f

Sunday 7 August 2022

Z U H A I R M U R A D T R I B U T E | Tribute Review

Apologies for the delay on this one, but it's one of the best times of the year - the start of the Summer 2022 Tribute season! I don't really keep too up-to-date with the latest collections from any brand, so I'm pretty open to what there could be in this season, but I think this starts us off pretty strong - the first Tribute of this season is Zuhair Murad! This is the second time we've had this brand in a Tribute season, but it's been a long time since our one release in December 2014 and the collection sure has taken a step up since then, let's take a look:
Very much like the first Zuhair Murad release, this collection isn't so much my thing, but I sure can appreciate a well put together and well executed collection - I think it makes a strong start to the season. Having looked through the recent Zuhair Murad collections I really see some beautiful pieces and looks that I love, so it's nothing against the brand at all, but the gown-focus here is what isn't so much my thing. But starting strong, lets talk accessories because I love those in this release! There are a LOT of accessories in this release, possibly more than we've had in a Tribute release for a long time. First up, footwear - there are a staggering 12 pairs of shoes in this collection which is super impressive. I really quite like a lot of these pairs, I think the team did a great job with them. They are split between boots and heels. In the heels category there are 7 pairs, with a couple coming in two different colour choices. Here I really quite like the Black Feathers Heels (which also come in Satin Pink in a close design), the delicate straps around the ankle are lovely and the feathers are stylish - these really look great on the doll and will work well with a lot of styles. Another classic pair are the Black and/or Silver Strap Heels - super versatile in design and also in both colours available, these will work well for anyone! The criss-cross strap design on the foot looks great and will be a standout detail in an outfit, I also like that despite a lot of straps, they really look like a delicate shoe. I think the Black Heels will be a popular choice - these are half black and half perspex on the front of the foot which makes an interesting design element that I think a lot of people will like, we've had a couple of similar designs in the past which I have, so I won't be picking these up, but I think this pair is a very nice option. These also come in Silver, but personally I don't think this colour works so well with the design. Now onto the boots, which really impress me so much, these styles really are outstanding to me and I'm so pleased with the choice we have. The first pair that caught my eye were the Knee Boots, these have a western-style design with a black base and a beige pattern all around them. I'm not sure what in particular drew me to them, but I just thought they were stunning! These have a more casual vibe to them than the heels or some of the other boots and I felt immediately like they would fit my style well and I would have a lot of options for styling them - I really love these, although haven't seen anyone else wear them yet. Next are the Raspberry Boots which also stand out in the store for their bold colour, it's vibrant and really quite awesome, we don't quite have anything else like them. These are super tall and over the knee in design, but are well-fitted to the leg so layering will work with them. They're quite a unique piece in the store so I really kept thinking about them - I'm excited to style them. The Sequins Boots and Studded Boots have a similar base design, they come up to under the knee with a slouched design around the legs, I quite like this but I'm not sure if it will be to everyones taste. Both pairs are black however the first pair has a silver tone with the sequins and the studs of the second pair are in gold. The final pair of boots which I am currently trying to make my mind up about buying are the Ankle Boots, these stand out as the only ankle boot style in the collection - I like the ankle height for them but also really am quite attracted to the fabulous metallic art-deco pattern, it's unique and it really stands out amongst the other pairs of shoes in the store, I am super tempted! The collection has six bags on offer, however technically five of these are the same design in different colours - which isn't something I'm against, but if you don't like the overall style/design of the Purse (which comes in black, gold, green, pink and white) then you're not left with many options. I like the design, particularly the gold chain handle, I like how it's a handheld piece but would perhaps like an over the shoulder or cross-body option with the design. I've picked up a couple of these and look forward to styling them =) The last bag is the Powder Pink Clutch, this is a super sweet piece, the pink is pretty and it's a minimal design making it pretty versatile - I think it's the sort of piece that will always come in handy in a bag collection. In terms of other accessories there are a couple of pieces, however no jewellery at all with this collection - I think with the style of pieces on offer some jewellery items would have looked great, but the lack of jewellery is balanced with the large number of shoes on offer.
Now the clothing. Whilst I think these pieces really are beautiful and there are so many pieces to choose from (21 looks in the whole collection!), but really these glammed-up looks are really not my style - I find pieces like this are quite 'one time wears' and I find them hard to style in multiple different ways, they're not so versatile. But just because I don't want to buy the pieces myself doesn't mean I can't appreciate them. I do really like that the floors have a slight theming to each of them, so I will go through based on that. The first floor is very mini and gold, I think this is a great opener to the collection. The Gold Black Sequins Dress looks super smart and elegant, but I feel the style is aimed a bit older than what most people on the site are - this also comes with the belt attached and I think it could be more versatile if it was a separate piece because I think the colours of the piece are very nice. The Black Gold Dress is such a cute strapless mini with a flouncing skirt, I love the feathering along with neckline and I think this piece really looks great on the doll. The Sequins Mini Dress also stands out because the design matches that of the Ankle Boots, so I'm tempted to also buy this just to make a matched look^ This piece actually reminds me of the Herve Leger Tribute with the fitted slim style, I really like the long sleeves and the little structure to the shoulders - this is definitely a piece I'm tempted with. The second floor really brings the wow factor with some bold colour however there are also some classic black pieces, I think the Lace Sparkly Mini Dress will be a popular choice, the lace ruffled sleeves are quite stunning - this also comes with the belt attached and bear in mind that the piece is completely sheer. The Red Gown is dramatic, the bold colour looks great and I do really like the sheen on those pleats! The third floor is a lot calmer with more neutral light colours. I love the look of the White Mini Dress in the store, I think it looks super elegant and the striped design really stands out nicely, but the belt is attached and I really don't like how the piece looks on my doll which was a real shame. The Powder Pink Top and Pants set is also super cute and I was very tempted, but this colour didn't look so good on me either, it really put me off. The final floor is all about black pieces and these designs really pull my attention all over the place. The Sequins Jumpsuit looks fabulous, I really like the sleeveless design and the deep V neckline, plus I think the trouser part of it sits on the doll beautifully - my only qualm is the sheer aspect to the whole piece and I'm not sure if layering something underneath might change the look of the piece. I also really liked the Sequins One Piece Suit from this floor, it's the piece I am most tempted to buy, sure it's not hugely versatile but I think it looks great on the doll and looks like it would be easy to accessorise in a number of ways.

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features is Achrome styling up the Leather Ornamental Jacket looking both glamorous and casual at the same time! I love the combination of the jacket with these trousers, the two floral designs seem to have been made for each other, they really fit togteher seamlessly. The black base of the jacket and navy of the trousers also fit together well. Accessorising is simple yet effective, this sparkling silver clutch really pops out well against the dark base and metallic detail of the clothing pieces^
Second is kate17Elegante who also styles the Leather Ornamental Jacket, highlighting some versatility that this piece can offer. The piece looks very rock-chick with these super chunky platform heels and the mesh trousers - the silver works very nicely with the details on the jacket. The rest of the accessories are fitting to the style, the bag is a great size and I love the combination of these big silver hoops with the top knot in the hair, they really complete the look nicely =)
The final feature comes from Bianquette styling up the Purse Gold - I was so glad to see someone making use of one of these bags, particularly the gold version as I wasn't quite sure if I like it or not. I think the bag looks great with the rest of the gold details added in the look, this shirt was a great choice with those golden details around the cuffs! I also really like the 'belt' addition, this is a fun piece that works well for this purpose, it stands out beautifully. The white trousers and hat balance well and look super stylish - a great look overall =D

S T Y L I N G S
And onto my own stylings - so far I have only bought accessories, and quite a lot of them at that! So these looks are just my first stylings and a second styling post will be on the way soon. First up are the Raspberry Boots which I spent a lot of time working with to find a great look, I found several options that I really likes with them, so I think there will be no problem styling them another time. I am so pleased with this outfit for them though, I think they really pop nicely against the bright white of the trousers and the colour of the top and belt, while isn't a perfect match, fits pretty well with them. I also liked adding a few white accessories, this dinky little bag in particular looks great! Next is the Powder Pink Clutch, which actually I thought would be easier to style than it was, however I think it will be a great staple piece and I'm still happy to have bought it. It's almost a cross between pink and a lilac, so I found matching the colour perfectly a little tricky but I think this pink shirt and matching heels work very nicely with it. Accidentally I've gone for the same white trousers, but I think they work very well in this styling too^ And finally are the Knee Boots which so far are definitely my favourite piece of the collection, I really loved styling these so much. I had quite a few options to choose from and I had been quite set on a particular blazer at first, but then when I tried this bag I knew that was the winning accessory combination for this first outfit. The clothing is super simple to really let these accessories stand out and I think that's worked very effectively - I'm excited to style these boots again already =D

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the highlight! glad you liked my outfit! love here ♥ xoxo kate

    ReplyDelete