f

Saturday 15 June 2019

2017 / / T R I B U T E S R E V I S I T E D

S U M M E R 2 0 1 7
And here we are, starting off this years Tributes Revisited season! It will be a little shorter as I revisited 2010 to 2016 last year so there are just 2 years to look at, but maybe I will come up with something to do with all of the previous Summer Tribute releases later in the season =) This year we had 6 store releases with some great brands, Fendi, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Tributes Gallery Shoes, Tributes Gallery Bags, and Marc Jacobs. It was the first year of the 'Tributes Gallery' which I really love as it means we get a little something from a range of designers or brands. Overall, this was a pretty decent year for Tributes!

F E N D I
I definitely think I had forgotten a little about how good this collection was - I have several pieces still in my wardrobe and they're ones I really loved for the few months following the release, like the Silk Culottes which seriously need a comeback in my stylings! This release was a great one for Autumnal vibes with the darker tones, the burgundy, the checks and the faux fur - really a lot to choose from in one collection. And of course, the Fendi Inspired Thigh High Boots were a firm winner from this collection^ We've seen a few of these pieces re-released into CP, but a lot of them are reasonably easy to find in the Bazaar, I'm definitely tempted to try out the dresses again =)

G U C C I
I really do have a soft spot for Gucci^ While overall this collection didn't offer me a huge amount, those few pieces that work really are fabulous! The rainbow pieces really make this collection stand out, but they're not the most wearable pieces for sure, but there is a guys option in addition to the girls, which is a plus. Looking back I wish I'd appreciated the accessories as a whole back then, because I've since purchased quite a few pieces in the Bazaar, like the Gucci Inspired Crystal Glasses (yes, I passed up sunglasses back then - no chance of that happening now!) and the Satin Dragon Boots, these pieces are fabulous and deserve more attention! Overall I think a lot of people have forgotten about this one as I haven't seen many of these pieces styled in a while - show me your looks^
And a feature, from our Guest Writer cinderela23barb - who might not recognise the look because I snapped the features for the 2017 Tributes last year when I was putting together the other Tributes Revisited posts! I love this cool styling of the Gucci Inspired Embroidered Gown - the dress speaks for the clothes and the accessories are perfect finishing touches. Love the beret and the black bag to balance the velvet shoulder design, while the red shoes and the fabulous jewelled earrings really play on the colours - I love it!

S A I N T L A U R E N T

Saint Laurent is pretty much a classic Tribute release, we've had quite a few from this brand, and this is one that I definitely return to a lot! All the black pieces are such classics, it's an easy colour to wear and I think we all agree that the Oversized Coat is one of the most worn of its kind in my wardrobe^ There are so many details throughout this store, from pleats and folds, to sequins, to intricate lace, the pieces are so well designed! When the store came out I wasn't a fan of the boots, however a while afterwards I completely changed my mind and hunted them down in the Bazaar and I have no regrets, I wear these quite a lot - they're even featured in the Gucci looks above!


T R I B U T E S G A L L E R Y

And the final release, or I should say releases, to focus on from this 2017 season, Tributes Gallery! This was a brand new store for the Tribute releases, and came with two releases one for shoes and one for bags, I love this idea and totally hope for more of it! These have been hugely successful releases, I still have many items from them and wear some of them all the time - hello Aquazzura Inspired Dreamy Velvet Boots! I do think sometimes they get a little forgotten as Tributes, but for me, totally perfect and I remember^ The stores had a great range of styles, designs and colours to choose from - a little something for everyone for sure =)

No comments:

Post a Comment