HB's were revealed a little late, so we've not had too long with any of the pieces - they're really not to my taste however! The style is pretty focussed into one, and it's really one that won't be widely popular, the vibes are pretty grungy which won't suit everyone. For me overall it's quite a 'miss of a collection, but let's have a look at the pieces individually, maybe there will be some surprises!

F I R S T I M P R E S S I O N S
Red Glasses - I do love a pair of sunglasses, but these are looking a little too much like ski goggles for me to be sure about them yet! A good pair of red sunglasses will look great, but for my taste, I'm not sure if these fit the bill - they're very oversized on the face, so I know that will be a make-or-break for some people. I'm gonna give these a go though, I might not regret it one day^ Original Future 18SD's

Red Leather Body - This is a layered bodysuit, and I quite like the idea of it, contrasting the textures of the fabrics with the leather underneath and the sheer tulle on top, but I don't like how this particular piece looks on the doll, I don't find it too flattering on my doll as it looks a little shapeless. I also don't like the design at the crotch - this just isn't a piece for me! Bizou 19SD's


Red Leather Pants - When I first saw the advertising I thought these trousers might be the only piece for me, however I'm a little unsure now that we have them! I like the idea of having a burgundy leather trouser, because I wear a lot of burgundy, so colour wise, they get a big thumbs up^ But it's the style I'm not so sure about, mainly the elasticated cuffs as I think this does provide some footwear limits. Overall they're a nice piece and a definite strong point of this months HBs =) Bizou 26SD's

Red Platform Boots - Platform boots have just never been the piece for me, so these are quite an immediate 'no' for me. The colour, again, is good, I love wearing red boots, and I'd love a red boot with a square toe like this, that's a great feature to them - but it's the heel that lets it down! They're a very chunky pair, and really need quite a specific style to wear them with, so it's a pass for these from me. It Girls 21SD's


Fur Sleeves Coat - I find this next piece a little odd, like I'm really not sure what to make of it! I love furry outerwear pieces, and I'm all about wearing fun coats but I'm not 100% convinced on this one - I'm kinda tempted to buy it anyway and save it for Winter^ The fit on the doll is ok, but the sleeves seem quite bulky, but that maybe adds a little charm - the jury's still out on this one overall, but I'd love to know what you guys think of it! RIO 29SD's
Wrap Dress - This is quite a different piece of the collection, a super elegant and modern designed dress! The colour of this is beautiful, it's such a neutral piece in a sea of red, and the design really is very nice, love the wrapping and the different directions. The length is mini but there is a long train on one side which is fun. My only qualm about it is the overall fit on the doll, I find it comes across a little big and for this style of piece I think it would work better a little tighter on. Fallen Angel 26SD's 
Red Leather Gloves - I knew these gloves wouldn't be for me, and trying them on confirmed it - sorry, I'm just not a glove person! I did see one girl posting a great look with them on FB, and they looked amazing with the right look, but for me they're not so much a versatile piece that I would wear often. The design on them in quite nice though, if that could be translated into boots or something, that could look nice. Fallen Angel 17SD's
Red Jacket - Another jacket, and this was again something I thought that would work from me, because I think we're short a great red coat in the Plaza, but actually I'm not so sure after trying it on my doll. Alike the previous coat, it's the shoulders that are making me doubt it, they just seem a little bulky, and make the piece very much a 'trend-piece' where I am looking for something like this but in a more classic style. The colour is spot on though, and other than the shoulders, I'd say it's a pretty great item^ Velvet Orchid 25SD's
Belt Bag - Ok, I can start with a positive at least once in this post, I love this bag! I do love a trend-bag, and red pieces are ones I know I can wear a lot, plus this one isn't too pricey for a fun design. I like the neck strap along with the cross body design, and the silver details are nice, I like that they're not too big for the piece. I think this will work well with both dressy and casual looks, I'm definitely excited for this one! It Girls 19SD's
Metal Boots - The release of this piece has been delayed, the link will work when they are available in the Plaza, so I can't comment on them on the doll, however they're essentially the same as the earlier Boots just in a more neutral colour however with a silver platform. So overall, the style isn't for me, but I do like the suede texture and colour, so that in a different design, and I'll be all set^ RIO 20SD's

F E A T U R E S
I think Andre1396 has done such a fabulous job with the Wrap Dress, what a perfect way to make it so wearable! It's been resized a little to get the tighter fit, and I think that really looks perfect for it, the shirt is a pretty good colour fit and I like the shaping of it paired with the wrapping of the skirting. The accessories are super fun, love the glitzy earrings and the blue printed Dior along with the orange shoes^
And then millaxx really has me tempted by the Fur Sleeves Coat - doesn't this outfit just look perfect for it?! There's super retro vibes added with the orange tones in both shirts (I love that layering^) and the wide leg jeans, love the contrast of the denim there. The accessories are great too, the boots look fabulous as does the pairing the belt and bag!

S T Y L I N G S
Next the Guest Writer stylings! And of course tempting me with pieces that I was sure I'd talked myself out of^ Miloshki goes for the Red Leather Pants and I adore the pairing of this Valentino top with them, it's pretty perfect and totally up my street ... of course I want to pair them now! Vogue_veronica has styled up the Red Jacket which looks great with this cool printed skirt, the colours are completely made for each other. I think it looks great in a more dressed up look and provides more options that I was thinking of. And lastly AudreyHepburn. styled the Wrap Dress which is really working out much more versatile that I thought! The yellow is a fun addition, and contrasts with the blue very nicely, love the perspex bag and the fun earrings used^
Lastly for my stylings. I have only bought 2 pieces so far, but am still tempted with the Red Leather Pants and the Fur Sleeves Coat so there may be some last minute buying! First up the Red Glasses which I think I like, I'm about 75% convinced on them right now, I just with they could be resized a little smaller and one thing to point out is that they become more lens-like when trying them on in the Plaza, however remain a solid red when you put them on your doll which I find a little disappointing as I prefer how they look in the Plaza, nevermind! I did enjoy styling them, because I love a burgundy accent in a look, this shirt is perfect as it also adds a light touch to the look with some white, it was super easy to put together a look so I don't think these will be a hard piece to wear again. Then secondly the Belt Bag, which I've actually worn in a few ways now, this is one that I love, looking classy with this silver dress, I think the two pieces work together well and there are many other silver pieces which will work out nicely too. I think this will make a great Autumn/Winter accessory!

No comments:

Post a Comment