f

Monday 5 February 2024

I N S P I R E D B Y S C H I A P A R E L L I | Tribute Review

Time for Tribute number 2 of the season - it's Inspired By Schiaparelli! I love the consistency in the advertising between the releases this year, I really like it for the season and I think it works nicely to try and tie the releases together. The looks on the advertising are mixed in style with a range of colours - but do all seem on the glam side. It's our third time having a Schiaparelli release and I'm looking forward to diving in to see what this one brings to the Plaza:
For me, this Schiaparelli Tribute really shines - compared to the previous collections it's much larger and I think there's a much better range of pieces in all categories included, there's much more that works for me in the release compared to previous ones, so I'm impressed! Like the McQueen Tribute, there are 3 floors here, and a total of 18 looks to choose from (no male styles this time). With that many pieces, I think everyone could find something that suits their own style and preferences. Starting with the accessories. There are only 3 pairs to choose between, but these seem very versatile and suit all of the mannequin outfits in the store. I really love the Patent Leather Keyhole Pumps, the black and gold combination is a classic, and I really like the pointed toe design. These also come in Nude if you prefer that colour combination. I also really like that these tie in well with the keyhole design feature of the first Schiaparelli release. There are 2 bags in the release, which isn't many for the number of looks, but both are super cool pieces. The Red Triple Anatomy Jewelry Bag has such a fun design on a bold red base. I love the structure to the design and think that overall this piece really stands out as a Schiaparelli design. Then there is the Mini Anatomy Embroidered Bag which I just had to buy - I love the intricate jewelled detail all over the front and all in gold, as someone who loves and wears plenty of gold accessories, I know this will work well in my collection! There are also a couple of belts to choose from, personally I adore the Gilded Gold Belt which is slim around the body then has a large and detailed front buckle. It's really a stunning piece. And then this release has quite an extensive number of jewellery pieces. With the exception of 1 item, the rest all have both BP and suite versions which I really love having that option of. There are several necklaces to choose from, with the majority being in gold so I'm all pleased about that. I particularly like the Fleur De Lis Necklace which wraps around the back of the neck, and also the Curb Chain Necklace which combines white and gold in a more simple design. There are also some bangles to choose from, these aren't so much things that I wear but the Keyhole Cuff Bracelet is available in SCs and has a nice classic black and gold design alongside a gold keyhole on the body. And the last piece I have to mention in this category are the Keyhole Pierced Ear Earrings, these are the only earrings in the collection but are also in SCs. The design on these is super intricate and I think they really look great on the doll so I'm excited to see how these can work into many different looks.
Next onto the clothing which I will do by floor. I really love the selection available overall, and for me, this is a stand out collection. The first floor is all about colour, there's a wide range to choose from and really the colours pull your attention all over the place. The blue of the Cobalt Blue Skirt and Blue Body Paint Top really pops and catches my eye first - these aren't so much my style of clothing, but I love this colour a lot. Now I do love the multi-coloured pieces on this floor, the High Waist Embroidered Skirt is such a fun maxi skirt in rainbow colours, I love the glitter effect on this one too, plus the waistline is super cool. I also like the simple Sleeveless Turtleneck that it's paired with too, really inspires me with styling ideas. And then there's also the Crochet Puzzle Dress which is such a fun and unique piece, the colours are fantastic on this and I really like the long sleeved midi-length style. Of course there are also more neutral tones in the Corset Lace Dress which is a very pretty pale pink, this has a very nice corset and lace design to it. The second floor is a mix of neutrals and metallics - I love that combination a lot! Of course I am drawn to the gold tones of the Gold Cardigan and Gold Stretch Skirt, these are fab in the middle of the floor and I'm really excited to work with these and see how others choose to style them. If silver is more your thing then there is the co-ord of the Mirror Jacket and Mirror Skirt, but also the Leaf And Rhinestones Bib which will be a great layering piece. I also love the Liquid Effect Black Miniskirt, it's fab on the mannequin but will also be a great party-style basic for styling, I'm excited to work with this. There are also some coats on this floor and I love the drama they bring. I really love the base design of the Wide Sleeved Cream Coat but don't like the added black mermaid skirting on it, for me it doesn't make it as wearable, but the design is still lovely. The Wide Collar Coat is certainly more wearable, it's also super detailed, there's a furry collar and so many gold additions, it's a very nice piece. And the final floor is mostly focussed on black pieces, of course with gold touches. There are also a couple of really great minimal options on this floor - the High Waisted Large Trousers are a great flowing pair of trousers, they have a nice fit on the doll and the gold is on the minimal side, the Black Skirt is also simple being only in a black velvet but with a slight elaborate touch in the voluminous waist, this is such a fun detail, and finally in this category I must also mention the Cropped Black Wool Jacket, it does have some small subtle details and the oversizing in the shoulders is fantastic! Bringing a little silver to the collection is the Pearl Top, this is a gorgeous one-shouldered piece, it's oozing glam^ And the final items to include here are a little more casual, the Breasts Short Jacket and Archives Knitted Miniskirt co-ord are stand out for their funky printed design in black and white. These are really super cute pieces =)

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features is leiona_- who uses quite a number of the pieces, the Black Skirt, Sleeveless Turtleneck, Mini Anatomy Embroidered Bag, Keyhole Pierced Ear Earrings and Pierced Mouth Necklace - everything works great together! I love the slim and mesh style to the tops used in the look, that really helps to emphasise the oversizing of the skirt waistline. The accessories all look great, the white and gold really pop against the black base of the clothing, and all those necklaces layer perfectly, now that is a skill^
Next up is harpie who wears the co-ord of the Mirror Jacket and Mirror Skirt in this silver-centric styling^ The pieces look great worn underneath another item, especially the sleeves, I think they look great with this tunic dress. The colours of the mirror really pop but also highlight the grey dress at the same time. I love all the metallic accessories, especially the bag and the jewellery, the chunky jewels look fab with the mirror mosaic =)
And the final feature comes from MissDark1990 who also wears a number of pieces from the release - the Breasts Short Jacket, Patent Leather Keyhole PumpsKeyhole Pierced Ear Earrings and Enamel Eye Bangle Bracelet, and again, these are all great together =) I think this skirt paired with the jacket is a fantastic idea, the cinched in waist of both pieces works well and the elaborate ruffles of the skirt are great with the oversizing of the jacket at the shoulders and arms. The touches of gold throughout are just perfect and the pieces balance well, I love it!

1 comment: