f

Monday 15 July 2024

I N S P I R E D B Y M I U M I U | Tribute Review

Honestly for me this year has gone so quickly, so this Tribute season came completely unexpected! What a pleasant surprise =D Kicking off the season this year is Inspired by Miu Miu which is the second year in a row we've had something from this brand, and I'm not complaining because I really liked the release last year. The advertisement shows a nice mix of styles and I'm really liking the vibes the looks have - as per last time, there is a free dress you can get from the store if you top up and I really quite like this one. Let's get into the store:
The release has 3 packed floors, with a total of 17 female looks and 1 male look, with several pieces available in both male and female versions. Now I will say I do think last years Miu Miu release was better, it just had more pieces to my taste and that I immediately gravitated towards. It also felt a bit more cohesive as a collection compared to this one. Nevertheless, there are still some great pieces on first glance in this collection and I can see a few that I need to have!
Starting with accessories. There are 5 pairs of shoes, and I would say there is a range of styles and options to choose from. The pair that will be post popular I'm guessing will be the Black Penny Loafers which are in a black patent leather - the design is nice, but it's a style of shoe which just isn't for me. While I do normally gravitate away from flat shoes, something about the Congac Ballet Flats really has me interested. Love the colour on these a lot, plus the sheen they have - I think I'm going to give them a go, stay tuned for my report on if it's love or hate with these! The Duo Colour Pumps are also a super cute retro pair, I love the chunky heel on these and I can see them looking super cute in various outfits, they're just not so much for me. There are also 5 bags in the release which are basically 3 designs, with 2 available in 2 colours each. The Mini Purse comes in both Brown and Black, for me there just isn't enough of something special about this tiny bag to make me want to buy either seeing as we've had similar before and even though I think tiny bags are cute, experience tells me I just don't wear then because they're too small haha XD But they have a nice design if a tiny bag is something you're in the market for. On the otherhand, I really love the Pouch Bag which comes in both Canvas and Black, the bucket bag style is really nice and I think these ones both look great. The Canvas option combines both a light body with a tan leather strap detail. The size of these is also great, for me it works perfectly. Then there are a few other accessory items. I really love the Green Jewel Necklace and matching Green Deco Earrings, these have a lovely vintage style to them and are pieces I can see myself wearing, and I also think the prices are great for these items. The Miu Miu Choker and Miu Miu Chain Earrings are also very nice jewellery pieces. I can't resist a good pair of sunglasses, so of course I had to get the Black Sunglasses - honestly these look great, and I'm delighted to add them to my collection of almost identical black sunglasses^ While it does look like there are belts in the release, these are all attached to clothing, which isn't so ideal.
Now onto the clothing, the easiest thing is to do it by floor. The first floor is quite dressy, there's gold and silver and glamour. Both the gold pieces are super cute, the Gold Deep V Dress is a sheer sleeveless knee-length dress which will be a great layering piece, while the Gold Turtleneck Dress is a retro mini length but it's a little on the loose side, I'd prefer something more fitted. There are two other dresses on this floor, the Yellow Mini Dress which is in such a sweet colour but is more of a casual style, and also the Peep Hole Dress which is simple and fitted but with a large cutout in the front. I really love the coat on this floor, the Grey Oversized Coat, which has slight oversizing, elbow-length sleeves and is in such a beautiful blue-grey colour. There is a pretty silver brooch on the front too. The last item I want to mention from this floor is the Embellished Brown Coat, this was the first piece to catch my eye in the release and honestly I love it - it's got a purple hue to it and sparkles all over and it just looks amazing, like a perfect Autumnal dressy jacket, I can't wait to wear it! The second floor is very preppy, it's all about those pleats, shirts and blazers - which will be popular for sure, but isn't so much my style. The good thing with this floor is several pieces have both male and female versions. The second look on the left really caught my eye with the Maroon Blazer, this colour really looks great, again this piece will be great for Autumn. I really quite like the look of the Cropped Cream Tank underneath it, I like the neutral base paired with the burgundy stripe detail around the neckline, it really stands out to me. The Oversized Cream Sweater also has a similar colour palate, so I think it will also be a popular piece. I also quite like the look of the Cropped Sailor Shirt, it's a simple piece in white but the sailor-style collar is quite eye-catching, it's been done very nicely, I like that the fit isn't too cropped and also has a good amount of loose-fit around the body. The third and final floor is a bit mixed with styles, there's a lot of leather going on mixed with some bright colours. The piece here that really caught my attention is the Green Puffer Jacket, it's another piece that's very Autumn/Winter, I just think the colour is eye-catching and something that we don't have a lot of in the Plaza. It's a versatile colour so I think it will be a really fun one to style up. The last piece to mention is the Leather Handkerchief Top, which is a bustier black leather piece. Now this isn't so much something I would wear, but from past pieces I can tell will be a popular option (it's very similar to a Prada top we've had before).

