f

Friday 26 March 2021

R I B B E D T O P

I've been saving this new It Girls Ribbed Top (17SD's) to style - it was the only piece I picked up from this release that was probably a month or so ago now, but I just love it, such a great basic to add to my wardrobe! I love the dark brown colour, it's not something similar to anything I already have, and that neckline is standout, it looks so good on the doll^ I'm a little surprised I haven't seen more people styling this up, but it does seem more Autumnal than Spring to me, so I think it'll get its chance in a couple of months.
I found a lot of pieces that looked good with this top, which is awesome, brown can be versatile too! But I did struggle accessorising the outfits, I don't have any bags which are a perfect match, and none of my jewellery or sunglasses seemed just right for any of the stylings, so that is something I can work on adding to my wardrobe. Anyway, the first outfit, had to go all-out brown and see if it worked, I think it's maybe a little work in progress, but I do really love this tulle skirting with the top, I think the colours work beautifully together. The brown shoes are a smart-looking touch, I love the shine to them against the matte in the rest of the outfit. I added a little black in the accessories to tie in with the waistband of the skirt, and I think it looks ok =) Moving to something a little lighter in the second look, these culottes are fab for Spring and the checked print adds some detail to the look. The colour is perfectly complementary for the top, I think this is a combination I'll repeat! Without enough brown heels, I thought these boots would be a fitting choice, the colour is a great balance with the lighter tones which are also added in the bag and earrings. I think the neckline is just looking a bit bare in this one, so I need to find a fitting necklace. And more light in the final look, which I think might be too overwhelming for the top - I love the colour of the trousers with the brown, but I think the jacket is too light. By this point I was also running out of accessories to work, haha, so while I think this bag is ok in the styling, it's not a perfect fit. I think I need a do-over on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment