f

Friday 4 November 2022

Barbie Girl

 It was all getting a bit too neutral wasn't it? 
 

When I'm getting stuck in a cycle of black, white, beige etc, hot Barbie pink is such a great reset. This coat is so joyful and it deserved some heavy sparkle to contrast against that utilitarian silhouette.
 
You know that problem goths talk about - all the shades of black not matching? I have the same problem with so many 'black' pieces that, to my eye, look purple, or slightly green, and it drives me nuts! These trousers have fallen foul of this in several potential looks - they're just slightly purple when I think they're supposed to be black. Luckily, there's a surprising amount of what I'm calling 'ambiguously black' items in the plaza - this bag being another. It's got the same slightly utilitarian style as the coat, but from a distance, looks glitzy enough to match all our 70s disco glitz under the coat.
 
As with most looks I put together, I don't know where she's going, but wherever it is, she'll be toasty warm, tactically equipped, and the belle of the disco ball.

Featuring:
Pink Coat Male • Vinyl
Sequin top black • Rio
Naeem Khan Inspired Pants • Young Hollywood
Pink Rectangular Sunglasses • Vinyl
Metallic Wrap Belt • Callie's Picks
Crossbody Bag • Mr
HotBuys Monochrome Shoes • It Girls


No comments:

Post a Comment