f

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Thick as Thieves

This post is best appreciated with the Mission Impossible Theme Song playing in the background...

I've been feeling a bit nostalgic, so I've revisited one of the first things I styled as a Guest Writer - this Dries Van Noten inspired trench coat dress. My style has evolved quite a bit since then, though apparently I still have a penchant for multiple bags per look...


When I originally styled this dress it was less common, however it popped up in Callie's Picks a short while ago. I'm glad because it's an interesting piece - slightly oversized, weird colour, odd length. Everything about it is a little challenging so it makes for a good styling workout and I appreciate seeing it utilised well. 

I wanted a slinky cat-burglar-esque vibe so I've sized it down slightly, gone for black leather gloves (no finger prints) and practical sports luxe bags (for loot). I've added some interest  with the sleeves just in case my thief gets caught in the act and needs blend in with her fashionable surroundings.

Originally, I intended the glasses to be a sort of ad hoc disguise, but this is the third consecutive look where I've given my doll specs. Clearly her sight is going in her old age. She is nearly 13 after all...

Ingredients | You Will Need
Trench Dress Inspired by Dries Van Noten | It Girls 
Sleeveless Polka Dot Polo | Fallen Angel
Metal Mesh Overlay Top | Otherworld
LE Prada Inspired Cat Eye Glasses | Limited Edition
Dreamy Earrings | Cheap Monday 
Lateral Pouch | Original Future
Violet Lockdown Belt | Givenchy Tribute
Black Slouchy Gloves | Inspired by Off-White Tribute
Sport Bag | Film Theory Classics
Kendall Thigh Highs | Inspired by Balmain Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment