f

Wednesday 12 October 2022

Bodice Ripper

Corsets are having their moment in the sun again aren't they? I was about to say that I was around when that happened first (i.e the bustier trend of the early 00's) and then I realised that while I'm Stardoll-Ancient, I'm not *that* ancient...
 
 

You'll have seen me sporting this corset in Kirsten's Schiaparelli Tribute Round-Up (thank you Kirsten!) and I think this Westwood piece might be my favourite to drop while I was lost in the desert and not on Stardoll.
 
Obviously we know it dresses up (as one might an expect a corset to do), but it also dresses down pretty well too, as the kids do these days. I could easily have left it as the corset on it's own, but man, it looks good with these dramatic, diaphanous sleeves. It's that contrast again - hard corset lines, but soft sleeves and drapy loose trousers. 

If you want to layer it up like I've done in both this and my Schiaparelli look, but you want to keep that gorgeous neckline, you're going to have to get creative with layering and trickery. 
 
I've layered up the shirt that I want to use for sleeves, then over that, I've resized and rotated a couple of tubetops in my skintone (Underneath Stardoll) to cover the original neckline. To make sure you can layer the corset over the top, you'll need to hover the tubetops just on the edge of your dolls outline, until they 'snap' on, but with the rotation still in place. It takes a bit of practice, but once you've got it, you can float your corset right over the top and check that nothing extra is poking out the sides. The thickness of this corset's straps is great for this. 
 
After you've done your layering, what really sells it is putting the contours of your doll's body back in - Transform's collarbone and decolletage contours are the best for this, and it helps to choose something that reflects the vibe of your outfit. A corset could call for a more extreme contour, but as I'm keeping things looser here, I've just gone for the subtle shadow.
 
It can be our little secret, wink wink. 
 
Featuring:
Westwood Corset • Subcouture
Oversized Tulle and Silk Top • Voile
White Crisp Pants • Millionaire Mansion Fashion
Faux Leather Cap • Original Future
HotBuys Gold Rope Necklace • Pretty 'n' Love
Velvet Bow x 2 • Evil Panda
Clutch Bag Black • Mr.
HotBuys Eclipse Sneakers • Original Future

No comments:

Post a Comment