f

Friday 14 June 2019

T H E J E T S E T | Release Review

We recently got a brand new The Jet Set release - I feel like it's not been long since the last (it's been over 3 months though) but here is our Summer drop! The advertising is in the same style as the previous, this is something I like for store continuity, although I don't feel like it gives much away about the release itself.
Highlights This is a regular one floor release and there are 8 looks to choose from in different styles - I think there are some great options here! I am someone who likes both pinks and yellows so naturally my eyes don't know where to move first^
Accessories In this category there are just shoes, so maybe a little disappointing as a bag or sunglasses or some jewellery might have fitted in nicely, however there are some good shoes to choose from. There are 6 pairs to choose from - I'm a huge fan of 3. The Neon Heeled Sandals really pop for their bright yellow/green colour, while I don't always go for neon, I love the design of these, especially the square toe. They look great on the doll, super sleek, and so far have seemed pretty popular. Moving on to pointed toe styles, I love both the White Heeled Mules and the Metallic Foil Slings. The Mules are such a 'me' shoe, they're white with a block dark wooden heel and a fun laser cut dot design on the top, they really look so great on the doll, I'm stoked to wear these this season! And then the Slingbacks, well they're silver, that's a winner in my book^ These look so smart, and also great on the doll, really will be a perfect dressy shoe to add to my wardrobe.
Clothing There's mixed vibes from the clothing, with a range of casual and dressy pieces and a range of soft and silky fabrics. I'm quite drawn to the co-ord sets in this release, of which there are 3. The Crepe Jacket and Shorts are a smart Summer set in such a beautiful pale blue colour, the shorts are long and the jacket is boxy and oversized and held back over one hip, I love that style^ The Bright Yellow Jacket and Trousers are also super Summery for their bold colour, this jacket has rolled sleeves and also an oversized fit, while the trousers look fantastic with a wide leg and high waist. I really quite like both of these sets although I'm not sure I'd firstly wear them as a co-ord. There are quite a few pink pieces to choose from in this release, with a focus on silks in the Satin Slip Skirt which is a midi piece in a bubblegum shade, and the Satin Cropped Trousers in a muted dusted tone with a loose fit and asymmetrical hem. I'm on the fence about these pieces, I want to like them, and in RL I love the style and idea, but they haven't translated so well onto my doll on this occasion. Also in a muted pink is the Beige T Shirt, I like this minimal piece for the Summer season, the fabric has a sheer quality to it, but it's not transparent and the colour is beautiful and soft - a good basic!  And finally in pink, the Cropped Pink Jacket, which is pretty bold. It's styled alike the Wild Candy White Jeans Cropped Jacket, although is a little less fitted on the body than that piece - again I'm on the fence about this one, I think I would wear it if I bought it, but I'm not sure if it's love yet! The release has 2 shirts, the Stripe Blue Shirt is fairly fitted with an open neck and an adorable tie at the hem. The blue is a little bold for me, but I can see it being a popular choice. The one which does work for me is the Stripe Shirt, it's pretty much a white shirt, but it has super pale pinstripes. This is a little more fitted and is also a crop design, which I like for ease with my many pairs of high waisted trousers - it just looks pretty great. And one last piece that I want to mention because I'm not sure about it, the Mesh Skirt, please discuss opinion in the comments! I quite like it for the light colour and I think the macrame detailing looks good, I think it's the long fringing that's making me unsure as I'm not sure how I would go about styling it. I've also not seen anyone wear this yet so I think that might help inspire me with this piece^
Prices This store ranges from 13 to 26SD's, which is very similar to previous releases. As it is The Jet Set, it is a SS-only release and so is also available to Royalty members.
Styled Outfits I spent a small fortune in this store - oops^ But I've really enjoyed styling the pieces so far. Firstly the Beige T Shirt and White Heeled Mules in a casual Summery styling, I love both of these pieces with these jeans a lot! The hemming on the jeans works to give attention to the shoes and the hem of the shirt sits well with the waist of the jeans, I accessorised minimally with pink for something super simple =) Secondly the Neon Heeled Sandals in one of my few neon looks, but actually I really like this one - I don't find the neon too overwhelming when equally balanced and paired with some white, and with classic accessories. These shoes have such a retro vibe and I think the overall style of the pieces I've picked works really well with that - I definitely like this one^ And finally the Stripe Shirt paired with the Metallic Foil Slings in a look which I am just super excited by! I adore these checked trousers with the shoes, that's a combination I could re-wear everyday for sure. Layered with the white blazer I think the shirt works well with the outfit and it's not easy to see it's striped. And finally I love my bag choice here, it won't be for everyone, but it's something a little different for me to pair a bag like this with an outfit like this =)
Features And a few features to share today - I'm not sure this one was as popular as I was imagining it would be. First up FREIHEIT1993 styling the Stripe Shirt in a look after my own heart, the shirt is beautiful with this skirt, I love the mixed light prints to the pieces and the minimal accessories. The perspex heels are a great fit and I love the glamour of the earrings =)
A brighter styling from turkiye styling the Neon Heeled Sandals with some matching neon pieces. Again, it's not too much as the colour is balanced well with the black, I love the good ruffled skirt as it adds something very different to the neon, and of course the tulle shoulder detailing looks fab! I'm also loving the choice of hair, perfect for the outfit^
And finally millaxx wearing the Stripe Blue Shirt in another look close to my own heart  - I think this whole collection might look good with these jeans! The blue really stands out with the jeans and I quite like that for the piece. The clear shoes are good for the look, as the bag really deserves the focus it gets by being even more blue! Love it =D

No comments:

Post a Comment