f

Wednesday 4 January 2017

I N S P I R E D B Y C H A N E L | Tribute Review

What might be the final Tribute this winter season, and one I think we've been expecting - Inspired By Chanel! Generally Chanel offers some great pieces for the wardrobe, so the name alone definitely raises some excitement for me as something new in the Plaza, so lets get on and take a look!
Highlights This release features the usual two floors of items with 8 different looks with quite a street theme amongst the pieces. I quite like this idea for the typically-classic store and I think a lot of others will too, and I think people will definitely make the most of the pieces. I also quite like the interior of the wiring boxes and mixing of technology with fashion and style. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this release!
Accessories Alike the last Tributes, the collection is pretty minimal on the accessories front, but I don't mind this so much because some of them are pretty great! There are two pairs of shoes, flats with the Silver Suede Flats and then cool heeled boots with the Futuristic Shoes. I really like the second pair, the laser-cut pattern looks great and the shape is pretty awesome too. There are also two bags, both of which I love and look forward to styling, the Green Box Bag and the Tweed Boy Bag. The colours of the two fit together very well and I think they're a good pair to include in the release. And then there are a handful of other accessory pieces included too. The jewellery is sweet and oh-so-Chanel with the Large Diamonds Necklace and two single earrings, the Camelia Earring and Oversized Earring which are in sweet blue and pink pastel shades, for me I'm still quite liking my earrings in pairs though, so I'd be looking to buy two of each rather than go with the trend of just one^ And in the more streetstyle category, the Sea Code Sunglasses, Multi Colour Cap and Glitter Baseball Cap - the caps are styled in the sideways manner, and I think I'm quite tempted by these pieces. Although I don't have any style ideas for them now, I think they could work quite well.
Clothing Now the clothing, where the excitement definitely lies, and it's hard to decide where to begin! Overall there is that typical Chanel feel with the use of the tweed material in several pieces including the Pink Shift Dress and Tweed Jacket pair, the Ruffled Sleeve Bomber, and the matching Blue Tweed Jacket and Skirt. The colours are very bright and vibrant and really help make the store an attractive addition to the Plaza - I also think these colours will be perfect for the coming spring season =) There's just one pair of trousers available in the store, the Patent Leather Pants, and I'm pretty happy that they come with a matching cami, the Halter Top, and a matching jacket, the Patent Leather Jacket. I really like the inclusion of this look and I'm super excited to style the pieces! The rest of the store really has a focus on skirts, and the pieces on offer are reasonably versatile I'd say. There's the feminine pink Midi Lace Skirt with sheer segments and great length, then the more neutral styled Black White Tweed Skirt and then patterned Multi Colour Skirt. Plus these 3 skirts work really nicely with the two other tops on offer - the Ruffled Oversized Blouse and Oversized Silk Blouse, both of which I love so much and I'm totally excited for, they're super versatile and I think their styles will please a lot of people! And the last piece to mention, which is definitely up there as one of my favourites, the Chanel Sweater Dress which is styled and designed beautifully and has a perfect minimal-Scandi-vibe about it which I think really gives it an added appeal! It looks great on the doll and the tone of the colour is fab, definitely a winner!
Prices The release pieces cost between 8 and 31SD's, which is on par with this seasons Tribute prices. And there aren't any SS/Royalty only items included, which is great. I'm happy with the prices and think everything is definitely on track =)
Styled Outfits I bought a looooot from this release - definitely too much to fit into this post, so I'll be styling the bags tomorrow in a challenge post and a few of the other items over on What I Wore On Stardoll over the next week or so, but here my first 3 looks! And they're all looking fairly similar on the colour scheme front, but I didn't plan that^ First on the left is the Black White Tweed Skirt and I think it does look quite like a faded grey denim here and the black and white clothes are a good fit to let the piece stand out. I like how casual the skirt looks, it's firmly a versatile piece^ In the middle are the Patent Leather Pants which I knew would be a must-buy for me and it only really took seconds for me to choose out pieces to pair with these, which surprisingly included this silver polo but which works very well. Loved choosing the fur jacket to contrast the patent of the trousers, and couldn't resist going for an older Chanel bag which is a really good fit for this style =) And lastly on the right is the Chanel Sweater Dress which I stayed very minimal for as the piece has a lot going on with the different textures and the lace and all. This coat works well as a heavier piece to contrast the light material. Minimal on the accessories but going a little onto the glamorous side with this sparkling silver bag!
Features And now quite a few features for you from this new release! First up, 3 styles with the rather popular Ruffled Oversized Blouse all making it look pretty different. So this one from Jesika_Stem also includes the Tweed Boy Bag and I think both pieces look great against the denim base of the wide jeans. Also love the inclusion of these blue shoes with the white socks, they look great and wintery, and fit well with the white pieces on the top half of the look =)
Next with just the Ruffled Oversized Blouse is 3melekbir_arada choosing an all white look and going with minimal materials to really make the ruffles stand out. I really like the use of the mesh at the waistline and the ankles to give a little detail to the outfit. Also liking that lip choice, definitely striking against the white and with those hopped earrings =)
And last with the Ruffled Oversized Blouse, but also with the Camelia Earring worn as a pair, is kladiaaa =) Again, another good styling for the top with the contrast and more edgy material of the trousers. The earrings look great paired with these cool-framed glasses and I do like the inclusion of this previous Chanel bag too, it's very fitting!
Next up choosing the Pink Tweed Jacket is ashleybaby93 looking very sleek and stylish! I think the look really sells the jacket, I particularly like it with this sheeny cami top and paired with yellow and blue accessories, very different but also fitting - I like it^
And last up something very different, SpaceShine wearing the Sea Code Sunglasses and Glitter Baseball Cap in this very street-style look! The pieces are perfect for this look, definitely fitting in well with the cropped oversized puffa jacket and denim jeans. The other accessories are good too with the use of mesh on the choker and socks, again using a previous Chanel bag which slides into the look well =D

No comments:

Post a Comment