F E A T U R E S
First up is Bianca.Vos styling the Scrunched Blue Blazer and Grey Socks in this stylish preppy outfit. The blazer is just perfect for this trend, it looks great with the tweed skirt chosen, but would also work with many others that we have. I really like the long length of both the blazer and skirt together. The cardigan and tee layered underneath is also super cute^ And the socks and heels styling is perfect to complete the style.
Next we have harpie wearing the Gold Deep V Dress in this beautiful metallic look that looks set for a Bollywood movie^ I love the layering with this one, the pieces just work great together especially the long tulle skirting in the back. Love the accessories and beauty styling as always, such a stunning hairstyle in particular, so luscious!
The next look comes from mery.- who wears the Embellished Brown Coat. In fact, in this doll's styling from the last release, this one actually uses the same pair of trousers, what a coincidence - they're perfect in both ways! The mix of colours is great in this look, the coat really has purple hues against the pretty pale pink and the dark green and burgundy of the trousers and shoes really grounds the dark tones in the coat - a really fab balance. Of course, also love seeing this LE bag get a styling, think it looks fab there^
And lastly we have our very own miloshki styling the Low Rise Leather Skirt in a fun street-style way. The skirt pops in the look by being the only dark and leather piece, I love the black against the brown of this over-elbow jacket, the styles are great together. The sweater adds a preppy Miu Miu-esque vibe to the look and I think the trainers and socks are a perfect balance against that top half of the look =)

S T Y L I N G S
Now for my looks - I picked up a few other pieces than those features here, so I'm sure they'll be on my doll soon. First up the Cropped Cream Tank and Canvas Pouch Bag - when I first saw this top, immediately pairing it with these trousers was what came to mind, and I'm pleased with the outcome. I couldn't find a jacket to work with this, but I think it still looks good. I kept the other additions simple, these nude heels are super neutral and I was able to add some more red in this necklace which I'm really loving in this look =) Next are a number of pieces, the Green Puffer Jacket, Black Sunglasses, Green Jewel Necklace, Black Short Gloves and Black Pouch Bag. I started with the jacket and then the other pieces all just fell on there haha! This is definitely an Autumn/Winter look rather than Summer but I wanted to include it anyway because I really like it, the green with the dark black and navy really pops, and I'm so happy with my decision to layer the necklace ontop of the jacket, love it there as a collar clip^ And finally the Yellow Mini Dress which I think suits my doll super well in the colour. I did struggle a little with styling this because I didn't really want to cover up much of it, but I like the final look. The white collar was perfect to add white into the look, I think this over-shoulder jacket is great with it. Love this classic Summer bag and these cute yellow glasses there in the hand, a perfect finishing touch =)

2 comments:

  1. I loved all the looks you created, each one with its own style and showing your perspective. I didn't fall in love with the collection, but I acquired the pieces, overall you can put together cool looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely entry as always my dear! thanks.

    ReplyDelete