f

Sunday 7 March 2021

I N S P I R E D B Y S C H I A P A R E L L I | Tribute Review

Wow wow - it's been over a year since our last Tribute was released, finally we have another one! And a good one, this time is the first Schiaparelli Tribute for the Plaza - I quite like that this was a total surprise for me, I had no idea we would get a Tribute and it's really given me a little hope that Stardoll has ended its uninspiring period that has covered the last several months. If this is what we're starting with, I'm now wondering what we might get next! Now, onto the release:
This is a pretty classic Tribute release with two floors of looks inspired by some of the recent collections from Schiaparelli - it's quite a mixed bag of styles and I don't think all of the pieces will be for everyone, but I'm thinking with the great range of accessories included, I think most people will be able to find a piece that works for them. Speaking of the accessories, I'll start with them as they're definitely my favourite part of this release - there is a good selection of shoes, bags and jewellery. As a lover of gold detailing, all of these golden earrings are just fab! The Big Tooth Earrings are perhaps a little on the large side for my style, but I've seen them on a few dolls already so they seem a popular choice - I'm leaning more towards the Tooth Earrings which combine gold with a pearl, a combination I could wear everyday, the Lock Earrings which are a hoop with a dangling lock detail in the centre, and the Gold Earrings which are a mis-matched pair of golden detailed and delicate earrings also with some small pearl details. Really there is so much to choose from just with the jewellery! I am also a HUGE fan of the shoe in this release, they may be the same style, but I bought all three of the different colours on offer - the Pink, Gold and Blue Measure Sandals! These are a fantastic design, great for the Spring/Summer season and in great colours which are easy to style. I can't resist a gold shoe, even if I have too many pairs already, and nor can I pass up something in navy, it's a colour I'm always on the hunt for more of^
With the clothing, the pieces aren't so much my style with some things a little 'out there' for me. In the collections that inspired this release there are so many great pieces that I love, but they're perhaps a little too on the minimal side for a Stardoll release! I think the Crystal Schiaparelli Inspired Dress is a real stand-out piece of the collection, it's been beautifully done. Whilst it's not an everyday type item, the golden details and the shimmer really make it something special. I also love the colours in the Rainbow Mini Dress, but it's just not something I would get enough wear out of to justify buying. The blue tones on the second floor are just fabulous, both the Blue Puff Sleeve Top and the Schiaparelli Inspired Dress Blue look great, I love the volume they have and their unique designs, but again they aren't things I would wear a lot. The pieces I did buy however are probably no surprise - the Schiaparelli Inspired Lock Jacket and Lock Wide Pants, I love this co-ord SO MUCH! They're super minimal in comparison with the rest of the pieces, I love the colour of the pieces and the fit on the doll is beautiful. They really seem like versatile pieces and are items that I know I will wear for sure based on similar colour/style items I already have, so I'm delighted to add these to my wardrobe^ The prices of this release range between 15 and 39SD's, which is pretty average for a Tribute release - I was happy with the prices I paid for the pieces that I bought. And no pieces are SS/Royalty only which is great too.

T S L T O P T H R E E
Lock Wide Pants | Blue Measure Sandals | Schiaparelli Inspired Lock Jacket
My top 3 picks from the release are probably no surprise after reading my above thoughts on the release - these are the pieces which I think are most versatile, and at least for me are ones I know I will return to again and again. I think they're great for the Spring/Summer season and I hope to see some of you join me in styling up these items!

F E A T U R E S
First in the features is artichoke styling the Flower Earrings and Gold Sandals in this pretty white and gold based styling, such a classic combination and so fresh for the Spring! The white dress has a perfect length to highlight the sandals in the look, and the thick gold chain is a perfect addition to the colour in the look. The earrings are fantastic with the beauty-styling of this look, I love the flowing hairstyle and that makeup is beautiful, the pink lip is really what drew me in, totally in love with it^
Next up is millaxx styling the Big Tooth Earrings and making them look like a manageable piece to wear^ I don't think I could manage so effortlessly! The two-tone colouring looks great in this outfit with brown and black colours pairing well to highlight all the aspects of the earrings. I think they look particularly good against this brown twisted-front top. The bag is the cutest accessory addition, a perfect pairing with the earring design =)
Now for some clothing in our next feature, sieg wearing the Lock Wide Pants in this amazing regal-style outfit, it's so creative! The trousers really stood out well in the look, despite being beige they really hold their own in an outfit. I love the colour pairings and I think they do well with the black tones added and it doesn't overwhelm them too much. I love all the ruffling added in the sleeves and around the neck, plus that pearl bag is just and adorable accessory addition^
And the final feature, ayselevi wearing the Gold Earrings, Lock Schiparelli Inspired Bag and the Schiaparelli Inspired Glasses - really getting all the pieces in there, and the combination is great! The glasses look great as an addition to the bag, it's a fun way to wear them and they really do stand out in the styling. I like all of the other gold pieces added, it really gives you so many places to look at around the look and draws you to the Schiaparelli pieces used. The white shirt and red checked blazer make a good base as well =D

S T Y L I N G S
And now for my own stylings from this release - I styled up all my top picks from the collection^ First up the Lock Wide Pants and the Gold Sandals which are a great pairing. I knew I wanted to wear white with these trousers, I think it's a classic combination and the smart shirt is a great vibe with the style of the trousers, and the golden accessories are a perfect finishing touch. Secondly the Schiaparelli Inspired Lock Jacket, which I'm really liking the length of. The colour is a spot-on match with this skirt, I like the pleating against the flat of the jacket, and I think there are a number of skirts like this that will work well. Again with the gold accessories, but how could I resist, they really make a perfect fit for the outfit^ And finally the Blue Measure Sandals in a darker look, which took longer to put together than the other outfits, I was so indecisive about what to choose as a range of colours and styles looked good with these shoes - which is a good thing and means versatility! I chose these smart-style royal blue trousers in the end, the colour is almost a perfect match for the shoes, and then lightened the style with white for Spring - I think it's a nice look for starters with these shoes^

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said, happy to see that the stardoll is returning to normal! Kisses Kate17elegante ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my look!♡

    ReplyDelete