f

Monday 28 August 2017

I N S P I R E D B Y M A R C J A C O B S | Tribute Review

You probably thought this next Tribute Review wasn't coming - but I was away during the release and then this is the first chance I've had to sit and write about it ... our final Tribute, Marc Jacobs! We've had Marc Jacobs before and it was a pretty alright release, so I definitely expect the same from this one^ The advertising sure is colourful with a lot of glitter on the pieces, so lets dive in and see^
Highlights This store has two floors and as per the advert, it is quite colourful! There's a lot going on - I amn't familiar with the original collection so maybe it's all over the place too, but I think there should be something for everyone in the mix there!
Accessories It was a pretty small accessories collection this time, just shoes and bags and one pair of socks, and overall I'm a little disappointed with the accessories on offer. The shoes seem quite unappealing to me, all being huge platforms which to me are quite unwearable with the styles I like, and I haven't seen anyone discuss these or purchase these so maybe this is the same opinion with others too. The colours of the shoes are fine, and I don't mind that there's a lot of glitter and shimmer with them, but the platform puts me off completely sadly. The bags are a little better, with two to choose from, the MJ Inspired Bowler Bag, which reminds me a little of something from Miss Sixty, if any of you remember that Plaza store, I don't like the bulk it has, and I can't see it being styled well with my current style, and then the winner of the accessories, the MJ Inspired Cat Shoulder Bag which I think is sweet and it a nice wearable piece. The orange leather colour does seem a little too artificial, but I like the shoulder-bag style along with the cat design and the size of the piece - I definitely hope to see this piece getting some reasonable wear =)
Clothing In the clothing there are a lot of short lengths, in fact there's just one pair of trousers and the rest of the pieces are looking like mini skirts and dresses! This doesn't entirely make the store greatly relatable I think, which is a little disappointing. There's also a lot of disco-style going on, very individual pieces in terms of design and style. So there are 7 dresses and 3 skirts in the store. Starting with the skirts are the Leather Mini Skirt, Leather Skirt and Two Tone Jeans Mini Skirt - the mustard tone of the Leather Mini Skirt definitely stands out and really attracts me, possibly also because it's one of the more minimal pieces in the store. I also like the blue tones in the second two skirts, but I very much doubt that they are my style. I'm leaning to the Leather Skirt with it's range of colour panels a little more than the ruffled denim one, but I'm still not sure - I need to see some stylings before making my mind up! And then all those dresses - well, I digress a little, there's also a sweater dress and a playsuit that fall into this category, but dress-like pieces^ Pinks and purples do get a hefty feature, so I like this, I'm just not sure how wearable the items are - the Feather Lace Jumpsuit, Sequined Dress, Scalloped Lace Dress and Ruffle Draped Dress. They are all quite delicate intricate pieces, particularly the Jumpsuit, but they're also all pieces I can't see getting day-to-day wear, they're very evening focused, particularly the Sequined Dress being completely shimmery with a keyhole cutout on the front and with cool puffed sleeves - don't get me wrong, it's a nice dress and the pattern is pretty but I just wouldn't wear it a lot to make it worth buying! Moving on from the feminine tones, the Sequined Mini Dress in a leopard print keeps the shimmering going, I like the style of this being fitted and with long sleeves with a little puffed section at the cuff, and also the polo neck, the length is just a tad short for me - however I do think being this short means you could pair it with some different bottoms and trousers might work out alright with this if they're the right style, so I'm keeping this one on my radar right now! And then there's the Military Dress with similar skirting to the Two Tone Jeans Mini Skirt, I don't really like the camouflage print for my doll, but I think others will. I don't like the top half of this dress either, I don't think the vest style suits it very well or makes it a flattering piece. And lastly the Sweatshirt dress, which I think I'd be sold on if it was a more fitted shorter piece with just the stripes and no pattern on the front - for the stripe design and colours are great! The pattern ontop of that is just a little funky for my doll. Again this is something I haven't seen anyone wear and I think I'd like to as I think it might be worth a chance^ I wish we had the ability to return things to the Plaza if we purchased then decided we didn't want them anymore! Now moving onto tops, the store has 3 on offer - the Sweater, Star Blouse and Cropped Top, and they're all pretty different pieces which I quite like. The Sweater, with a grey base and purple pattern is quite a basic piece and I think pretty wearable. The fit is nice, although I don't like the print on my doll, so sadly I won't be purchasing it. I did get the Star Blouse - I can't pass up a good blouse when I see one! This again has a nice fit and the star pattern makes it a unique one in my blouse collection. The Cropped Top really passed my sights when I first went through the store, I wasn't hugely enamoured by the cut or the heart print on it, but looking again now, I'm quite liking it! Sure I wish it wasn't cropped, but the hearts and colouring are quite nice^ In the outerwear category there are 4 pieces - the one I know I have no interest in is the Feather Jacket, an extravagant piece with beading and lace and big feathers, completely not me, but I'm still umming and ahhing about the other outerwear items! The Military Oversized Jacket, Embroidered Bomber Jacket and Metallic Biker Jacket are all sticking in my head - I like the differences each of them has and they're all pretty unique in our Plaza, it's just deciding if I would wear them enough to make them worth it! The silver Metallic Biker Jacket definitely is holding the front position for a purchase as I've been wanting something like this for a while - it's just taking the step and purchasing it! I like that the Embroidered Bomber Jacket is something compeltely different and unlike me, but it really is something that I don't know how well my doll would wear it! Decisions decisions =D And the final piece to discuss, the only pair of trousers, the Metallic Pants in a pretty silver with a nice wearable fit. I like these on my doll and even though they wouldn't be something I would wear every week, they're the sort of piece that I know wouldn't come around again next week and I think I would regret not purchasing them!
Prices This release ranges from 12 to 39SD's, with most clothing items coming up quite expensive in that range, which is a little disappointing as the pieces are certainly not easily wearable so I'd rather not spend a lot on something I can only wear once or twice. Definitely not affordable for everyone!
Styled Outfits I was feeling quite uninspired when it came to styling these pieces, I think it's just because I've been out of the styling game for a few weeks now and I just need to get back into the swing of things - maybe I'll restyle these pieces in a few weeks time^ First up is the MJ Inspired Star Blouse, I liked the idea of the leathery-effect trousers with it, but I don't like how I've gone for the overall look, the high waist looks goof with the shirt, but too much black I think ... a silver midi skirt is looking very appealing right now! Then secondly the MJ Inspired Leather Mini Skirt, of which I love the colour and also the combination with the mustard sweater, but I think I panicked when I couldn't find much else to work with them and randomly picked a beige coat and booties - I do think booties is a good way to go with this skirt, but maybe not these ones! And lastly, somewhat a success of a look, with the MJ Inspired Cat Shoulder Bag, I went all white to let the orange leather colour stand out, and it definitely does, I love it with this blazer too. Accessorising could have been better, none of my orange pieces were quite the right tone, so I need some more trial and error with that^
Features So as I was a little late to the party on this one, just a few features for you today! Firstly from Mia1435 wearing the MJ Inspired Military Oversized Jacket in this cool-dark-girl styling also featuring some previous Marc Jacobs - I think the bag is a perfect for the jacket in colouring and style. I like the long baggy jeans fitting with the looser style of the jacket and also the deep-v black blouse. The burgundy lip is a perfect beauty choice and the tousled hair is spot on =)
And then also pandaribbon - styling the usual 4 looks from this store incredibly well! I'm very impressed and it really sells me all of the pieces styled even though I know I couldn't wear them even a fraction this well. I particularly like the second look - the MJ Inspired Leather Skirt paired with the pink polo and leather jacket, the colours are great together and make such a fun combination - and the last look with the MJ Inspired Embroidered Bomber Jacket which I really doubted at first but this look rocks, love the ruffled skirt and the use of blues in the styling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment