f

Wednesday 5 October 2022

Buckle Up

I'm getting crafty again. Making trousers out of whatever's lying around.


I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure this is as successful as I was hoping. I really like the massive buckle of this AREA skirt, but I think the length of it is very awkward when it's worn as a skirt. I found it a bit hard to proportion well, while still showing off that buckle.
 
So I got to thinking about whether it could work as the top of some voluminous black trousers....? I didn't have a pair that worked *just right* so I had to get layering. I'm thinking it looks a bit like a skort (skousers?) now, but it was worth the exploration!
 
Also, I really don't know why I'm in such a glove mood. I think it's because they're so dramatic and impractical for your everyday life. Tell us you don't have to do anything dextrous today without actually telling us. And isn't that irreverence at the centre of the fashion industry really?
 
Featuring:
Pearl Disco Top • PPQ of Mayfair
Big Buckle Skirt • Bonjour Bizou
High Waist Shorts • Bonjour Bizou
Mugler Inspired Black Pants • Inspired by Thierry Mugler
Billowing Black Trousers • Callie's Picks
Pearl Stone Earring • Vinyl
Perfect Cream Scarf • Limited Edition
Flower Embroidery Leather Gloves • Windows on the World
Taupe Envelope Clutch • Callie's Picks
Lace Ankle Boots • Fallen Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment