f

Saturday 9 December 2023

S U B C O U T U R E | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

It's Subcouture weekend again! This weekend we have time to decide which of the latest limited pieces we want - I was quite excited for this release as I didn't so much love the last one, so let's get in and see what we have on offer this time:
So for me this collection, much like the last one, didn't really hit the mark. There's not a range of styles, and a number of the other stores have had a similar style in the last few months - for me this would have been perfect for a Winter release of some great layering pieces, and it's the same street-style and type of style pieces we've had a number of times. While I've picked up two pieces and styled them below, I find this one a little disappointing sadly - would love to hear your thoughts too!
Anyway, I did find a couple of features to share too. First up is tete who styles the Silver Top in a look that I think works perfectly for it. This is a piece I thought could work with layering, but this outfit highlights that it looks great without. The trousers are sleek, but I particularly love the accessory additions, the gloves with their jewels are just fantastic^ And the silver pointed shoes complete the look nicely.
And then we have DIORian wearing the One Sleeve Top which I think looks really great in this outfit, and I like that it works well with pieces that weren't from the same collection. The colour of the top looks great with the wash of the denim on the skirt, and it layers really well with the accessory pieces, especially the cross 'top'. I really like this, it doesn't make me want to buy the piece, but I appreciate that this outfit looks fantastic!
Now for my looks. The first is with the Brown Furry Coat which is definitely one of the most versatile pieces from the release and I can see it working well for many styles and dolls. I opted for beige tones with these trousers and found the look easy to accessorise with brown pieces, I really love these boots with the coat and also this crossbody bag. This was an easy piece to style, so I can see that I'll wear it again a few times this Winter season. Then I also picked up the Black Leather Pants which I thought looked good on my doll and were very flattering. These were also easy to style, they're something a bit different for me, so I don't think I'll wear these often, but they might be handy to have around. I liked silver with them and opted for that with almost all of my additions to them for the styling. I also liked the loose fit of the trousers with the oversizing of this blazer.

No comments:

Post a Comment