f

Sunday 28 March 2021

I N S P I R E D B Y A L A I A | Tribute Review

Onto the next Tribute Review now, here is our third release of this 'season' and it's another new one - ALAIA! I have heard of this brand before, but really know very little about it or the style of clothing to be expected from it so without further ado, onto checking out the store:
This release is perhaps a little smaller than the others so far, and also only includes clothes for the female dolls (not a problem for me, but for some it might be). Immediately I am quite drawn in by the more minimalistic style of the pieces and the neutral colours on show in the store, so first impressions are quite good of this one! I've now had a quick look at their recent collections and wow is this a brand for me, there are so many pieces that I like, so of course now I want a second ALAIA release to bring them all to my doll^ I'm not sure the pieces selected all express the brand to me how I've seen it from the real collections, but hey, I'm quite happy to have something fresh and inspiring in the Plaza. So first up the accessories, which really focuses on shoes in this release with 4 pairs on offer. They're all totally different styles which is great, the Suede Stiletto Pink offer something neutral, there's a few too many straps for me, but they're pretty cute, while the Black Pearl Stiletto is a great style for those who like something more classic. But my favourite pair is the Leopard Pumps, what a cute and standout shoe, how could I resist them?! These have a great print and an overall very nice design of the shoe, they look fab on the doll and I think will get a lot of wear. There are also a couple of bags in the release, but for me the winner in this category is the Alaia Inspired Laser Cut Bag, I love the mini-bucket style to it, the laser cutouts are very cool and it's completely something I don't already have in my wardrobe. Despite being black, I think it has such Spring vibes to it, but ultimately it will be a good decorative year-round bag. As a big sunglasses fan I must mention the Cat Eye Sunglasses, these are a chunky frame big pair with a detailed design. I'm giving these a pass because the details aren't so much my style, but they're a good option in the Plaza right now if you're in the market for more sunglasses =D
My first impressions of the clothing were that I was super impressed, I loved the mix of colours and the bold leopard print thrown in on the second floor. However after trying the pieces on my doll, the styles don't so much fit my preferences, but I still like some of the pieces nonetheless. The laser cuts, printing and design details across the collection really give so many different places to look at, there's so many different interesting aspects here. I really like the fringing design to the skirts of both the Halterneck Midi Dress (the colour of this doesn't suit me, otherwise I'd buy it for sure!) and the Knit Midi Skirt, I think they've been made very well and will style nicely. And the printing and scalloped trims to the Jaquard Knit Top, which has a beautiful square neckline also, and the Jaquard Knit Skirt are stunning, but I'd prefer it as a dress because I can't see myself styling the two separately - but maybe someone can prove me wrong here with an awesome styling! The pieces which do speak to me more are the more minimal styles, the Strech Bodysuit is in a nude colour and I think the design is very current with the collar style and little sleeves. It looks great on the doll, and at least for me the colour is perfect against my dolls skin tone. And also the Long Wool Skirt, which really looks like a Winter piece, but it just seemed so versatile with the minimal style, you can't go too wrong with something like this, right?! I also love the navy colour it has, totally one of my favourites, so I know I will wear it =) The prices of this release range from 18 to 38SD's which is about average for a Tribute, and there is nothing SS/Royalty limited which is a bonus^

T S L T O P T H R E E
Alaia Inspired Laser Cut Bag | Long Wool Skirt | Leopard Pumps
My top three from this release are the first pieces which caught my eye and I knew immediately that I wanted to buy. I think these are pretty versatile pieces and will work with a lot of different style combinations for outfits^

S T Y L I N G S
You guys really didn't seem to like this one at all because I spent so many days searching for looks to feature and really came up with almost nothing! After styling the pieces myself, I'm not so sure why that is because I had a great time putting together my looks and really loved working with these new pieces. First up the Long Wool Skirt, this pairing with this navy blazer was what came to mind when I initially saw the skirt, and I think the outfit has worked out so much better than I imagined! I'm a big fan of black and navy, so these black accessories came about very naturally and I think they all fit together and with the clothing very nicely - love all that sheen to them too as I really think it adds to the matte of the clothing pieces. Second up the Leopard Pumps, and I went for a super simple look to really highlight them in the styling, and I think I achieved that! These will look great with many colours, I think I'll go for something bright and white next time for a Spring styling, but the black is also perfect to highlight their colour. The length of these trousers is perfect to highlight all of the design aspects of the shoes. I did look at my leopard-print accessories, and I struggled to find anything that looked good added to the outfit, so I think maybe I'll be on the hunt for some more leopard print soon^ And finally the Alaia Inspired Laser Cut Bag, I loved styling this look and I knew immediately I wanted to pair these boots with it, no idea why, but I was thinking it was a good idea and I'm glad I followed through on that. I went for an all-white base to really pop the accessories, and I think the bag does great standing out against this big black overcoat. It's super simple, but I really love how this outfit has turned out! I honestly can't choose a favourite styling because I really love them all, which I'm pleased with - and hopefully some of you give this Tribute a chance =D

No comments:

Post a Comment