f

Saturday 16 February 2019

S U B C O U T U R E | Release Review

It's Subcouture time! We're in the midst of 'Fashion Month' and so it's the right time to have a fun new drop of pieces so that our dolls can take part too^ It's been a while since our last release and I'm very ready for some new pieces to style my doll in =)
Highlights The bright red interior is eye catching and really draws you in! There are 2 floors, each with 6 female and 1 male look, which gives a great choice covering a range of styles. Overall I'd say it's looking pretty good =)
Accessories It is a small collection of accessories with this release, the focus really is on shoes. There are 5 pairs, all boots or boot-style pieces. My eyes automatically are attracted to the bright colours, so the Stretch Jersey Thigh Boots Yellow and Orange, they have a great stiletto component and are over the knee, a super popular choice - I think these will be all over the place this season^ The other pair that I love are the PVC Ankle Boots, they're clear plastic on the sides with a black section down the middle. I love the chunky heel and mid height to these - we've been having a lot of PVC boots recently, and I'm liking these the best so far! The store has just one bag, the Heart Bag, which I adore! It's a sweet handheld piece, it's black with colourful heart details and gold metal-wear, I think this will be super fun to style, and I hope others give it a chance too. There's no jewellery or sunglasses in this release, which is a little disappointing, but there's enough for me in the shoes and bag =)
Clothing The clothing pieces don't have a clear theme or flow to them it seems, but I think they're a fab mix of styling ideas and colours and fabrics. There's a lot of PVC/leather-style pieces, not so much my thing, but I really like the idea of them, I think the PVC Blue Shirt could be a good one to style in terms of versatility. There are some very cute dresses and one-pieces, I'm super impressed with these - I love the Tulle Shirt Dress, it's a classic in white and I like the deep V into the dress length, the hemming is super cute and the piece is totally up my street^ Also very much liking the look of the Longsleeves Jeans Dress, I don't wear denim a lot like this, but this looks a good style, I like the oversizing and the wide neckline. And lastly the Puff Sleeve Jumpsuit, totally different to other pieces we've had, it's more of a playsuit style with shorts on the bottom. The puffed sleeves just to the elbow is a nice touch, only not so sure about the stitching detailing, but it really looks a great piece =) There are 2 tops to mention, the very smart looking Tucked In Blue Shirt, a style which is proving popular around the site so I know this piece will do well, and then the neon green Balenciaga Inspired Wrap Top, which fits the doll beautifully and actually looks very flattering - I like the scarf portion around the neck too. The bottomhalves are total winners though, big thumbs up from me^ There are 2 great skirts, the Heart Skirt, which is a knee length piece, half sheer with a fun glittered heart pattern, and then the PVC Orange Skirt, which is a wrap style in a quilted texture, it's a bold piece and I think it's got great potential. Saving the best for last, the Balenciaga Inspired Flowy Trousers, they're just the dreamiest - I love a pair of black trousers, but these just look so individual! I love the waistline of them, higher on the hips than around the stomach, and the shape of the leg is stunning. I really think they stand out against other pairs and I'm super excited to wear these =)
Prices This release ranges from 16 to 55SD with only one item at the top end, this is pretty much on par with previous releases. Nothing in the collection is limited to SS or Royalty members, the only limit is the time, the collection is only in the Plaza from 15th-17th February!
Features I bought quite a few pieces, so I'll show my looks another time and focus on these great stylings from you guys =) First up hlnnax wearing numerous pieces from the release, the Tucked In Blue Shirt, Leather Waist Belt, PVC Ankle Boots and Heart Bag and I think they look great together, I'm especially loving the plastic skirting with the belting and the boots, that's super fun and I think it's been done very nicely =)

The earth tones in this look from Isabella8103 styling the Puff Sleeve Jumpsuit look great! It's super creative stylings like this that make me wanna buy the piece^ The belting gives a great shape to the body and the tone of the snake print skirt is very fitting. Love the boots matching the belting, it's fun and the brown and black are fabulous together^
Thirdly something a little lighter, Marta32222 wearing the Tulle Shirt Dress. I love it layered up with these matching white trousers, it fits very nicely into the blazer-dress trend^ The details in the piece do manage to still stand out, and overall the look has been accessorisied well, love the glasses, bag and the faux fur stole!
And rounding off the features, millaxx wearing the Longsleeves Jeans Dress in a super minimal way. Alike the last look, it's also layered on top of white trousers and I find that really highlights the features of the denim to me. Love the baby blue shoes at the bottom and the silver jewellery, the long necklace is perfect for the neckline of this dress =D

No comments:

Post a Comment