f

Tuesday 14 February 2023

I N S P I R E D B Y F E N D I | Tribute Review

Tribute number 4 of the season - and it's Fendi! Plus this release looks back a little to the early Fendi releases with a focus only on accessories. I love a fresh burst of accessories, so no complaints from me and I love a little revisit to old ideas too^ Let's take a look at this release:
The main difference between the previous releases and this one is that this one is solely bags whilst the other two releases did include other accessory pieces and there were also a range of bag styles included where this is focused on the baguette style. I don't mind this, but understand that it won't be to everyones taste. This release has 25 bags in a wide range of colours and designs to choose from - I love a good variety and I do think there is something for everyone with this choice. My one complaint about this release are the prices, these bags come with a hefty price tag which is a little disappointing. The prices range from 36 to 72SD's which I think is a bit ridiculous especially for a non-limited collection and it will really put a number of members off the release. The more simple pieces are at the lower end of the price range, but I do think these are classics - The Baguette #3, #4 and #5 are fabulous pieces from the store at the lower end of this range but are by no means lesser in design. The black, red and pearlescent colours of the bags are great and versatile, these pieces will see you through a number of looks and they are definitely pieces I'm excited to style! I particularly like the hanging strap design that is seen on #3 and #5 amongst other pieces in the collection. There are also some other one-colour bags on offer, I particularly love the #1 which is in a navy and I know I will be able to style this in a lot of different ways. I also really like the #16 which is in such a pretty purple colour, this wont be a colour that everyone likes, but for me it's a great addition to my bag collection^
Now onto the more elaborate/expensive bags of the collection. The ones that immediately stood out to me were the #9 and #10, these are the yellow and blue beaded bags which I just think are so intricate and well done. I also like the different straps/holding designs of the two giving some choice. I don't like the clutch styles on the first floor so much, I personally would have preferred a few of these designs if they had had straps on them, the silver #7 for example, the printed and jewelled #14 or the metallic fur trimmed #20. But this is just personally preference. The second floor of the store has a few more extravagant designs and I think the furry pieces are pretty fun - the neon green #19 really stands out and I think could make some fun looks, and I also really like the brown and blue #23 as despite the colours I think it looks pretty wearable. I did end up spending almost 400SDs on this release, and that was on 9 pieces and not even all of the bags I would like to get - this Tribute season certainly hasn't come cheaply!

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features is Bianca.Vos styling the The Baguette #19 in such a fantastic way, this outfit jumps off the screen and pulls in all of your attention! This is exactly how I was thinking that this bag should be worn, the green in the focal point and the other greens in the look are perfect complements to the bag. The pink clothing is also a fun touch, not what I would have immediately thought of to pair with the green, but such a fabulous choice - bravo on this one =D
And then we have millaxx who wears the The Baguette #23, again in a way exactly how this piece should be styled. A brown outfit won't be for everyone, but this one is perfect, stylish and suits this doll so much^ This bag does have a lot going on so a more simple styling will always work well for it, I think the combination of the fur and the leather of this dress, along with the intricate gathering up the front of the dress, make a great combination. Plus those strappy shoes are awesome. I also love the gold earrings, they really help highlight the gold details on the bag^

S T Y L I N G S
There will for sure be another styling post to come with looks for the rest of the bags that I bought, but here's three for starters^ First up is The Baguette #12 which is a great combination of pink and red, of course I had a number of pieces in mind as this is one of my favourite colour combinations, so perhaps my outfit isn't a surprise to some of you, haha! But the bag looks great with all of these pieces, I'm particularly happy with the accessories I added - these shoes have a sheen to them like the bag and the glasses also have some sparkle. Next is The Baguette #5 for a super minimal styling. With the light tone of this bag it could be easy for bold colours to overwhelm it so I stuck with similar colours with some of my favourite neutral pieces. I'm so pleased with how the bag looks with this coat, this is a pairing I will repeat =) And lastly back to something a little more fun with The Baguette #9, I really love this outfit! I have a lot of yellow pieces in my wardrobe but finding a perfect yellow for the bag was a little tricky, but there were a few choices and I'm really happy with my final decision of this top. I kept it light with these white trousers and used white in the other accessories which highlights the silver hardwear on the bag. I really love this trio of stylings and I'm so excited to see how else I style the remaining bags from the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment