f

Sunday 17 March 2019

W I L D C A N D Y | Release Review

Last week we got a new Wild Candy release - our resident SC only store. I usually don't buy a lot from this store, but it's a great go-to when you've maxed out on SC's! The advert looks cute with some great Spring styles in pastel colours^
Highlights I am majorly impressed with this release! The pieces are great in style and design and really look great on the doll. The advert does the perfect job of summing up the collection, it's all about those summery designs and great colours =)
Accessories It's a small range of accessories, but covers most bases. There are two pairs of shoes, the Platform Espadriles and then the Candy Sandals which I am so in love with! The design is simple but classic, I love the mule style with the straps and the colour is a perfect versatile one. I am also very much in love with the bag of the release, the Color Block Crossbody Bag - it's a perfect Loewe Gate bag dupe, I am currently the emoji with heart eyes^ These colours make it pretty unique too, and I always have a soft spot for yellow. And lastly a pair of earrings, the Bead Hoop Earrings which are a super standout fun summer piece, the colours really just pop!
Clothing And now for the clothing - there are so many prints to choose from! Cute cherries, checks, dots, stripes ... the release kind of has it all. Of the onepieces, the Valentina Red Jumpsuit and the Midi Dress in a pretty Spring green really stand out the most to me, the Jumpsuit has a unique design, I love the layering of the parts, and the Midi has a super sweet button-down strappy design which is super popular, plus I'm always after more green items! But the Button Down Mini Dress in pink stripe is super adorable and I think will be a popular piece for summer stylings. The Polka Dot Top and Cropped Pants are a cute co-ord set, they remind me of old time PnL pieces and these look great on the doll too. I love that the dots are super neutral as well so will be easy to style up. Just a few more pieces to mention, the One Sleave Top (the actual spelling of the piece, not mine!) is a sweet basic, the tone of the green is a perfect pistachio. And then what might be the current popular piece from the release, the White Jeans Cropped Jacket, I'm kinda feeling like this is the piece I didn't know was missing from my wardrobe! I don't think we've had something like this before, the oversizing is just right, it's not too big, and the design is pretty neat - I really like it =)
Prices As with the store theme, all pieces are in SC and range from 165 to 280SC's, and with the ease of earning SC's these days, it wouldn't take too long to be able to afford the whole collection if you wanted^
Styled Outfits I really had a great time with these pieces, I'm totally feeling the Spring vibes right now even though we're still quite Wintery where I am^ And yellow totally dominates this set of looks! First up the Color Block Crossbody Bag and while I normally struggle with brown-based bags, this one was easy for me, choosing a bit of a classic-me combination, but mixing it up a little with this shearling coat, the leather trim is perfection with the bag and I love the layering look of this outfit. Secondly the Candy Sandals, I found so many great Spring and Summer items to go with these, so they are super versatile, but I found this skirt really highlighted the green of the shoes and I love that^ The yellow sweater keeps it more Spring for the moment and I love this bag in the look, a great style and colour match. And finally the White Jeans Cropped Jacket, I loved making it pop with just the white accessories in this look, it would look stunning in all-white outfits, but I think the black and yellow tones really make it stand out that bit more - plus the yellow makes it fit very nicely with the other stylings =D
Features Now for the features, you guys seemed to like this release as much as I did! This styling from Bianca.Vos uses both the Polka Dot Top and Cropped Pants, but styles the Top as more of a belted design and I think it looks awesome, those buttons are a great style feature! The pink polka dot bralette is a great fit for these pieces and the blazer is a great piece to cover up. Love the neutral shoes too but the little bit of bling with the gold earrings^
Secondly Jesica_1998 wearing the One Sleave Top - I love the matte and soft effect that the piece brings to these very contrasting trousers with their leather panelling, it looks great! And I think the orange tones to the accessories are perfect, the shoes and earrings look great and the style is a great fit for the outfit =)
And lastly miver styling the Midi Dress in this sweet feminine style. It looks great layered with this frilled blouse, it really bring the piece to Spring rather than summer. And I love the delicate accessorising, the shoes are fitting but don't pull from the dress focus, the bag is a stylish choice and the slim headband is super sweet^

No comments:

Post a Comment