f

Monday 27 February 2017

T H E J E T S E T | Release Review

Brand new The JetSet hit our Plaza on Friday, and I was a little surprised as I'd sort of forgotten about the store, oops^ But the pink and gold on the homepage was super eyecatching and totally made me perk up at the thought of what the collection could bring!
Highlights Not gonna lie, my first thought was 'OMG I love this, I need everything'! I'm so impressed with this release and the pieces chosen and their styles and the quality of the graphics - Stardoll, this is a winner! I would love more like this! I don't see so much of a theme but I see a lot of popular styles and I think this often goes down a lot better with a wider range of people than a themed store might. 
Accessories There are just a small number of accessories (and I mean really small) with this release with just shoes and a bag - I don't mind this so much as I feel like overall there is a good choice for making purchases. Love the style of the bag, the Denim Quilted Bag, it's a sweet piece with a great colour tone and a really good size, plus I like the chain as it's super delicate and I think will stand out nicely against clothing. The shoes are both in the same slip-on-mule style, but I'm not complaining, I love this and I'm excited to get these pairs for my doll! So there are the silver Metallic Block Heel Mules and then the blue Striped Silk Bow Heels. I think they compliment each other, and the store, really well and will suit a lot of different styles that people have. And that's it for the accessories - a little minimal, but I'm happy with what we did get =)
Clothing So a much larger focus on the clothing in this release, and I feel like Stardoll has really packed a lot in there in terms of styles and trends and colours and shapes - it's awesome! There are a couple of dresses and one-pieces included in the store but I don't feel like they hold the focus very well amongst all the styles on offer - I do really quite like the Striped Poplin Wrapped Dress, I think it's a great style for spring and summer and I'm particularly attached to the blue and white stripes^ So I find the separates really do grab your attention in the store more than anything else. There are two pairs of trousers, which I immediately added to my bag - both have a cropped style and a wider-leg shape to them, plus sit really nicely on the doll! The Stonewashed Bell Bottom Jeans seem hugely popular with the hem design, and I think these will be a good classic. I do also love the Cropped Wide Kahki Pants, the colour is nice for both spring and autumn and I think they will be a versatile piece to pair with other styles. Of the rest, there are 4 tops and 4 outerwear choices which give a good range to choose from and also come in a host of different colours. So with the tops it's split pretty evenly into two one-shoulder styles, which I really like trying out on my doll. There's the sweet Asymetrical One Shoulder Top in a pretty pastel pink, something I think which will go down well especially with the great draping, and the Bubbly Sky Blue Top which is a great complementary piece to the first and I think it looks really great on the doll! And the other tops are sweaters, matching pieces in different colours, the Navy and Deep V Choker Knit, a style I really like and am excited to wear. This time I'm sticking to the cream colour as I feel like I have one really similar in colour to the navy already (the Blue Wool Sweater from It Girls) , but the style is cool and I think it will be well received in the Plaza. And now the outerwear! Each piece is pretty different to the next, which is good for variety in the store. The piece that stands out most, mostly because it's the brightest, is the Miu Miu Inspired Embellished Vest, and although it's not a piece I'm going to choose, I think people with the right style will wear it really well. What also stands out well is the Frill Primrose Jacket for it's pastel yellow tone which I quite like and think it will make a good colour-addition for the spring season, and I also like the sleeve and body length as something a little different. Finally I also really really like the Blush Pink Velvet Biker Jacket, there's so much about it to enjoy! Colour is fab, style is great, fit is wonderful and the material and texture is super dreamy, I'm so excited to style this one into so many outfits =D
Prices The range of this release was 14 to 28SD and as it's an SS-only store, everything is limited to SS or Royalty members, which I think is fair. Prices are all really good and I managed to buy quite a lot of pieces without breaking the bank too much!
Styled Outfits I had so much fun styling these looks, but also a lot of challenges as I just found so many ways to style things - so here I've just styled the accessories and at the end of the week I'll share my clothing styles =) First up the Striped Silk Bow Heels and I stuck with a blue theme (I could have gone super overboard on the stripes, but I held back a little) and I really like the use of white with them. They were easy to style and a lot of pieces matched them so I think they will easily be a regular in looks this year. Secondly the Metallic Block Heel Mules and I definitely tried out something a little different, but not that much clearly because my favourite silver polo is still there, but I loved these shoes with this denim midi skirt and really quite liked the playful contrast that this coat offers. And lastly the Denim Quilted Bag in this Parisian style with stripes and a sweet necktie, it kinda just had to be done^ I like the bag with the shirt particularly well, and also the contrast between the blue of the denim and the black of the trousers.
Features Glad to see people enjoying this release as much as I do! First up Jesika_Stem going with the Deep V Choker Knit in this rather cool styling with a denim midi - I really love this combination! The colours are a nice match together and the look has been accessorised well with glitter and perspex^
Secondly kat (formerly pandaribbon) wearing the Blush Pink Velvet Biker Jacket and Metallic Block Heel Mules in this creative and amazing look! I would never have thought to pair any of these items together at all, but it works! I especially love the jacket with the knitted polo, that's an idea I might have  to wear at some point too^
And lastly ManiakPupili wearing the Stonewashed Bell Bottom Jeans in a classic street styling combining young current trends, velvet, leather and trainers - what a mix! I really like the belt-bag used along with the meshed socks, I think the pair look nice together with the jeans =D