f

Tuesday 26 April 2022

C A L L I E S P I C K S | Styled Outfits

There have been a number of Hotbuys pieces released into Callie's Picks recently (all can be found in the Plaza catalogue) and I decided to refresh some stylings for the current season to help you see if these pieces are for you! First up is the HotBuys Flower Green Skirt which was originally released in May 2018 and I've actually styled a couple of times over the years - I've not seen this worn by many other dolls though. I think it's such a fun stand-out piece, the midi skirt style is a classic but the bold mix of colours really gives it a wow factor. Surprisingly, I always find it easy to choose accessories to pair with this piece, all those floral details in pink, red, blue and yellow give a lot of choice - I normally go with pink because it gives me a chance to get some wear out of these bold pieces, these shoes for example are a great match for the skirt^ With those bold accessories I opted for a simple shirt, I love the smart style this one has and adds to the look. Next is the HotBuys Red Belt Bag which was also a May 2018 release - I loved the colour at the time and I still love the colour now! I have worn this quite a number of times over the years, with a favourite styling quite recently. It's super easy to style in terms of the design and it's fun to pair with a range of colours, this time I've gone for something quite different with the bag in choosing yellow clothing, but I really think it works and the red pops well in the styling^ I did struggle in choosing a top, I'm not sure this is the perfect top with the draped style, but the colour worked well with the trousers. For the rest of the accessories I've paired with the bag colour, these sandals are a favourite pairing with the bag and the orange earrings are really fitting the theme of the look - super cute for Summer =) And finally is the Hot Buys Voyage Big Bag which many of you may not remember from the first time around, it was released when 'Weekly Hotbuys' were around back in 2013. I've held onto it that long and have actually worn it a few times in stylings here, but not for a number of years now ... I kinda think it's time for a comeback! The bag is definitely more of an Autumn/Winter piece with the darker colours, and my look feels like that for sure. I will also point out that I have resized the bag down for this styling, when it says 'big' in the name, it really means it =D I'm so pleased with this styling, this was the piece I was most worried about getting a good look for and I think it's been successful, plus I found a number of other pieces that also looked good, so I have more options for another styling. These burgundy trousers fit the bag well but also don't overtaken the look, the bag is just a little darker than them. I decided to stick with darker accessories too, I'm really loving these dark patent boots as the bag also has a patent sheen to it and these glasses are also a piece that I never see styled but the colour works well for me a lot of the time^ To try and keep it a little Spring-like I opted for lighter colours on top, this oversized sweater is cute and I think it works well with the oversizing of the bag too. So pleased with this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment