f

Sunday 12 February 2023

I N S P I R E D B Y P R A D A | Tribute Review

Our next Tribute is here, it's Prada^ Now looking back at my posts, this is only the second time we've had Prada, but now I'm wondering if I've missed posting about a release, because surely not?! I feel like it's been more! Nevertheless, out previous Prada was quite a fun release and I still see the pieces being used quite regularly still so it's a lasting brand in the Plaza, lets get on and see if this one will be the same:  
The release is a pretty big one, with 5 floors full of looks! The release has quite an emphasis on outerwear, which I'm a fan of, and the pieces have been selected from several different releases from the brand. First up accessories - for me these were a bit weak. While there are shoes and bags, there's little else to embellish the outfits in the store with the exception of the Crossed Belt which I do think looks great, but where are the jewellery items?! There are 4 pairs of shoes on offer. While the style isn't for me, I do think the Monolith Boots will be a popular choice with their chunky design. And while I do prefer the style of both the Black and Beige Shoes, I don't think these are anything stand out and I don't like the look of them on my doll. There are a lot more options for bags, with 8 to choose from. The styles do seem more on the minimal side, but the colours are vibrant and really pop in the store. I'm obsessed with the greens on offer, I love the look of both the Green Hand Bag and Green Hand Purse, I'm sure I've requested more green options before and these cover both ends of the spectrum of shades. I really like the sizes and simple designs of both of these, I think they will be easy to style and I look forward to wearing them. I'm also a big fan of the Orange Purse, I like both the colour and the smart design. It's very similar to at least one other bag that I have, so it's by no means a unique piece, but I really like the style of it overall. The Fairy Bag is certainly a unique piece in this collection, I think the design is very nice and it does make for a stand out piece, but just not for me.
Now onto the clothing, which was a much better offering than the accessories. As I said before, the collection has a big focus on outerwear pieces and there are 10 looks devoted to coats/jackets which is quite a lot for one collection and won't be to everyones taste. On the other hand, I love a good coat! The first piece that really stood out to me was the Coat With Chain, it's sleek in the fitted design and the navy colour and I love the structuring to the shoulders and neckline of the piece, along with that little chain detail. In a similar dressy style are both the Trench Coat and Camel Coat which I love as well. The Trench Coat has a lovely smart fit on the doll but has a fabulous flair with those pink furry additions to the sleeves. I really like the green tweed of this one. I've seen many people wear this already so it's a popular choice! The Camel Coat has such a retro feel with the length, collar design and sleeve length which I think make it a stand out piece - I'm really quite excited to style this one and would love to see someone else give it a try too. Two of the more creative/out there pieces that I really like the look of are the Red Dotted Coat and the Kimono Coat, both are mixed colours but with a feature of red which makes them stand out in the store - they sure caught my eye! The Red Dotted Coat has a classic trench coat style to it but of course with a vibrant design that I think will really look good with some creative use of accessories. The Kimono Coat has a fabulous artistic flair with the print on it, and the design is definitely more unique, I also really like the oversizing of it. Of course there are also some non-outerwear pieces to choose from and some fabulous picks amongst them. The Midi Dress With Beads really caught my attention, but there's something that's put me off buying it yet - I just can't put my finger on it. The raspberry-ombre colour is stunning and I like the spaghetti strap design along with the length, but I just can't commit to it yet! I also think the Translucent Purple Dress is stunning, the colour is amazing and the overall fit/shape of the piece is great plus the glitter black trim, but it's just something I think I would really struggle to style. I'm yet to see anyone try either of these dresses and would love to see if that might give me some inspiration^ There are a couple of co-ord sets in the release. The sets that really pop to me are the Golden Top and Skirt which have a great bold colour and a fantastic overall style with the Skirt being a piece I would definitely wear, and also the Fairy Top and Pants which have such a fresh feeling in the store, being quite different to the other pieces on offer, and again the Pants really stand out to me as something I would wear. I think the Striped Cardigan and Skirt set is also pretty nice, but I don't think these are pieces I would really get wear from.

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features is mery.- who pairs the Grey Mini Dress with the Transparent Blouse in this fabulous dressy-casual styling^ The two pieces work well together, the colours are almost matching but both items do well to stand out individually. The jeans layered underneath give a casual touch, I like the loose style to them and the colour is a good fit with the greys up top. The transparent and silver accessories are the perfect finishing touch for this look!
Next up is harpie wearing the Trench Coat in this head-to-toe glamorous styling! I spotted quite a number of dolls wearing this piece so it was a bit of a competition for which one I would feature. I loved all of the added pink pieces to this look, I think they're all perfect choices. The sock-heels have the perfect shade of pink and the black of the shoes mixes it up a bit and makes for a great pairing for the chosen blouse with the black neck tie. This pink crossbody is a lovely addition, and the gold is perfect for the jewellery too. Also love the makeup styling, it's gorgeous =)
And the final feature comes from BeatriceFashion who has opted for the Transparent Coat - this is the only styling I've seen of this piece, and it's fabulous =D The layering of a few sheer pieces works really well here, and the coat piece holds its own against the sheer pieces beneath it. I love the use of these booties in the look, they're very complementary to the coat and also pair well with the little pearl bag added and all of that silver jewellery! The jewellery pieces look fantastic and really amp up the glamour in this styling =D

S T Y L I N G S
I bought quite a number of pieces from this release, so there will be a second styling post with the clothing items coming soon, but for now - the bags! First up is the Green Hand Purse which was just such an easy piece to style and is in a colour that I'm really lacking in my bag collection. I loved this dark velvet suit with the bag, the bag really draws out those small touches of green throughout the print and was perfect for the addition of dark green accessories. It's pretty simple but I think still an effective look for this piece. Next up is the Green Hand Bag which I immediately knew would be a perfect fit with these boots, I just love the pairing so much! I was kind of set on pairing them with something white, although I've perhaps kept it too simple with this dress. Nevertheless the dress is a great piece and the green pops well against the bright white. All I'm lacking is some matching green earrings or a necklace^ And the final styling is with the Orange Purse which in hindsight, really does look similar to other orange bags I have. I made an effort to style this differently to how I would typically go with an orange bag and I'm so pleased with the outcome =) The orange is a darker shade and so was a pretty awesome match with these ombre-style boots, the two look great together and I'll repeat this pairing for sure. I liked these white trousers with them but decided to keep a good balance with light and dark colours by adding this coat. I really love the brown with orange, it's super fresh and a really appealing pairing - I'm so pleased with this final look =D

1 comment: