f

Monday 17 September 2018

S U B C O U T U R E S T Y L I N G S | Save or Sell

I'm really bad at selling things! I always look at a piece I'm not sure about in my wardrobe and think 'but maybe I will wear this in the future' - I need to learn the lesson that if I haven't worn it in the past few years since buying it, it's unlikely I will wear it! But I always panic buy^ And probably always will! So I came up with something new 'S A V E O R S E L L' - styling up those pieces I'm not so sure about to really make me decide if I should save it for the future, or just go ahead and sell it now! Not sure how regular this will be, maybe once a month or so, when I find pieces that fit the category^ This time it's some Subcouture pieces that I've never worn since purchasing!

M O R G A N L A N E I N S P I R E D T O P
First up the Morgan Lane Inspired Top, which I really liked when it was released, but I just never used over the summer despite it being the perfect summer piece - I think I was just a little lazy with it to persevere and find the right items to wear with it. The colour is also a little different, it's not quite a navy (easy to wear) and the spots aren't quite silver (also easy to wear^), but now that I've spent time with it, I'm a lot happier with it! First up going for darker blues with this Dior combination, which I think works well because these have a mix of tones going on in them too, and I think the blues are just about right. The darker accessories pop just the right amount - I really like this look! And secondly something else I really quite love! The printing on these trousers is fairly similar, but I loved the idea that they had the darker base and lighter print like this top - I think they're great together! Silver shoes just to add a little dazzle, and this grey-esque bag suits the trousers perfectly, I'm really pleased with this one as well. So this shirt is definitely a S A V E, but will I make the most of it from now one? I'd like to think I will!

B A L E N C I A G A I N S P I R E D S T R E C T H C R E P E D R E S S
Secondly the Balenciaga Inspired Stretch Crepe Dress, and given that I only styled one look I think the outcome might be obvious! I like the idea of the style of this piece with the navy on top and the floral skirt, and initially I did like the unique shape and design of the skirt, but I just could never get it to work in looks and so I gave up - I did manage a look this time, and while it's not bad, I quite like the colours in the combination, it's not my favourite look and I probably wouldn't wear it again. Loving this navy and yellow though, but this piece is one to S E L L in my Bazaar!

J A C Q U E M U S I N S P I R E D S H I R T
So much adoration for the Jaqcuemus Inspired Shirt when it was released, I love the brand and the designs so I was excited to have this, but then promptly never wore it! I think because I was being quite one-minded and though that the burgundy trousers (in the second look) were the only thing to wear with it and I featured someone in the review wearing it like that, that then I couldn't also wear the combination ... not sure what I was thinking?! Anyway, I did put together that pairing and had a lot of fun choosing accessories, I love seeing belts styled under this shirt and just seeing half of it, that looks really nice and you could go for so many styles to pop like that. Also love this fuzzy bag with the look too^ For the first look I went lighter toned with the white trousers, and I really really love this look, I think it's the texture of the trousers being a great fit for the shirt style. Bags in burgundy and shoes in black to match the rest of the shirt colours, this is something I'd definitely wear again! So yep, this one is another S A V E - just need the confidence to try a wider range of colours with it =)

1 comment: