f

Tuesday 30 July 2024

I N S P I R E D B Y C H L O E | Tribute Review

The third Tribute of the season - it's Chloe! This is one I'm so excited to see because I really love the designs and vibes of Chloe collections. This is our first stand-alone Chloe release, back in 2012 there was a floor of Chloe as part of a Harrods release, but it was more of a youth release back then and this is such a step up - totally something I never actually dreamed would happen. So let's get in and see what the store includes:
Again, this is a three-floor release with a total of 18 looks with several items available in both male and female versions. I for one, really love the collection. Sure, I did have different visions for my expectations when I heard it was a Chloe release but I think its a real good 'un! So first up, the accessories. There are 7 pairs of shoes available, which is a good number for the size of the collection. The pair that caught my attention the most are the Maroon Thigh High Boots which just look amazing, the perfect Autumn/Winter boot. Love the high leg design and the colour is fabulous, plus the patent leather they are made from with the sheen on the foot. The Green Wrap Heels are also very attractive, I love the minimal strapped design to them and the deep green colour is beautiful, again, I can see these in Autumnal looks. The Congac Clogs are also a cute option, they remind me a lot of the Chanel shoes from the first release of that Tribute. These have very boho vibes, just so classic Chloe^ There are 4 bags in the release, they are nice styles but I had hoped a little for some of the very well recognised designs. I really like both the Leather Buckle Bag and the Bangle Purse, both are black with gold details with the first bringing a shoulder bag design and the second being hand-held. Both really look versatile and I think will be great in my collection for years to come. There are 3 belts in the store, all are gold, so not ideal if you prefer other metals, but one, the Gold Tassel Belt is in SC which is a great option. For me, I love the Chloe Belt (available for both male and female dolls), it looks fab and really stands out well in the store and looks great on the doll. Can't wait to see this be styled! The jewellery pieces are also all in gold, I adore the Horse Necklace. A horse motif is completely something I associate with Chloe collections from years ago, so this piece is perfect for me and I can't wait to wear it. The final accessory piece to mention are the Pink Aviators, super cute piece, of course I can't resist sunglasses. These have a really nice shape to them and I think the colour isn't something I've got on a pair of sunglasses already.
Now onto the clothing. The first floor is very light in terms of colour and fabrics and I love this as an opening, it really does feel Chloe to me. There are three dresses in the floor, two being cream and one brown. The Flower Applique Dress is beautiful, it's a mesh piece completely covered in flowers, and I love the puff sleeves and the maxi length, it looks great on the doll! Also love the look of the Oversized Sleeves Mini Dress which is in a neutral brown but all the detail comes from those sleeves. Love the design of the main body of the dress too, the pleating down the front looks really good - I can see great accessorising options for this one already. The White Sparkle Top and Skirt co-ord is cute and a fab Spring/Summer set, I definitely prefer the Skirt as I think it will work really nicely individually too, the gold is super cute on it for pairing accessories with. The Tan Velvet Bodysuit feels more Autumn/Winter but I absolutely love it, love the velvet and the colour and I think this will be such a fun piece to style up with other brown tones and burgundies. Final piece to mention here is the Fringe Leather Jacket, such a great design, that fringing is fabulous. The colour is definitely unique in a nudey-pink, I think it will be a little of a challenge to find complementary colours to work with it, but it's a challenge I'm up for. The second floor has darker vibes overall but also brings some colour. The first piece I am drawn to is the Green Trench Coat in fabulous sheeny fabric, the colour is so beautiful! Again, a much more Autumn/Winter based piece, but a great one at that. Also in colour is the Rose Tank Maxi Dress, I really love this piece for the colour, it's so beautiful, and I love the skirting of this piece. The sheer fabric is a challenge I'm willing to take on. The Maroon Knit Top also has a beautiful colour, the mesh is an interesting design element but I really like it for the colour. The last pieces to mention are the co-ord of the Navy Sweater and Navy Sweater Shorts, this is such a cute set, love the cardigan design with the layering and the gold buttons - it's really not like anything else we've had in the Plaza. The Shorts are super cute with it, but for me I'm not so sure how I'd style them. The third and final floor is also dark in theme but with less colour additions. For me, this floor isn't as strong as the first two. I'm a little tempted by the Black Leather Pants, but the fit of these on the doll isn't great, and the Leather Shirt also looks good, but it does look very similar to another shirt I already have. The one real temptation is the Maroon Velvet Dress, love the colour of this and I think the design is quite sweet. Again, a perfect Autumn piece and I think it will layer really nicely as well.

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features is Bianca.Vos with two fabulous outfits. The first look uses the White Ruffle Dress and looks amazing, so angelic with this one. The dress layers beautifully with the trousers and I think that really helps with making those ruffle details stand out. Love the gold accessories here, really all working perfectly together. The second styling uses the Green Trench Coat and is a perfect Autumn styling, the green really is perfect with the bronzed trousers, I love that pairing so much. Also loving the green top underneath, it's really a perfect match for the jacket^
Next we have France25 styling up the Pink Capelet - and several of them at that! This is a fun way to style the collection, the multiple resized jackets look fab and creative. The pink colour looks amazing against the grey of the skirt and blazer combination. The pleather of the jackets looks great against the soft light fabric of the skirt. Such a fun styling!
Here is the ever-fabulous Harpie in the Nude Slip Dress and also the Gold Tassel Belt looking absolutely fabulous! This is a piece I really like the look of, but on my doll it just doesn't look great because the colour is too close to my skin tone, but on harpie, it's fantastic^ The dress stands out beautifully and has been styled well - I love the additions of the shimmering sleeve and the tulle one-shouldered top, they really transform the dress. The accessories are great final touches, especially loving the bag and belt combination, thats great =)

S T Y L I N G S
Now for my looks. I ended up buying a lot of pieces, so there will be more looks to come for sure, but three to start with. First up, the Navy Sweater and Leather Buckle Bag - the bag has almost a navy hue to it so I thought these would look good together, the gold buttons on the cardigan definitely pair them nicely. I decided to continue with gold in the look and this light skirt really adds a brightness to the styling, I really love the colour contrast. Simple gold accessories at the top and black heels at the bottom add a nice balance. Next are the Fringe Leather Jacket and Maroon Thigh High Boots, not pieces I was originally planning to pair together but when I tried this skirt with the boots, I knew I had to try out the jacket because of the pink tones in the tartan. I really like the outcome! I didn't really have any peachy-pink accessories to pair well with the jacket, so I stuck with burgundy, but I think it still looks good and I'm happy with the outcome. The jacket seems more of a Spring piece, so I would go for more of a Spring styling with it next time. And finally, a number of pieces, the Horse Necklace, Chloe Belt, Rose Tank Maxi Dress and Pink Aviators! I really love the colour of this dress a lot, and as soon as I paired it with this burgundy top I was in love with the pairing. I continued that with the accessories and added some gold to pair with the detail on the bag - so much love for this look =)

1 comment: