f

Saturday 24 February 2024

I N S P I R E D B Y B O T T E G A V E N E T A | Tribute Review

Tribute number 5 of the season and it's a brand new brand - it's Bottega Veneta! I didn't really have any 'wishlist' as such for this Tribute season, but was hoping a little for Gucci or Chanel after the first few releases, but this one really blew those wishes out of the park, I am just so impressed with this finale for the season! The team have really outdone themselves with this one - so many complements and big round of applause from me^ The advertising follows suit with the other releases from this season and the outfits really speak to me with their neutral tones and more simple stylings, without further ado, let's get in:
The store is similar to the other releases this season, there are 3 floors and a total of 16 female looks and 1 male look. I really love the vibes in this release, there is generally a more minimal feel to it and such a great mix of colours too - I think everyone will find something for their own styles in this one! Starting with the accessories, there are 7 pairs of shoes to choose from with a few different style options. I am quite drawn in by both the Silver and Gold Metallic Long Boots, these just look fantastic. While there have been similar tall silver and gold boots available before, these have been on limited releases, so it's good to have another option there. These have a really nice pointed toe and a pretty slim fit on the leg. The White and Ribbon Adam Sandals are also an option in different colours, I really love both options and am really struggling to choose which to get, they're both super fresh for the Spring/Summer season. The floral design on these strappy heels is great and really reminds me of Summer styles from maybe 10 or so years ago. For something less Summery or statement, there are also some heel options. The Knotted Leather Bordeaux Mules are really beautiful, the style is something completely unique and for me the knot design immediately reminds me of the brand. The Rocket 90 Leather Mules are a very cool option, love the combination of styles here with the backless look, pointed toe, square front and angled heel - there's a lot going on but I think these will make for some super cool boss-girl looks^ In terms of bags there are 5 to choose from but most in the same design, although this is a very classic one for the brand. The Red, Gold and Black Sardine Leather Minibags all look great, I love the gold handle detail on these and think the quilting knotted style has been done very nicely, the slouch looks great and it's something I think I've been missing in the bags on offer in the Plaza recently. The colour options are really nice, I'm struggling again to choose which one to go for. The Mini Jodie Handbag is also in a very similar style, but has a beaded design all over, this is a cute option for something a little quirkier. And I'm also incredibly tempted by the last option, the Small Black Kalimero Bag, it's both simple and unique, love a good black option with some details, and the size and strap length are great. The release has a number of pairs of sunglasses, it's torture because I want them all XD Both the Black Oval Sunglasses and Brown Cat Eye Hem Shades are great neutral, classic options - the cat eyes in particular are definitely something more unique though especially being in a dark brown, which really attracts me to them. For something more different the Oval Sunglasses also come in Yellow and Kiwi options, the yellow is definitely on the pale side, so this is what I am leaning to between these two pairs. The last pieces to mention are the jewellery options, there are two pairs of earrings, the Silver H Beam Earrings and the Gold H Heam Earrings, both have a really nice simple but different style to them and are really nice options to have to include in a look. The silver pair are also in SCs.
Onto the clothing, and I'm honestly overwhelmed, there are so many pieces to look at and consider! The first floor of the store is the browns, and warm tones. As an orange-loving gal, I'm drawn in immediately by the Orange Leather Dress! The sheen on it is amazing and I love the mix of a leather texture with such a folded piece with an oversized style. I really love the brown tones too, and they're such gorgeous pieces. The Draped Neck Leather Dress is super sleek, love the fitted midi style then the looser design at the neckline. And the Brown Leather Midi Dress has beautiful gathering on the front as well as a lovely midi length - do I really need 2 brown midi dresses? No, definitely not, but I'm struggling to choose which to pick! The second floor is blues, whites and greys, just a really lovely mix of colours and pieces here. I love both navy and white, so I think this is the floor for me haha. The Double Leather Trench Coat really combines the two perfectly, this is almost like a dream coat for me in RL too, I really love the design of it, the mix of the colours and where they are in the design, and the fit on the doll is nice and slightly oversized but not too much. Sticking with whites, I also adore the White Sheer Cotton Dress, this is such a beautiful piece and I was sold on it as soon as I'd seen it in the advertising. It's minimal but super stylish and I think will be a great versatile piece for Spring and Summer. With the blues, of course the Navy Leather Wrap Skirt was what stood out to me the most, what a beautiful piece! This has a just over the knee length and has a lovely fit on the doll, I like the wrap design, and of course the colour. While it's a minimal piece, it's definitely not like anything we've had before in the Plaza. The Blue Jacket and Pants co-ord is a cute set, I like the denim vibe it has and I'm so glad it's a set and not a jumpsuit because I think these are super versatile pieces that will work well together and separately. I'm especially a fan of the Pants, these have a lovely straight leg fit on the doll, nice pleating and a good length. The greys aren't so much my thing, but I can see the Slubbed Melange Blazer and Pleated Melange Miniskirt being a popular co-ord, again these pieces will work really well both together and separately and the designs are very trendy ones currently. The final floor has a bit of a mix of designs and styles - a little of everything^ I really like a lot of things on offer here, I'm first drawn to the look right in the middle pairing the Toscana Shearling Cropped Blouson and the Leather Culotte Trousers, these look fab together but I have so many ideas already for these pieces, super versatile for sure! I also really love the Black Structured Coat and I think it's such a great idea to have the Green Corset Separately, this means that you have so many options to add the green detail to, but at the same time have a great black coat that's minimal and can work in so many different ways - this is such a fun touch and I hope it's something we see more of.

F E A T U R E S
First up in the features is carol.dany wearing the Pleated Melange Miniskirt in this cute preppy styling - I love the mix of greys and pinks^ The skirt looks great with this blazer, the two prints are a very close match. I love the tweed vest and the pinks it adds to the look, along with the lace skirt, that really looks fab layered over the skirt and then the pleats at the bottom - super cute^
Next is harpie going for something super simple but incredibly on point in the White Sheer Cotton Dress, Gold Sardine Leather Minibag and the Ribbon Adam Sandal - these pieces all look great together but do stand out in the styling. The dress has layered very nicely with these other similarly designed pieces of clothing, I really love it as a layer in there. The white tones make for a great base for all options of accessories, the pinks and golds together are beautiful, I'm especially loving the earrings and sunglasses combination!
I love the Autumnal vibes in this next look from mery.- who wears the Brown Leather Midi Dress - such a creative idea with this piece, the look really sells it to me! This shade of brown looks amazing with the yellow of the top underneath, such complementary colours to each other and I love the collar and frilling on the  top too. The accessories added are perfect for both pieces, that belting is perfection there in both colour and style, and the boots are an amazing colour match for the dress =)
A second look with the Brown Leather Midi Dress, this time from millaxx and really highlighting great versatility in this piece! The brown really pops well against the smart white of the shirt, the styles of the two pieces are very nice together. The black touches in the accessories also work well for this outfit and I think they're balanced just right not to overpower the highlighting of the dress - I especially love the style of these boots and also the bag design, it's super pretty with the leather on the dress =D
The penultimate feature is from the _chuba who styles the Black Oval Sunglasses, Slubbed Melange Blazer and Blue Pants in this very Scandi-chic look, I love it^ I love that the co-ord pieces are mix-and-matched in this outfit, they look fab together. The casual additions like the printed tee and the trainers are great here, the trouser fit and length in particular is perfect with this shoe choice. The black accessories are also great in this one, the waist belt is perfect and the style of the bag fits well^
And last but not least is darlinglovato wearing a number of pieces - the Navy Leather Wrap Skirt, Red Sardine Leather Minibag and the Knotted Leather Bordeaux Mules and all standing out perfectly! The lilac tones in the top choices are fantastic against the navy, for sure one of my favourite colour pairings and I think these pieces are perfect additions for the skirt. The red touches are very eye-catching and I think complement the clothing very nicely, love it!

1 comment: