f

Saturday 3 August 2024

S U B C O U T U R E | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

It's Subcouture weekend! I was excited to see that this would be coming, however the release for me is  quite disappointing - nothing like what Subcouture has represented in the Plaza in the past. To me it's a little more reminiscent of Tingeling Halloween Couture releases. I did pick up a couple of accessories to style, but first sharing some looks with what is clearly the most popular piece, the Green Sheer Dress. First up here is Sarah_1980 who also includes the Kriester Sunglasses in the look. The dress is layered with a top strap and some denim pants, and I think the green against the denim is a nice look. I particularly love the boots in the look, such fun Western-style vibes added and I think they look great with the layering of the hem of the dress.
Next up is Millaxx, opting to layer up with more greens, this specific shade is a perfect match with the dress and I think they work well enough there that the dress still has all the focus. The accessories are kept neutral, I think these shades of brown are super complementary with the green and really bring lighter vibes to the dress versus how it's highlighted in the store.
And the final feature comes from harpie who layers up on top and really sells the piece as a skirt, which highlights some versatility in the piece. I love all the additions here, the tulle skirt layers really stand out well agains the green skirt beneath. The silver floral of the top looks great too, the tone really is a perfect one to pair with the greens =)
Now I did also pick up the Green Sheer Dress to try out, and I did enjoy styling it - I found quite a few options for layering beneath it, but did struggle with choosing the right accessories. I'm really loving these earrings with the dress though, those are fab, just lacking the perfect silvery green bag to finish it off, this one is an ok choice for now. Next up are the Pearl Teardrop Sunglasses which are just so pretty, love these a lot, definitely the top piece in the collection for me. I knew I wanted to add some more pearls to the look, and once adding these booties, the look came together immediately in my mind - love this one so much and that colour combination is absolutely perfect for Autumn, I'll be pulling this one out again for sure! And last up are the Kriester Sunglasses and Tartan Mini Handbag, this look also came together fast because I knew I wanted to add some more tartan to the look, and with the sheen to the glasses I wanted to add a patent shoe. The rest of the neutral black really balanced out to let those features stand out in the outfit. Again, this is a perfect Autumn styling and I can't wait to wear it again.

1 comment: