f

Thursday 2 September 2021

C H A N E L I N S P I R E D M U L E S R E D + H O T B U Y S R E D B E L T B A G | Styled By Me / / Styled By You

I thought this styling of both the Chanel Inspired Mules Red and Hotbuys Red Belt Bag from Millaxx was just super, the two go together perfectly from a colour-matching point of view, and I think the styles are also pretty nice. This dress is a fun way to work with both pieces, the red isn't too bright either in the plaid design or in the track-top design, so I think it's perfect for highlighting the bag against - it looks great sized up and slung over the should like this^ The skirt length is perfect at the ankles to highlight the shoes, which make for a great Summery styling of the dress. I thought this would also therefore give me the perfect opportunity to style up the shoes myself - fitting nicely with the earlier '3 BY 3' post and getting in another pair of Chanel sandals. I initially wasn't sure if I also wanted to include the bag, however in the end I was very happy with my look including the bag, so it had to be done! But it also highlights this as a great Summer pairing, so I'll likely repeat. I ended up styling 3 or 4 looks with these accessory pieces and was quite indecisive about which I liked best, in the end I thought this top was a fabulous and underrated piece that deserved some of the spotlight, the colour is great with the accessories and the design is fun! There's not really scope to add a sweater or jacket with these wide sleeves, so I kept it without to show them off. The neutral trousers are perfect for colour balancing, and the length is great to make sure the shoes still get some focus. I added some minimal earrings to work with the trousers and I love them as a finishing touch =)

2 comments:

  1. where did you get the cold shoulder top? it's BEA utiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello =) The top is from RIO way back in 2017 (https://thestardolllookbook.blogspot.com/2017/04/r-i-o-release-review.html) - not currently in the Plaza, but perhaps you will be able to find it in the Bazaar!

      Delete