f

Monday 22 July 2024

I N S P I R E D B Y J E A N P A U L G A U L T I E R | Tribute Review

Our second Tribute of the Summer 2024 season is here - Jean Paul Gaultier! We've had a couple of JPG releases in the Museum Mile store previously, but actually only one other stand-alone Tribute release and that was all the way back in 2012 (seriously, where did 12 years go?!). Now I wasn't a huge fan of the brand back then, and honestly I'm still not, it's just not my style personally, but let's jump in and see what's on offer this time:
As is standard for Tributes now it seems, the release is 3 floors with a total of 14 looks - with 6 of these looks being available in both male and female-sized clothing, which gives pretty good options. Now overall, this release is still not really my thing, however I do think there are some really nice individual pieces that can work for anyone. The release feels quite mixed, with half the pieces feeling quite Wintery and some quite Summery. Accessories-wise, there are quite a few pairs of shoes to choose from. I quite like the Pearl Toe Ring Heels which have a modern perspex body to them with a silver platform, the tiny pearl is super sweet. There aren't any bags in the release, however there are several jewellery and headwear pieces. The Flower Puff Earrings are so pretty and elegant. Both the Cream Sailors Cap and Red Beaded Sailors Cap have surprisingly caught my eye, I really quite like how they look on the doll and they're definitely unique pieces to the Plaza. Next onto the clothing. On the first floor I really liked the tulle fabrics of the Tulle Corset Dress in pretty nude with fabulous sparkling details on the bodice, and the Red Beaded Mini Dress in it's base of pink with fantastic red floral detailing, these two pieces alone are just stand out! Also on the beaded theme is the Black Beaded Bra, this is very pretty with red floral details. In the store this is paired with the Black Maxi Skirt which is a fab basic in this release, and is priced in SC's which is great. The Black Trousers are also a pretty simple item, I love the velvet texture they have to them, but the oversized style of them isn't so much for me - but I can see these being popular. The second floor has a lot going on, it's all about different textures and details. My eyes immediately went to the Green Rouched Coat for it's beautiful bottle green colour, it's stunning! It's also super detailed, the ruching looks great and I can see this being a perfect Autumn/Winter piece. On the contrary, the Blue Puff Sleeve Crop and Bejeweled Corset Shorts pairing is super Spring/Summer with the light colours the tiny length of the shorts. I love these colours together though, it's super refreshing. I would love to see someone styling up the Sheer Illuminati Dress to see how wearable and versatile it is, it's sheer and quite bulky in shape, but I really like the green detailing. The final floor is a little more extravagant in style and really not so much for me, but I do like the look of the Gold Embroidered Trousers - simple but with very nice detailing around the waist. They do have a wide-leg fit, but are high waisted which is why I prefer them over the other pair of black trousers.

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features, the always fabulous harpie wearing the Black Lace Cape in such a cool-girl way^ This is a piece I just couldn't imagine how in could be worn in a more everyday way, and this outfit completely ticks all the boxes, so perfect for it! The lace looks amazing with the floral print of the trousers, and the loose tee with the long necklaces adds a cool casual vibe. Love the accessorising all over this one =)
Secondly is Sieg who goes super simple with the Cream Sailors Cap, again, a piece I wasn't sure how it would look styled but this look completely proves me wrong that it can work well in a daily look. The light silk colour really balances perfectly with the pleated skirt, the sailor style is really great with pleating I think. The dark blazer gives a highlighting contrast to the styling, while the trainers and socks give it a cool casual vibe, totally something I could style up too^
And finally is BeatriceFashion in both the Cream Sailors Cap and White Sheer Dress. Sure, it's not super adventurous but the look effectively highlights the pieces from the release while remaining stylish^ The dress, of course, really speaks for itself, but I think it's styled nicely with the little sheer gloves too, a perfect complementary accessory. The shoes are simple but a perfect colour against the hat. The earrings are a perfect final touch, so perfect with the details on the dress =D

S T Y L I N G S
And for my stylings - as well as these pieces I also picked up the Black Maxi Skirt, which I'm sure will get a lot of wear. First up here are the Gold Embroidered Trousers which were super easy to style. They have such a nice fit on the doll too. I kept it simple with a black base to the look and focused on those gold details, for sure a favourite way to dress for me^ I think the pieces really work perfectly together highlighting the trousers in this styling. Next up is the Blue Puff Sleeve Crop in the brightest look of the set, this was such a fun piece to style and I found this an easy outfit to put together. Once I tried on the bag with the top I was really sold on the pairing, a perfect shade of blue in the strap and the light beige of the body is a fresh combination for me which I had to continue with in this belt choice. The light trousers keep the look perfect for Summer, I'm really so pleased with this styling! And finally the Green Rouched Coat in another dark look, but also another look that came together easily. I knew I wanted to wear these boots with the coat, and the two go together as perfectly as I had hoped. I tried out quite a few different colours for bags, but loved this one for not only the colour but also the texture against the ruching on the coat. The gold chain pops nicely and I continued with gold in the earrings and glasses. Another look I love! 

1 comment: