f

Saturday 17 February 2024

I N S P I R E D B Y Y / P R O J E C T | Styled Outfits

Our 4th Tribute of the season - and it's Y/Project! This is now our third release from this brand, but it's been a couple of years since the last one. I do always feel a bit on the fence about these releases, it's not a brand I follow and generally the pieces aren't so much my style but I've made good use from some of the accessories in the past. For me, this release really isn't my thing - but I will say that it's the largest we've had from the brand, so if it's a favourite for you, then this is a huge step up. There is a reasonable range in the store with a mix of colours and styles and there are a few pieces I've picked up to try out, but I don't really have enough to say to warrant a full review.
First up, the Blue Paris Best Tote Bag which I thought looked like a really nice versatile bag that's a little something different, I definitely don't have many bag options in denim! I like the pale wash and worn style to it, and also really like the size for a tote bag. But I'm sure you know me, and those little orange details definitely had a role in drawing me to this piece! I actually thought I had some denim clothing in a similar wash, but turns out I don't, so not the look I had originally imagined, but I think it works well to both incorporate the bag but also highlight it. The orange is easy for me to work with and I think these blue heels are a decent match for the blue of the body of the bag. Super cute smart-casual styling with denim^ Next is the Fur Trimmed Jacket which I bought on a bit of a whim because I thought it would be really fun, but I wasn't sure it's very me - I'm so glad I bought it because I really love it on my doll! I did want to use some brown tones in the look to match the fur, but really swayed towards the black this time and I think it works nicely in highlighting the tones of the fur. I kept it pretty simple, but the light trousers definitely make it more into Spring. Even included this previous Y/Project bag and I think it's a great piece here^ And the final pieces, the Leather Coat and B&W Scarf together, these work perfectly as you can see in the store. Another super simple styling because all the focus should be on that amazing scarf - I don't typically go for scarves, but I love the chunky style of this one and the simple colours and design. Of course I chose white trousers and some accessories and they really do make the scarf print pop. The light fabric of these trousers also works well to highlight the leather fabric of the coat. And pretty much straight back to a Winter styling with this one, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment