f

Saturday 13 July 2024

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N #52 | Release Review

Finally a brand new LE release, it's LE52 and it comes quite some time after the previous collection. This came out on the 7th of June 2024 so that was a 7-month break between collections. Let's get on in and see the collection:
I think this release is a really nice size, there are 3 floors and a total of 16 looks, with 2 of them having both male and female-sized pieces, which I like as an option. I do think the overall vibe of the release is nice, but it's not something hugely new, we get a lot of these glamorous gown-based releases and I think I'm ready for something different from LE. In the past there were a good mix of styles and it's getting a bit same-y for me - of course that didn't stop me picking up a few pieces! 
First up, the accessories! There are 5 pairs of shoes to choose from with metallics being a big factor in their design. The pairs which really stood out to me were the Pearl Net Booties which are a fabulous Chanel-inspired pair of boots that I can see being perfect in Autumn with that beige colouring, and also the Braided Crystal Heels which are a super stylish mule heel, sure they're nothing unique in idea but they look fabulous^ There are 4 bags to choose from in a range of styles. I really like the Shell Purse, it doesn't seem to fit the rest of the collection too much, but I think it's super cute for Summer stylings. The piece I was really on the fence about was the Swan Purse, it's very niche in it's style but it's covered in sparkles and I somehow think it's quite fabulous?! Well, I bought it on a whim, so let's see how I think about it after trying to wear it XD There are quite a few jewellery and other accessory items in the release, I picked up the Gold Linked Earrings as these are the piece most to my style, but I do think a lot of the items are quite wearable which is really nice to see. The Laurel Leaf Belt looks pretty cool too, although we've had a few leaf belts over the years.
Onto the clothing next - as I said, it's a lot of gowns and the styles of some are quite vivacious, so really won't be to everyone's taste. The first floor of the release is all black and silver, and I think that actually does a really nice job at drawing you into the collection - despite being close in colour, the designs are all unique. The Diamond Couture Dress sure stands out with all those elaborate explosions of diamonds from the top part of the dress - I'd love to see someone style this up creatively. The Dragonfly Screen is certainly something unique, it looks great and seems like it will have some versatility to it as well. The Crossed Arm Cape is a very interesting piece, I really like the idea of this and think it looks great, just not for me, so it's another piece I'm looking forward to seeing styled. I did pick up the combination of the Diamond Swan Blazer and Ruffle Skirt, I think these pieces will look great separately. There have been a few skirts similar to this one released in the past and I've more than once had regrets that I didn't get it, so this time I'm trying it out! The second floor of the release has more of a gold theme, but I'm not really feeling too much love for any of these pieces - the gold isn't quite the right shade for me. I do like the look of the Gold Chevron Dress but I just have no idea how I would style it. From this floor I did however pick up the Sequin Bodysuit because I love the pink/purple colour it has and really thought this would be fun to work with. And of course, I can't resist the most neutral pieces of a collection - I also got the White Blouse and Draped White Trousers, both super simple and versatile pieces that I'm the most looking forward to adding to my wardrobe. The third and final floor is a bit more of a mix of eclectic styles - not so much my thing, I do like the look of the Ruched White Skirt, but with the train I'm not sure about styling it, so I've passed on it this time. The Mugler Whispy Dress is very similar to designs we've had before, I think it's cute but nothing hugely special/unique.

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features is Claudentia wearing the Shell Purse in this super feminine and ethereal look. I love the use of all the light (in both weight and colour) fabrics in the look against the harder pieces in the bag, I think they balance against the straw style well. The pearls of the jewellery are a perfect tie-in for those details in the bag, really love it^
And then we also have fergaysson who wears the Sequin Bodysuit in a great wearable way^ These shorts add a smart touch, and I think the grey colouring is a fantastic choice against the purple and silver sequins. The chain belt is also great here, it almost looks like part of the bodysuit. The white accessories really pop, they stand out well, I think the chunky design of the necklace is a good balance to the delicate details on the bodysuit, such a great combination overall =D

S T Y L I N G S
First up I styled the White Blouse and Draped White Trousers, so dreamy together, but did both work separately when I tried them with other pieces (just couldn't resist together for this post). These fit the doll beautifully and are so easy to add to. I picked matching light accessories and highlighted some golds in the look. I think the open neckline of the blouse is great and a perfect opportunity for necklaces. Next is the Ruffle Skirt which I just think is a great piece, I'm so glad I picked this up and now I really don't want to take off this outfit! It's different for me, more glam than a daily look that I would normally go for, but so fun^ This sparkly bodysuit worked perfectly with the skirt, and made for a good base to also add these shoes to as they have a very similar sparkly style. I kept accessories simple in silver and black and I think that made for an effective styling =) And finally the Diamond Swan Blazer, Swan Purse and Braided Crystal Heels, these pieces just work great together. I really wanted to make the swan items work together and red was the first addition I could think of to highlight the beak on the bag. I love the loose fit of this skirt, somehow it makes the blazer seem like a great office-wear choice, which is funny because sparkling swans don't seem 'office' at all. The shoes were the perfect addition, keeping it simple to let those swans stand out!

No comments:

Post a Comment