f

Wednesday 31 August 2022

Garden Girl

 Is there such a thing as Cottage Punk? 
 
One of the most formative moments in fashion for me was when Ashish put these chunky boots on the the Spring 2012 runway accessorised with all these delicate flowers. I think about it weekly at least. 
 
The balance of hard and soft, utilitarian and fanciful, is the best embodiment of my own relationship with fashion and gender. I am mad for these boots. And you can be too, thanks to my old faithfuls - the various plant pieces from an old edition of 9 to 5. If you can find them in the bazaar, hoard them! They're so useful!
 
These boots are a statement - so not for everyone, but as long you keep the chunk well balanced, anyone can pull it off. I've paired them with a pretty feminine dress, but the black ribbons with the earrings reflect the darkness further up and frame the delicate green.
 
Do you have a formative fashion moment that made you wake up and say YES THAT. That one there. Sound off in the comments - I'd love to hear!
 
Featuring:
Ganni Dress • Vinyl
Faux Bone Earrings • Inspired by Balmain Tribute
Plait Ribbons • PPQ of Mayfair
Gold Chain Bag • Pretty 'n' Love
Leather Platform Boots • Nelly.com
Assorted Florist Leaf Twigs and Flowers • 9 to 5


No comments:

Post a Comment