f

Wednesday 28 September 2022

When in Rome

I'm feeling a bit of post-Tribute fatigue (and real life fatigue) at the minute so I think it's always best to take a good look at some of the older things in your wardrobe to see if it can breathe some inspiration into your newer pieces.

 

I've had this Versace inspired LE dress for a good while - it came in one of the covid mini releases last year and I must admit, that as I was styling it, I didn't immediately identify that it was Versace (shame on me). It's a gorgeous twist on a classic though, and while I started playing with layering, I settled on slightly covering the cut out rather than obliterating it. I like a good cutout, but it's not especially great for multiple wears.
 
The description itself calls this Roman inspired and the gold accessories I've chosen reflect this - gold earrings with classical nudes, the iconic Versace braclets from the recent tribute as a clasp for the bag (see I'm clearly not totally hopeless!) and some gold belting to highlight the waist under the boxy jacket. The contrast of the formless jacket and form-fitting dress might not do it for everyone, but it definitely does it for me. 
 
Featuring:
Roman Inspired Dress • Limited Edition
White Crisp One Side Blazer • Millionaire Mansion Fashion
Statement Earrings • Epiphany
HotBuys Gold Chain of Chains Choker • Rio
Red Carpet Golden Belt • Special Offer
Purse Gold • Inspired by Zuhair Murad Tribute
Arm Bracelet Right (worn as a bag clasp) • Inspired by Versace Tribute
White Mimmi Heel • Vinyl

No comments:

Post a Comment